In the third edition of Miss Chitwan beauty contest, held in Chitwan on March 24, 2017, Suman Gurung was selected to wear the Miss Chitwan 2017 title. After winning the crown, Gurung gets the direct entry to participate in Miss Nepal 2017 contest to be held in near future. (Application for Miss Nepal 2017 has recently been called.)
The third Miss chitwan, Gurung, was crowned by the reigning Miss Nepal 2016, Asmee Shrestha. Suman was selected from a pool of 28 contestants. After winning the title, Suman was awarded with Yamaha Fashino Scooter, cash prize and a free entry into Power House Gym.
The first runner up of the contest is Manisha Bhattarai, second runner up is Suvekshya Sharma, the third runner up is Sujita Neupane and Urusha Adhikari was selected to be the fourth runner up.
The application for Miss Nepal 2017 is open now. The eligible Nepali girls can apply for the most prestigious beauty contest in Nepal.
The seven perquisites for the application are:
- Single, never married, naturally born, female, Nepali citizen
- Virgin – they say that, the applicant shouldn’t have given birth to a baby
- Age 19 to 24. The cutoff date is December 31, 2017.
- Education 10+2 or equivalent.
- Height should be minimum of 5 feet and 4 inches (that is 164 cms)
- Attractive, in sound health and good moral character.
- Tattoo taboo – No tattoos on body
Like previous years, celebrities have shared their photos and videos in social network. I had posted a collection of photos shared early by some celebrities. This is a latest update with more photos.
Hot actress Sushma Adhikari’s holi 2017
A video on How artists celebrate holi:
Holi photo of actress Barsha Raut. Barsha is one of the most popular actress these days with threes successful movies in her credit – ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’, ‘Chhaka Panja’ and ‘Jatra’:
Nepali actress of ‘The Most Wanted’ and ‘Just For You’, Teluja Khatiwada has married Suman Raj Basnet of Birtamod, Jhapa. The marriage ceremony was organized in Kathmandu on February 18, 2017 at Kundalini Durbar banquet. Film artists, journalists and family members were invited in the cremony.
Who is Tejula Khatiwada?
The bride, Tejula Khatiwada was an actress of the Nepali film industry. She debuted in ‘The most Wanted’ but wasn’t much successful as an actress. I wrote about Tejula Khatiwada in 2009. She had told that she wanted to be a bold actress then. (read the post) Apart from movies, she had also worked in video films, and music videos. Here are some of her movies:
Watch ‘The Most Wanted’ here.
Watch ‘Jawaf’ here.
Actor Rajesh Hamal has told that he still is 25 years old although he has worked in the film industry for the last 27 years. Hamal told the statement in funny way to the crowd gathered in Battar, Nuwakot during his stage performance. Rajesh Hamal told his famous dialogues, told about his previous visits to Nuwakot and danced to the songs by lok singer Sunita Dulal.
For the first time in the history of Nepali fashion industry, some actresses and models are going to catwalk in United Arab Emeritus (UAE). That is after the organization of Nepali music award and film award there. The fashion show is being organized by Cheparo.com. In addition to the models from Nepal, local models will also participate in the fashion show.
The participants of the February 10 fashion show from Nepal include, ‘Loafer’ debut and the actress of superhit movie ‘Pardeshi’, Rajani KC. Actress Poojana Pradhan, ‘Kafal Pakyo’ actress Barsha Raut and Miss Nepal 2014, Subin Limbu. The fashion show titled ‘Fashion Fusion’ will be held in Four Points By Sheratona Hotel.The choregorapher of the fashion show is Sabitri Khatri.
The red carpet premier show of the love story movie to release this week – ‘Love Sasha’ was held at Kumari Theatre on January 10 2017. The movie is releasing on Thursday, January 12. The movie featuring actress Keki Adhikari and Karma Shakya in leading role is expected to win the hearts of the viewers. The movie directed by Prachanda Man Shrestha is told to be a soft and smooth love story movie.
After the premier show, artists and journalists gave their views on the movie. They told that the movie is interesting and people should watch it.
Celebrity Fashion Show De’ Celebrity Runway 2016 – Walking Down the Memory Lane, was jointly organized by Punam Entertainment and Gauri Malla in collaboration with World Fashion Parade. The fashion event held on 29th December 2016 at Hotel Annapurna, Kathmandu marks on of the most diverse fashion show event in Nepal featuring three generations of artists of Nepali movie industry.
One of the most notable model on the ramp was the first actress of the Nepali movie industry, Bhuwan Chand. In addition to Bhuwan Chand first generation actresses like Chaitanya Devi and Basundhara Bhusal had also walked on the ramp. While modelling, the songs from their respective movies were played in the background.
For the first time in the history of Nepali film industry, a film that won the Best Movie Award, has returned back the award to the organizer. In the NEFTA 2016 award held in Dubai, UAE, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the Best Film Award. But, when the Best Director award was handed over to another movie, the director Dipendra K Khanal refused to go to the stage to receive the award.
Which is the Best Film of 2016?
According to a report, Dipendra K Khanal took the award to the NEFTA office on December 27, 2016 and returned it. That was probably the first time any award was returned back to the organizer. Now, the confusion on which is the Best Film in the NEFTA 2016.
I have started video blogging for a while now. I have started making some videos that are exclusive to xNepali. These videos are unlisted in the YouTube. So, they can’t be found in YouTube and are hidden from the public.
Top 5 political events of 2016
On the last day of 2016, I looked back to the year 2016 and listed out the top 5 political event from all over the world.
The political events include – the presidential election of the USA, terrorist attacks in Europe, Brexit, military coup on Turkey.
It seems, the Christian festival Christmas is going mainstream in Hindu pre-dominant Nepal. After the country decided to go secular, the popularity of the foreign festivals are in increase. It is not only Christmas, other festivals like Halloween, are also getting popular these days.
A video report on the celebration of Christmas by Nepali artists:
‘Dreams’ debut actress, Samragyee RL Shah, flaunted a revealing and transparent dress at the NEFTA 2016 award ceremony. In the event Samragyee was also awarded the Best Newcomer Actress for her role in ‘Drema’. It was not only NEFTA, Samragyee was the sole winner of that award in most of the award ceremony held earlier in the year.
Watch a video report:
Watch ‘Dreams’ here.
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
Nepali movie industry became richer by two more film awards in this weekend. One was held in India and another in the USA. Like all other awards, the award ceremonies were equally controversial. It’s not only the artists uninterested in the film awards, now the media hasn’t given the importance to the award ceremonies.The INAS Film Award 2016 was held in Gantok, Sikkim on Wednesday November 9, 2016. The chief guests in the award ceremony were the Chief Minister of Sikkim, Manisha Koirala, Rajesh Hamal, and Karishma Manandahr.
Watch Award winning movies: