In January I wrote about the top 5 controversial actresses in the Nepali movie industry. The post got a lot of viewers and the accompanying video is one of the most viewed videos in YouTube Channel. (I am preparing a video report on Top 5 Tattoo beauties which is coming soon.)
The controversial actress list was:
- Rekha Thapa (posts tagged Rekha thapa)
- Namrata Shrestha (Posts tagged Namrata Shrestha)
- Sushma Karki (posts tagged Sushma Karki)
- Pooja Lama (posts tagged Pooja Lama)
- Sumina Ghimire (Posts tagged Sumina Ghimire)
Now, I have one more Top 5 list: Top 5 sex scandals in the Nepali movie industry. The list has two repetations – Namrata Shrestha and Pooja Lama.
- Shrisha Karki (Read Shrisha Karki Biography)
- Namrata Shrestha
- Pooja Lama
- Jyoti Khadka
- Anju Panta
Sex scandals are more tragic than being controversial. Controversies are sometimes good for the celebrity, but sex scandals have done more harm than good. Watch the video report:
Controversial actresses report:
A biography of Bhuwan KC was being written in 2015. Before earthquake I had reported about the completion of writing but, Bhuwan was yet to review the book. After that, a lot of things happened in Nepal – earthquake was the most dreadful thing that happened in a couple of weeks after I wrote the article.
After earthquake, Bhuwan completed his directorial debut movie ‘Dreams’. The movie was successful beyond expectation. The movie established Samragyee RL Rana as the most sought after actress in the Nepali movie industry. That was also the hat trick of hit movies of Bhuwan’s son Anmol KC. But, the biography of Bhuwan KC was forgotten.
Summary of things about the biography:
- Kamal Dhakal of Ghost writing Nepal was writing the biography
- Ghost Writing Nepal had made a deal of Rs. 235,000 for the book. The deal was signed in January 2015.
- The book was initially titled ‘Playboy’. Bhuwan objected to it and renamed ‘Superstar’.
- The book was delayed when Bhuwan didn’t finished reviewing the book in time (April 2015).
Nepali Movie – Khoj
Starring – Suman Singh, Biraj Bhatt, Dipshikha Shahi, Kalpana Shahi, Mausami Malla, Baldip Rai etc.
Director – Kishor Dhakal
Nepali movie ‘Khoj’ is a presentation of Nainu Shumsher JBR. The movie features the art by late Gopal Bhutani, Background Score by Yam Ale Magar, lyrics by Pramod Dhungana, music by Basanta Sapkota, action by Roshan Shrestha, editing by Banish Shah, choreography by Raju Shah, the script and the cinematography by the director Kishor Dhakal.
Watch the full movie ‘Khoj’
I have prepared a list of Nepali movies you shouldn’t miss.
UPDATE: Some more must watch movies are released online:
- Watch ‘Classic’ – Best movie of the year, Best actor of the year Aryan Sigdel, Best actress of the year Namrata Shrestha.
- Watch ‘Chhaka Panja’ – a record breaking fun filled comedy movie by Deepak and Deepak Raj Giri.
- Watch ‘Pardeshi’ – New superhit movie of of Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC.
1. Pashupati Prasad
The 2015 release movie written by the lead actor, Khagendra Lamichhane, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ is a movie about the problem of poverty. The movie directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by critics and the viewers. Khagendra’s previous movie ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ was also a very successful movie. I would recommend you to watch both of them but, let me count both of them as one.
A love-story movie, release in 2013 is set in a very beautiful location in Mustang. The movie featuring Nischal Basnet, Rishma Gurung, Dayahang Rai and Rajan Khatiwada in leading role is directed by Ram Babu Gurung. After the huge success of ‘Kabaddi’ its sequel ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ was also released in 2015. If you like ‘Kabaddi’ you won’t be dissapointed by its sequel ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ too.