The festival of colors is just around the corner. I have revisited the holi celebrations of the past by Nepali celebrities and has compiled a short video of the past years. Some of the interesting things in the following video are :
- Jyoti Magar’s hot presentation during Holi in Jhapa.
- Holi events in Karishma Manandhar’s home.
- Karishma Manandhar applying colours on Rajesh Hamal in a Holi celebration a few years ago.
- Dance of Rekha Thapa on a song of her movie ‘Rampyari’
- Dance of Pooja Sharma and Rekha Thapa in the promotion event of Aakash Adhikari’s film.
- Dance actress Rajani KC and Ramesh Upreti in one of the hit songs of their movie, ‘Bracelet’.
- Some other stage shows and interesting dances
What is ‘Holi’?
The festival commonly known as Fagu Purnima as it is celebrated on the Purnima of Falgun month in Nepal. The festival is known for friendship and close relationship with friends and family members.
On the day of Falgun Shukla Asthami, a tree in front of the Gaddhi Baithak, Bassantapur, colorful decoration are done. A tall pole with colorful decoration is also installed there. On Fagu day, the pole is fallen amongst music and cheering. The public believe that taking a piece of colorful decoration on the pole brings good luck. Similarly, the ashes of the pole is also considered to bring luck to the people.
Days before the festival begins officially, youths throw balloons filled with water. In addition to playing with water and balloons, colours are also applied to each others. Throwing balloons filled with water to strangers is prohibited and is punishable by law.
Holi celebrations of the past years:
(Rekha Thapa with Sabin Shrestha in Holi 2013)
Rajesh Hamal in 2014 Holi
Other celebs celebrating Holi
Holi in 2015
Holi in 2016 at Karishma Manandhar’s house