Nepali Movie – Manai Ta Ho
Starring – Ramesh Upreti, Bipana Thapa, Nawal Khadka, Shruti Thapa, Ramchandra Adhikari, Kedar Adhikari, Pushpa Shrestha, Rajkumar Rai, Jitu Nepal etc.
Director – Kishor Subba
About ‘Manai Ta Ho’
A presentation of Baraha Films by Rajendra Shrestha, ‘Manai Ta Ho’ is an old movie but, a new release in internet. Both the lead actors of the movie left Nepal and one of them, Ramesh Upreti, had recently made comeback appearance in a movie. Bipana left film industry after marriage and is living in India with her husband and a child.
The movie features the action of Ram Janak, VFX, animation by Pema Lama and Kriti Shayam Joshi. The lyrics in the movie are written by Karuna Thapa, Buddabir lama, Shreekrishna Luitel, and Mahesh Khadka. Play back singers are Rajesh Payel Rai, Deepak Raman, Milan Chakhu, Sunita Subba, Reema Gurung, and Lasmita Rai. Music is composed by Santi Ram Rai and Deepak Raman, editing by Banish Shah, Subodh, cinematography by Ratna Dhakal and MSa Michael and background score by Creative Band. The executive producer of the movie is Manoj Rai, producers are Bishnu Subba and Krishna Prasad Acharya and the Production manager is Milan Subedi. Tara Thapa was the assistant editor of the movie.
Watch ‘Manai Ta Ho’ full movie:
Nepali movie – Tagaro
Starring – Sunil Shrestha, Sangita Budhathoki, Surbir Pandit, Bidya Karki etc.
Director – Dev Kumar Shrestha
A presentation of BM Films, the Nepali movie ‘Tagaro’ is a presentation of BK Magar. The story of the movie is written by Sunil Shrestha and Samir Lama. The cinematographer is Ghanashyam Puri, choreographer is Gobinda RAi, action by Asta Maharjan and the music composed by Kamal Krishna.
Watch ‘Tagaro’ full movie
I have compiled a list of Top 10 old Nepali movies you shouldn’t miss. Clicks on the respective posters lead to the page with full movie. All the movies are available to watch. Half of the top 10 movies in this list are directed by Tulsi Ghimire. Others are directed by Hira Singh Khatri, Sambhu Pradhan, Nir Shah and Yadav Kharel. Five movies directed by Tusli Ghimire, two by Nir Shah and one each by Hira Singh, Sambhu Pradhan and Yadav Kharel.
1. Aama (1964) Directed by Hira Singh Khatri
First ever Nepali movie made in Nepal, by the government of Nepal is a black and white movie.
Starring – Shiva Shanker, Bhuwan Thapa (Bhuwan Chand), Uttam Nepali, Indra Lal Shrestha, Bashundhara Bhusal, Hira Singh Khatri and Hari Prasad Rimal. Watch full movie Aama here.
The application for Miss Nepal 2017 is open now. The eligible Nepali girls can apply for the most prestigious beauty contest in Nepal.
The seven perquisites for the application are:
- Single, never married, naturally born, female, Nepali citizen
- Virgin – they say that, the applicant shouldn’t have given birth to a baby
- Age 19 to 24. The cutoff date is December 31, 2017.
- Education 10+2 or equivalent.
- Height should be minimum of 5 feet and 4 inches (that is 164 cms)
- Attractive, in sound health and good moral character.
- Tattoo taboo – No tattoos on body
Nepali movie – Superhit
Starring – Binita Baral, Divya Dev, Shisir Rana, Manju Shrestha, Sudam CK, Mahesh Tripathi etc.
Director – Nirajan Pandey
A presentation of Moviez Infinity Creation and Arjun Thapa, Nepali movie ‘Superhit’ wasn’t as successful as the name suggest. The movie jointly written and directed by Niranjan Pandey, Saurabh Dhakal and actress Beenita Baral (credited for story, dialogue and screenplay). The playback singer in the movie are Sabin Rai, Yuskey KC, Niranjan Pandey, and Suresh Rai, the music director is Suresh Rai. Lyrics in the movie are jointly written by Suresh Rai, Binita Baral, and Niranjan Pandey. Background score by Alish Karki, cinematography by Rupon Poudel and Niraj Kadel, editor of the movie is Niranjan Pandey, and the action by Surya Thokar.
At the time of the release of the movie actress Binita Baral was in the USA. As she had broken up with the production team, she didn’t help in its promotion.
Watch ‘Superhit’ full movie:
The second movie of actress Samragyee RL Shah is ready to release. The movie is special because of at least the following three reasons:
- The movie marks the debut of well known actress Jharana Thapa as a director.
