This year’s Miss World title goes to the US beauty Alexandria Mills, 19, in an event held in southern China. Last year’s title winner Kaiane Aldorino handed over the crown to Mills in the ceremony. Kaiane was named Miss World 2009 at a ceremony held in South Africa last December.
First runner-up of the contest was Miss Botswana, Emma Wareus and second runner-up was Miss Venezuela, Adriana Vasini. Miss China PR, Xiao Tang, and Miss Ireland, Emma Britt Waldron, made themselves to the top 5 finalists.
The Continental Queens were:
- Africa – Miss Botswana, Emma Wareus
- Americas – Miss USA, Alexandira Mills
- Asia & Pacific – Miss China, Xiao Tang
- Caribbean – Miss Puerto Rico, Yara Lasanta
- Europe – Miss Ireland – Emma Britt Waldron
Miss Nepali 2010, Sadichha Shrestha, participated in the contest but couldn’t win any titles, as usual. Only difference she made in the contest was a ‘gasp’ in the modeling round with a peacock dress.
Here is a news video courtesy newsallnews: