When I wanted to see the online edition of the oldest newspaper in Nepal, Gorkhapatra, I was surprised to the following screen:
It is surprising for a few reasons:
- The media is the mouthpiece of the Government of Nepal.
- It is state-owned: meaning they have more money to spend in quality webhost than any other private owned media in Nepal.
- They have more manpower than other media houses
- The newspaper is not that popular to have that many visitors (Stats show that they have less than half the visitors in xnepali).
- Bandwidth are really cheap these days.
Now, I don’t know what this means in Gorkhapatra!