USA election doesn’t have much impact to Nepal. But, we are politically so much conscious that every geo-political situation all over the world interests us.
Some Nepali celebrities however are US citizens. Nepali celebrities don’t prefer to reveal the fact about their US citizenship because of the the lack of dual-citizenship provision in Nepal. The celebrities like Saroj Khanal, Suryamala Sharma, Premraja Mahat, Kristi Mainali, Sudhanshu Joshi, Sapana Shree, Harish Mathema, and Krishna Murari Dhungel are said to be US citizens.
- Actress Priyanka Karki wasn’t happy by Trump’s victory. She had written “Madam president”, in the morning and then she wrote, “… and the world is doomed!”
- Richa Sharma wrote “Congratulation to the winner.”
- Hari Bamsha Acharya’s son Mohit Bamsha asked, “How many of you are immigrating to Cananda?”
- Ruby Shah‘s comment was satirical – “Yaha deshko chha chinta, timi US-US bhanchchu.” (Meaning I am worried about my country and you are talking about USA).
- Malina Joshi wrote – #Godblessamerica, sharing The Independent article about Trump’s win.
- Nirmal Sharma (Gaida) congratulated Trump. He has written, “Don’t be like us. Let them go who wants to go to the USA. Let them stay, if they want to stay there. Don’t discontinue DV. Don’t fight and do your work.” (will attach in a while)
- Deepak Raj Giri (will attach)
- Singer Astha Raut has written a long post starting with , “I am feeling sorry for America…”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Shweta Singh wrote, “Victory of the blunt… Donald Trump .. Donald Trump.”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Malvika Subba wrote, “While America is all red, now who is planning to come back to Nepal?”
- Rekha Thapa hasn’t responded after the election result. Before the result, she had written that she ‘loves Hillary’.
Video report about the US Election result:
USA being the world leader in arms and economy has a potential of influencing everybody. Some of the stuffs I noticed about the US Election: