Posted on August 28th, 2010 10 comments
Indian Embassy accused Nepali media of improperly posting news about the evidence of finding non-consumable materials in Real branded products. The photographs of tainted products published in various newspapers do seem genuine.
Even if Nepali press have exaggerated (which doesn’t seem true) some unanswered question are:
- Why does Indian Embassy have to issue a press release in this issue? Is it such a big issue? Does such minor events affect the intergovernmental relations between two countries?
- Is Dabur Nepal (or Dabur India) so incapable of defending itself?
Indian Embassy and Nepali Press
There were reports about the tainted products from all over Nepal. Given our media house’s capabilities and dedication, I don’t believe Nepali media can create such a large scaled fabricated story (as Indian Embassy told). And, it was not a single media house that reported the story. Apart from Nayapatrika, Weeklynepal, ABC news, Kantipur, radiomirmire, Pokharatoday, Pokharanews, Yubabahas; a lot of media had published independent news on the issue.
- Can Indian Embassy point out which of these media houses they were talking about?
The news, photographs, and quotes of general public don’t look fabricated. They are from different sources, involve different people and are from different parts of the country. For example, some of the places from where reports of inconsumable products were reported (collected from different sources):
- Kapilvasthu (Badrinath Guesthouse, Chandrauta) – A government official witnessed 20 tainted packets.
- Pokhara (Bulaud Bazaar store) – The officials of Dabur Nepal forced the owner to close the shop.
- Kathmandu (Mohan Cold Store, Anamnagar) – Sagarmatha TV featured the story.
- More reports from different parts of Pokhara
- Birgunj – people admitted to hospital after drinking Real juice
Misleading Indian Media Campaign
Various media bodies in Nepal have expressed serious concern over Friday’s statement of Indian embassy.
However, Indian media are doing their own media campaign against Nepali media. (When Embassy itself is that irresponsible, I can’t blame the Indian media!)
Some of the headlines in Indian media:
- Dabur faces smear campaign in Nepal
- Dabur faces misleading media campaign in Nepal
- Indian joint ventures face smear campaign in Nepal
In contrast, Nepali media headlines read:
- Media bodies irked by Indian embassy statement; ask it to apologize
- Media orgs caution Indian embassy to respect diplomatic norms
- सञ्चार संस्थाहरुद्वारा भारतीय दूताबाससँग क्षमायाचना गर्न माग
- सञ्चार सगठनहरुद्वारा प्रेस स्वतन्त्रताको मान्यता पालना गर्न भारतीय दूतावासलाई सचेत
Most Popular Searches
nepali movie, nepali movie download, www npvideo com, nepali keti ko nango photo, www usanepal com, nepali puti picture, theusanepal com, nepali movie krodh part 1, nepali movie sahara part 1, nepali movie himmat 2 full movie
Previous and Next posts
<<<-- Previous Post: Newari Movie – Tirimirijhayan
-->>> Next Post: News Headlines – August 29, 2010
10 Responses to Indian Embassy – Real Juice – Real motive, and Indian Media
Leave a Reply
Photos of Sanchita's pregnant belly