The trailer of ‘Darpan Chhaya 2’ has been recently released. The sequel of a superhit – record breaking movie ‘Darpan Chhaya’, doesn’t feature any original cast. The leading actors Dilip Rayamajhi and Uttam Pradhan couldn’t make it to the sequel. So, the movie features new artists.
When asked, if the sequel can earn as the original movie, the director Tulsi Ghimire says that the movie will earn “12 karore” (that is, 120 million). Do you think the sequel has the potential to earn that much money?
Nepali Movie – Kagbeni
Starring – Saugat Malla, Deeya Maskey, Nima Rumba, Hanif Mohammed, Pooja Gurung, Vivek Gurung etc.
Director – Bhushan Dahal
A 2008 release Nepali movie ‘Kagbeni’ is loosely based on the W. W. Jacobs’ 1902 horror short story “The Monkey’s Paw”. The plot of the movie takes place in a place called Kagbeni, located in the Kali Gandaki valley, about 2-hour walk from Muktinath. Well known journalist Bhusan Dahal has directed the movie featuring well known theatre actors in leading roles.
I think, ‘Kagbeni’ is one of the Top 10 must watch Nepali movies for it’s uniqueness in story telling and quality. As, the movie is an art movie, those looking for an entertaining story might not find it appealing.
Nepali film – Karodpati
Starring :Bhuwan KC, Shusmita KC (New face), Santosh Pant, Ramesh Upreti etc.
Guest Actors – Dolly Thapa, Karishma Manandhar, Sunny Rauniyar, Nir Shah
Direction – Kishor Rana
The Nepali movie ‘Karodpati’ is a presentation of actor Bhuwan KC in his home production company Kajal Films banner. The success of the movie established Bhuwan KC as the successful producer of Nepali film industry. The story of the movie is supposedly written by Kajal KC while the script and the dialogue is written by Brajesh Khanal. Kajal KC is the daughter of Bhuwan KC by his first wife Bijaya KC. Kajal lives in the USA with her mother.
Full movie in a single part:
The life of the comedy actor Deepak Raj Giri is a full package or failures and successes. Let me summarize Deepak’s life in a three-point list:
- Failures and successes
- Friendship and family
- Collaboration and coordination
Before I go in details about each of the aspects of Deepak’s life, you can watch Deepak’s biography:
Failures and successes in Deepak Raj Giri’s life
When you look at the life of Deepak Raj Giri, it was nothing to laugh at. A comedy actor, Deepak, went through a very tough time while growing up. Some of the depressing moments of Deepak’s life:
- Mother died when he was 4. As a kid, Deepak didn’t know what mother’s love is.
- Failed SLC twice. The School Leaving Certificate (SLC) exam is considered the iron gate of our life. Being not able to pass the basic school exam is considered a total failure in Nepali context.
- Marriage aged 18. Having a responsibility of a wife at an young age is an added responsibility.
- Ran away from police training. He was about to become a police officer. But, the training proved to be too tough and he had to run away before the completion of the training.
- Kicked out of home – When he couldn’t get into job and won’t earn a living, his father decided to teach him the life lesson and asked him take his family and live on his own.
- The movie featuring Deepak Raj Giri in leading role, ‘Sundar Mero Nam’ flopped.
Watch Deepak’s films