Is there a relationship between fainting of Priyanka Karki and the marriage of ex-husband Rochak Mainali with another girl?
I hope not !
Report 1 – Priyanka Karki’s ex-husband, a resident of New York, Rochak Mainali, is going to marry Anshuma Kharel in the USA.
Report 2 – Priyanka Karki had fainted in the sets of upcoming movie, ‘Radhey’ at Kalinchowk of Dolkha.
Both of these reports are recent reports. There is nothing to worry about Priyanka as she has recovered and finished the shooting of the song and has already returned back to Kathmandu. But, are these reports related in any ways?
Actress Namrata Shrestha was injured when the vehicle she was riding collided with a Taxi on the night of January 21, 2017. Namrata was returning from the shooting sets of her upcoming movie ‘Parva’. The assistant director of the movie, Suresh Neupane was also with Namrata and he also had minor injuries on his feet. Both Namrata and Suresh are recovering from the minor injuries.
According to reports, the vehicle of TV Filmy was going from Shankhamul to Old Baneshowr. A taxi coming from Babarmahal collied with the vehicle at the intersection of New Baneshowr. The collision was so severe that it turned ninety degrees towards Babarmahal. Although the accident was a major one, they escape any serious injuries. A video report about how the collision occurred:
The producer and director of ‘Chhaka Panja’, Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula have asked the police to investigate against themselves in a request letter submitted to the police. After returning from their Europe tour Deepak and Deepa had visited the police station to ask them to investigate the case of a suicide that was told to be caused after they threatened the victim.
A video about their visit to police (credit Onlinekhabar)
Chhaka Panja Piracy and suicide
After the piracy of the hit movie ‘Chhaka Panja’ the police had arrested 4 guys. The accused had shared the video of the movie with their friends. When the police found that they had only shared the video for entertainment and not for money, they released the guys.
The first major scandal of Nepali movie industry was that of the affair between Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC (now Kristi Mainali). That was even before Rajesh Hamal debuted in the Nepali movie industry. Full report of the scandal:
The events leading to the scandal:
- Rajesh Hamal’s maternal uncle was debuting in the Nepali film industry as a director. Deepak Rayamajhi had studied film direction in Russia and had returned back to Nepal to start his career as a director.
- Deepak Rayamajhi signed Rajesh Hamal and actress Karishma KC (now Karishma Manandhar) for the leading roles in ‘Bhagya Rekha’.
- The Shubhamuharta of ‘Bhagya Rekha’ was held in Hotel Bluestar. The chief guest was the Foreign Minister of that time, Shailendra Kumar Upadhayay. All the guests including the minister and Karishma had arrived in time but, the debut actor Rajesh Hamal arrived one hour late.
- At that time, Karishma demanded Rs. 10,000 more if she has to be featured opposite to a new actor.
- Rayamajhi signed in Kristi KC after Karishma was out of the team.
- After shooting for a few days, Deepak Raymajhi was rumoured to have suspected Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC having an affair. He kicked out both Rajesh Hamal and Kristi KC from the movie.
- Rajesh Hamal was replaced by Rabindra Khadka and Kristi KC was replaced by Mausami Malla.
- The movie was successful and established Deepak Rayamajhi as a credible film director in the Nepali movie industry.
Actress Shilpa Pokharel has debuted as a producer under Chhabiraj Production banner. The next movie of Chhabi Raj Ojha is titled ‘Mangalam’ and is presented by the actress of the movie, Shilpa Pokarel. Shilpa is also named the executive producer of the movie. The movie was inaugurated in an event held at Ganesh mandir in Kamaladi and Maitidevi Mandir.
Video report (I prepared this video a month ago)
In the inauguration ceremony, the cast and the crew of the movie were present. The movie led by Shilpa Pokharel will also featured Puspal Khadka and Prithivi Raj Prasai in leading role. The shooting of the movie will start on Magh 7 at various locations in Kathmandu.
According to the producer Pokharel, all of the shooting of the movie will be done in Kathmandu. The movie team will go out of the valley for the shooting of a song in the movie.
After being accused and arrested by the police, one of the four suspects, Krishna Subedi, was released on bail. But, he later committed suicide accusing it being a murder. In social network, Deepak Raj Giri was accused of being the cause of death. In response, Deepak Raj Giri, has asked the police to do an investigation and find the truth and has asked everybody to believe that he is innocent. A video report on what Deepak had to say:
Three new movies have broken the tradition of releasing the new movies on Friday and released on Thursday. The movies released on January 12, 2016 include Keki Adhikari’s movie ‘Love Sasha’, Nikhil Upreti’s movie ‘King’ and Saugat Malla’s movie ‘Shabda’. All three movies are widely expected movies by the Nepali movie fans.
A love story movie featuring actress Keki Adhikari, Ashif Shah and Karma Shakya is directed by Prachanda Man Shrestha. At the premier held on Tuesday, the movie had received positive feedback from the viewers. The movie is told to be a feel good and smooth love story.
One of the guy involved in the piracy of ‘Chhaka Panja’ has committed suicide at his home. According to reports, the guy named Krishna Subedi from Nawalparasi, Kawasoti was found dead at his room in Gaushala.
Subedi had reportedly transferred the movie to Australia through Google Drive. Earlier, Deepak Raj Giri had told that the police had arrested some people in connection with the piracy of the movie. He had also announced the release of the movie in YouTube.
Why did Krishna Subedi committed suicide?
There is no report on why Krishna Subedi killed himself. But, as he was arrested and was released in bail, he might have gone through an enrmous amount of stress. It seems, he was only involved in transferring a file he received from somebody else. He doesn’t seem to be directly involved in stealing the movie from the producers.
The red carpet premier show of the love story movie to release this week – ‘Love Sasha’ was held at Kumari Theatre on January 10 2017. The movie is releasing on Thursday, January 12. The movie featuring actress Keki Adhikari and Karma Shakya in leading role is expected to win the hearts of the viewers. The movie directed by Prachanda Man Shrestha is told to be a soft and smooth love story movie.
After the premier show, artists and journalists gave their views on the movie. They told that the movie is interesting and people should watch it.
A Chinese TV station, XZTV, has broadcasted a Nepali movie ‘Sindoor’ in Chinese language. This is the first time a Nepali movie has been broadcasted in the Chinese television. The movie was telecasted on January 8, 2017 at 9 PM Nepali time. The television station had purchased the broadcasting right to show it in its station.
The 1980 Nepali movie by director Prakash Thapa was dubbed into Chinese language for the Chinese TV. The movie ‘Sindoor’ was produced by the government of Nepal under Royal Nepal Film Corporation.
The actress who debuted in Alok Nembang’s last movie ‘Ajhai Pani’, Surakshya Panta has decided to return back to acting. After a few years of absence the civil engineer actress has completed the shooting of ‘Suskera’ and is preparing herself for another movie titled ‘Dhanapati’.
The movie ‘Dhanapati’ is being produced by the team that produced superhit movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’. The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichhane in leading role with feature Surakshya opposite to Khagendra and will be directed by Dipendra K Khanal. A video report on Surakshya Panta’s comeback and ‘Dhanapati’:
After the accident of the shooting team on their way to Pokhara, the shooting of ‘Prem Geet 2’ was delayed by a week last week. The vehicle carrying the producer the lead actor and the director had met with an accident while going to Pokhara. After the accident the producer and the director met with minor injuries and were rushed to hospital in Kathmandu.
Now, the shooting has resumed in Kathmandu. A club dance scene is being shot in Karma Lunge in Tripureshowr, Kathmandu. In the song, actor Pramod Khadka is having romance with actress Swastima Khadka. The shooting in the location is told to last four days and will feature the lead actors Pradeep and Ashlesha Thakuri with Swastima.
Horror / thriller Nepali movie ‘Bhram’ is the solo release Nepali movie this week in theatres in Nepal (On January 6, 2017). The movie featuring Karma, Bhintuna Joshi and Khusbu Khadka in leading role is expected to do do well in single screen theatre. Although the movie is made on a horror theme, the movie is a love story movie.
The movie is a presentation of US Films, produced jointly by Shyam Lwaguna and Suresh Gamal. The movie is written and directed by Rabindra Shahi. The cinematographer is Krishna Shrestha. In addition to Karma Shakya, Bhintuna Joshi and Khusbu Khadka other artists include Suresh Gamal and Sanjeev BK.The editor of the movie is Gautam Raj Khadka, choreographer is Govinda Prabhat. The action director is Kumar Maharjan. Two writers, Radha Shrestha (Sumana) and Shyam Shrestha have written the screenplay and dialogue. Music in the movie is composed by Rocky Dhasu.
Three new Nepali movies were released in theatre on Friday December 30, 2016 were Chakra, Samarpan and U Turn. As none of these movies feature well known artist there is no high expectations from these movies among the viewers. Two of the new releases are shot in foreign locations – one in UK and another in Bangladesh. Although it is festival season – the English New Year, there is no high hopes from these movies. In other movie news, after ‘Chhaka Panja’ celebrated 100 days in theatre, another movie ‘Jatra’ has also celebrated 50 days in theatre.
A movie directed by Ranjit Rana, ‘Chakra’ features Rohan Shreshta, Biku Thokar, Shrijana Thapa Magar, and Sunita Thapa Magar in main roles. The movie shot in beautiful locations of Sindhuli, Kabhre and Bhakunde Besi features the choreography of Ajaya Shangtang. The action in the movie is directed by Janak Gurung and cinematographer is Mukesh Humagain.
Trailer of ‘Chakra’
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)