- The movie is the second movie of one of the most talked about actress Samragyee RL Shah. Her first movie ‘Dreams’ created a huge image of her in the film industry. This movie is expected to define the career of Samragyee in the Nepali movie industry.
- The movie is the sequel of a hit movie ‘A Mero Hajur’ of Jharana Thapa. It is particularly important because the sequel of another hit movie ‘Darpan Chhaya’ – ‘Darpan Chhaya 2’ flopped recently. The sequel of another hit movie ‘Loot’ also couldn’t live up to the expectation of the viewers.
The third reason is really important in the Nepali movie industry because, there had been a flood of sequel movies. It was not only successful movie even the sequels of flop movies like ‘Bindaas’ had been made more than once. But, the sad truth is that many sequels have failed to attract the viewers to the theatre.
Many flopped, with a few exceptions:
- Parijat’s novel ‘Sirishko Phool‘ was one of the best novel in the history of Nepali literature. The award winning novel was made into a movie by a Japanese director. But, the movie version of the book flopped.
- Last year, a movie titled ‘Seto Bagh‘ was released. The movie was made on the story of a very popular novel by Diamond Shumsher JBR ‘Seto Bagh’. The movie however couldn’t re-create the charms of the literary work and flopped miserably. A TV serial of the same book was also shot at the time of the movie. I have no information on the fate of the TV serial.
- Writer Karna Shakya wrote a book titled ‘Pal‘ and then made it into a movie by the same name. The book was fairly popular but, the movie wasn’t much successful.
- A Gopal Prasad Mainali’s very popular book ‘Masan‘ was also made into a movie by the same name. The art movie also didn’t come anywhere near the popularity of the book.
- Krishna Dharabashi’s story ‘Jhola‘ was also made into a movie and released in 2014. The movie was successful in winning the top actress award in SAARC Film Festival and was also a commercial success.
Those were some of the latest Nepali movie made on well known books and stories by well known literary figures. Apart from ‘Jhola’ no other movies were successful. Now, another book – ‘Summer Love’ is being made into a movie. The questions are being raised if the film makers could justify the story of the book or not. Although the team is credible and the artists look promising, we would need to wait till the release to know if it will be as successful as the book itself.
The affair between the ‘Chapali Height 2’ debut actors Paramita RL Rana and Ashirman Desraj Joshi Shrestha had been one of the most talked about affair in the town. But, after three-years-long affair, these two love birds have chosen to walk in separate paths. According to latest news, Paramita and Ashirman have confirmed that the relationship has come to the end. Ashirman reportedly has found another unknown girl. In an interview to an online magazine, Pratima has told that they have decided to focus more on their career and stop seeing each other. The magazine claims that it has been weeks they haven’t seen each other.
When I checked their instagram profile, I also found that both Pratima and Ayushma have also removed the photos of each others.
Who is Pratima RL Rana ?
Pratima is an actress who debuted in ‘Chapali Height 2’. She is yet to sign in another movie yet. But, she is a well known model who had also won some beauty contest titles. She is also a singer who has done some cover versions of well known songs.
Rewati Chhetri is
- going to be featured as Saya – the character in popular novel ‘Summer Love’ by Subin Bhattarai.
- an Indian model of Nepali origin.
- Miss India 2015 finalist (one of the 21 contestants from all over India).
- Miss Popular and Miss Multimedia in the Femina Miss India 2015
- Miss Asia (Best in Asia Continent) at the World Miss University 2016 pageant in China and Top Super Six Finalist
- is a law student and hoping to be a lawyer in future.
- is a trained belly dancer
- Top 50 of Times Most Desirable Women 2015 with top Bollywood actresses like Anushka Sharma and Kangkana Ranaut.
Yes – that is the new actress of the Nepali movie industry – Rewati Chhetri is. She is debuting in the movie made on the popular novel ‘Summer Love’. With a passion in dancing and acting, Rewati has also acted in a couple of local language films.
A resident of Guwahati, India Rewati is an owner of a hot attractive and sensual figure and face who is interested in belly dancing.
Nepali Movie – Maidan
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Biraj Bhatt, Rekha Thapa, Mukunda Thapa, Rajesh Dhungana, Jenny Kunwar, Umesh Khadka etc
Director – Mahendra Budhathoki
Super hit movie of the past ‘Maidan’ features action star Biraj Bhatt and mahanayak Rajesh Hamal with top actress in the Nepali film industry Rekha Thapa. The script and dialogue of the movie is written by Maunata Shreshta. The movie is a presentation of Dil Kumar Pyasi for Abhi Films. The movie ‘Maidan’ is credited to help Biraj Batt and his popularity. The decade old movie is worth a watch if you haven’t done already. The music in the movie is composed by Suresth Adhikari.
Single part version
Nepali Movie – The Famous
Starring – Surabhi Jain, Sabina Karki, Soniya GR, Pramod Khadka, Suman Thapa etc.
Director – Samir Balami
About ‘The Famous’
The love story movie ‘The Famous’ is about the love not only towards one person but towards more than one person. The triangular-love story movie mostly features new faces and ‘Samaya’ actress Surabhi Jain and ‘ATM’ famed Sabina Karki (Watch ‘Samaya’ here and watch ‘ATM’ here). A double love story and family drama movie, ‘The Famous’ was released on November 18, 2016. (release news) The background of one of the songs in the movie was made entirely by computer graphics.
The director Samir Balami has also written the script of the movie. The cinematographer is Ashok Karki, editor is Suresh Chaudhary, and special effects by Madhukar Balami. The movie features the music of Santosh Pragad and Tanka Budhathoki.
Watch ‘The Famous’ full movie
The biggest release of the year 2016, ‘Chhakka Panja’ impressed everybody — except for the actress, Samragyee RL Shah. The movie team is going to make a sequel of the movie ‘Chhakka Panja Feri’. The producer and director Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula had confirmed the movie in making a few days earlier. Deepak wrote about the new movie and told that most of the actors will repeat with an addition of a couple of top actor and actress. It seems, the ‘top actress’ has refused to act in the movie. Deepak had told that in addition to Kedar Ghimire, Priyanka Karki, Barsha Raut, Buddhi Tamang, the team had reportedly approached ‘Prem Geet’ actor Pradeep Khadka and Samragyee RL Shah for the leading roles.
According to the latest report, the ‘Dreams’ debut actress, Samragyee RL Shah has refused the offer of Deepak Raj Giri. There is no information about whether Pradeep Khadka has accepted the role. Samragyee is planning to be featured in the movie titled ‘Intu Mintu’, a movie to be directed by choreographer Renasha Bantawa Rai. The shooting of ‘Intu Mintu’ and ‘Chhakka Panja Feri’ are scheduled to start in Baisakh. Samragyee’s refusal to act in the movie is told to be because of the conflict of schedule between the two.
Nepali Movie – Bir Bikram
Starring – Dayahang Rai, Anoop Bikram Shahi, Arpan Thapa and Diya Pun etc.
Director – Milan Chams
About ‘Bir Bikram’
The movie by Milan Chams, ‘Bir Bikram’ was released on Thrusday instead of the regular Friday release on August 18, 2016 (Release news). The movie was made under Chams Entertainment banner, the home production of the director Milan Chams. The movie features the music of Tara Prakash Limbu, the writer is Yam Thapa, choreographer is Renasha Rai, background scores by Shahas Shakya, action by Samrat Basnet.
Watch ‘Bir Bikram’ full movie:
Some Nepali movies have started a promotion strategy to let the viewers remember the release date in their trailer and poster. The short and witty statements about the release date have been found to be effective in helping the viewers to remember the release date and raise interest in the movie.
I have prepared a video report on the issue:
The first movie I saw such a promotion strategy was ‘Kabaddi’. Here is the list of slogan and the movies :
- Kabaddi – Rango Chadne Din (The day to ride a male-buffallo)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – Janti Jane Din (The day to go in a marriage proceeding)
- Loot 2 – Feri Lootne Din (The day of robbery again)
- Chhakka Panja – Hasne Din (The day of laughter)
- Resham Filili – Fililli Hune Din
- Utsav – Celebration Begins
- Adhakatti – Bada Dashain ma Hasne Hoina ta (Don’t you want to laught in Dashain
Two more movies that embrace this type of promotion are yet to be released:
Singer Jyoti Magar is well known for her hot performance. In Pokhara, Jungle Festival, Jyoti performed the same songs and similar style as she used to do in her pervious performances. It is surprising that the viewers find it equally exciting and interesting. Watch a video report:
Jyoti Magar, Bale and Cockroach Babbal Dhamaka in UK
Jun 2, 2016 @ 23:56
The singer Jyoti Magar, comedy actors Bale (Sagar Lamsal) and Cockroach (Hari Niraula) have arrived in the UK for musical comedy program titled ‘Babbal Dhamaka’ in the UK. The artists will perform in various shows starting June 4. The entertaining stage shows organized by Sapan Engertainment Ltd. will feature the hot songs and dance of Jyoti Magar. Bale and Cockroach will be seen in their ‘Bhadragol’ attire with new and original comedy.