We received 53 entries and various visitors guessed various actress as the owner of the eyes. But the majority were correct in guessing the right actress, Arunima Lamsal.
We have decided to award 3 winners this time (it was a Facebook friend’s suggestion to give away Rs. 1500 the first time). So, 3 people will receive Rs. 500 each this time. From next contests it will only be one. But, if we have funds available there might be more than one winners too.
The winners are:
2. Prakash Tiwari
3. Luxmi Khadka
These three were among those who could identify the following eyes correctly. They will be sent email to confirm the winning.
Various other (wrong) answers received were:
Here is the original photo used to extract the eyes:
Next contest will be start on Friday, December 3.
A beauty and talent contest among the girls aged 6-12 years was held in Pokhara recently. The winner among the 9 contestants was Miss Tushar Dube.
The first runner up of the contest was Miss Ishma Gurung and second runnerup was Pringja Gurung. Ishma was also the Most Confident and Pringja also received the Best Cultural Dress title.
This should be the most rewarding contest as every contestant received at least one title. The title winners were:
- Miss Tushar Dube – Miss Little Culture
- Miss Ishma gurung – First runner up – Miss Little Culture and Most Confident
- Miss Pringja Gurung – Second
runner up – Miss Little culture and Best Cultural Dress
- Miss Liza Koirala – Viewer’s Choice – Most Cute
- Miss Liza Pun – Most Disciplined
- Miss Sushma Poudel – Most Friendly
- Miss Ashminta Pun – Best Performence
- Miss Jesika Pun – Most Cute
- Miss Sophiya Kunwar – Best Smile
I wonder if they had some more titles and they didn’t have contestant to award the title.
A website popular for releasing secret military and government documents, WikiLeaks has started releasing more than 251,000 cables from various embassies all around the world. The website says that the cables from the US Embassy in Nepal counts 2600.
According to the chart in the WikiLeaks website, cables from Kathmandu are:
- Secret – 84
- Confidential - 1399
- Unclassified – 795
That makes a total – 2278. I have no idea what other 322 cables are related to.
Kala Sanskriti Sanrakchyan Kendra is going to organize the 2011 edition of Miss Sherpa. The organization has told that it has received the permission to organize the beauty contest from the Sherpa Association of Nepal. The slogan of this year’s contest is "Promote Culture, Save Identity".
Last year’s Miss Sherpa was not that successful due to the less number of participants. This year the organizers have already started the promotion to attract a large number of Sherpa beauties to participate in the contest.
The winner of the contest will receive a sum of Rs. 50,000. The first runner up and second runner
up will receive Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 20,000 respectively. Miss Sherpa 2011 will also be appointed the ‘Sherpa Cultural Ambassador’.
The final contest will be held in the first half of January, 2011 in Pragya Pratisthan, Kathmandu.
A lady, Winnie Langley, who smoked for more than 95 years and made headlines when she lit the cigarette from the candle on her 100th birthday cake, died almost at the age of 103. That was just one month short of her 103rd birthday, on July 27, 2010, to be precise.
Winnie started smoking at the age of 8 and never stopped until she was persuaded to stop it at the age of 102. She used to say that cigarettes helped calm her nerves during the world wars. She outlived her husband, son and all of her 10 step-children.
When her her eyesight got worse and she couldn’t see the end of a match she was persuaded to stop smoking just before Christmas of 2009 (about 7 months before she died). But, the real reason might be something else. As she couldn’t afford the cost of cigarette, she had already cut her 5-cigarettes-a-day routine to one-a-day. (Photo credits – croydonguardian)
A beautiful photo of the first hydroelectricity project in Nepal, Farping.
Photo credit – Yadav Bhattarai.
In a latest news, Namrata Shrestha is told to be organizing a huge concert on December 18, 2010 to raise fund for the treatment of bed-ridden singer Kumar Kancha. Well known singer, Kancha, had recently went through spinal cord surgery and
Namrata has recently finished shooting of one of her movies “Miss U…” and another movie, “Purle Days”, is yet to commence. She has made a wise use of her free time by hosting the concert featuring the popular singers in Nepal. Currently, Namrata is searching for the sponsors of the event.
Read the rest of this entry »
In response to the news about refusing to handover the charity money to the rightful owner and his arrest in the case, Dinesh DC has denied any such wrongdoings.
Dinesh is running a reality TV show called "Pratibha ko Khoji" and he had collected money to help treat a sick child. The mother of the child accused Dinesh DC of trying to avoid handing over the money to them. A television ran an interview with the child’s mother, Laxmi Parajuli, who accused Dinesh of keeping the charity money to himself.
Samar Manandhar and Manish Shrestha have won the Second Yamaha Motorcycle race organized by Morang Auto Works. The competition was held in the National Trading compound, Singadurbar. The organizer had specially made the racing track for the competition.
There were 46 contestants each in R-15 and FZ competition. Samar was the winner of R-15 competition and Manish won FZ competition. Benjamin Gautam and Prashant Timsina were placed the second respectively. The participants had to drive 4-5 laps to complete the race.
The winners each got a cash prize of Rs. 20,000 and they will represent Nepal in the race to be held in Chennai, India. The second place winners received cash prize of Rs. 10,000 each.
UPDATE by Suraj Krishna Mali: There were a total of 96 participants in both R15 and FZ catogies. In R15 and FZ catogory Mr. Samar Manandhar and Mr. Manish Shrestha was winner accordingly. As the winners they represented Nepal in Chhenai Championship, India, to be held in January of 2011. As the second place winners Mr. Benjamin Gautam and Karan Khatiwada got Rs. 20,000 cash prize each for R15 and FZ category and Mr. Prashant Timsina and Mr. Bibek Kumar Mandal got Rs. 10000 cash prize as a Third place in each category respectively.
The audition for the beauty contest to be held among the members of Newar community was held on November 27, 2010, Saturday in Hotel Malla in Kathmandu. Out of a total of 46 women present for the audition, 35 beauties were selected for the final contest, to be held on December 30, 2010.
Most of the selected candidates come from Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Banepa, Shyanjga, and Pokhara. A Newar from New Delhi, India, Miss Pooja Shrestha is one of the finalist of the event.
Mr. Hari Darshan Shrestha, an engineer, Mr. Bhai Raja Tuladhar, DGM of Prime Bank, Mr. Manoj Shrestha, an Industrialist and Mr. K.M. Ranjitkar, the GM of Hotel Malla were judge for the au
dition of the 6th Miss Newa. Congratulation for all the participants.
The grooming session for the selected candidates, a month-long closed-camp, starts from the 15th of Mangsir 2067. The 5th edition of Miss Newa 2009 was held on December 30, 2009 and Yogita Maharjan was the Miss Newa 2009.
Miss Kajol Khadka has become the Miss Air Hostess after defeating 21 contestants in an event held at the Rastriya Naachghar in Kathmandu. Kajol has received Rs. 35,000 in cash along with the Miss Air Hostess title.
All the contestants were the students taking Air Hostess training at Flight Tech International and Flying Institute. The whole event was simulated as an actual flight in "SA 101 of Sangrila Airlines". The captain of the 1:30 hour flight from Kathmandu to New Delhi was Captain S. Shrestha.
The first runnerup of the title was Miss. Urusha Shrestha and second runnerup was Manisha Gurung. Urusha and Manis
ha received the prize money of Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively.
Kajol has acted in the leading role in her upcoming movie "Deshle ragat maage." The movie is directed by Badri Adhikari.
20 year old Miss Air hostess, Kajol Khadka, is 5.4” tall and weighs 48 Kg. She is doing her first year in Bachelor in Business Studies (BBS).
Accused of collecting money in the name of disabled people and keeping it for himself, artist Dinesh DC was arrested by the police on November 28, 2010.
Dinesh was released after he handed over the amount to the person in the presence of DSP Dipak Thapa of Mahargung police station.
Dinesh DC had been collecting money through a Kantipur television program named "Khoji Prtibhako" for the treatment of Sanjog Parajuli, a disabled person . He had collected a sum of Rs. 35,000 for the treatment but he kept the money to himself instead of handing over to Sanjog.
Eyes are as unique as the fingerprints. That is why some security devices even evaluate the eyes to identify a person.
Our ‘Eye Contest” however, has nothing to do with security. This contest is for fun to test how keen our visitors’ eyes are in identifying the eyes of Nepali public figures. We also offer prizes to those who identify the owner of the eyes.
Apart from the rules of the contest, links to all the past contests and their results will also be posted here:
Eye Contest (No. 5) (Answer posted)
Eye Contest (No. 4) (Answer posted)
Eye Contest 3 (Answer posted)
The rules of the contest are:
- Answer should only be sent through the form provided in the contest page. No other means of submission will be accepted.
- The contest result will be announced the next day of the end date of the contest. The correct answer and the people making the correct guess will be posted on the contest page.
- Only one person will be awarded a sum of Rs. 500. There might award for more than one contestants based on the availability of funds and sponsorship.
- Residents of Kathmandu valley will be given a check or bank transfer (Global Bank) the sum of Rs. 500.
- Those living out of Nepal will receive the equivalent amount in US$ in their PayPal account. Please submit the PayPal email to receive the prize.
- If there are more than one correct answers, only one of them will receive the prize money. The selection will be done by a computer program for selecting random names from a list of names.
- If the winner fails to reply to the winning announcement email within a month week, the second in the list will be awarded the prize money and so on. The ranking will be posted in the contest result page at the end of the contest. But, if second placed person also failed to collect it, we will keep it in a fund to be donated to social works.
- If all of the winners fail to collect the cash prize, the prize money within a month, it will be carried forward to the next contest. kept in the donation fund.
- If nobody succeeds in identifying the eyes, the prize money will be carried forward to the next contest. Hence, the prize money of the contest proceeding a “no winner” contest will be double (Rs. 1000) and so on.
- Anybody suspected of submitting duplicate entry will not be considered in the random selection. The blog admin’s decision is final in this case.
- The blog administrator, Anand Sharma, will be as fair as possible and will give evidences of every decisions regarding this contest, if required. In case of disputes, the blog administrator‘s decision will be the final decision.
- The “Eye Contest” will feature the eyes of public figures in the field of entertainment (movies, TV and music), politics, or social works. Hints may or may not be provided at the blog administrator’s discretion.
Prize Payment Tracking
Contest No. 9
Sanu (Rs. 500) Email sent on April 4, 2011
Contest No. 8
Samir Sharma (Rs. 500) Email sent on March 13, 2011
Contest No. 7
Phoolkumar Arayal (Rs. 500) Email sent on March 13, 2011
Contest No. 6
Nishal Thapa (
Rs. 500) Not claimed
Lekh Nath Khatri (Rs. 500) Bank Transfer on March 8th
Contest No. 5
1. Bishal Aryal (Winner of Rs. 500) Paid – US$ 6.9
2. Pranita Oli (Winner of Rs. 100) No response yet!
3. Subash Bhujel (Winner of Rs. 100) Asked to give the money to second place winner.
(As we had a little extra money had offered Rs. 100 each to second and third place winners too.)
Shambhu (Rs. 500 – PAID)
1. Chandra Khadka – Rs. 1000 ( Paid US$13.73 on Dec. 25, 2010)
2. Kanchan Shrestha – Rs. 500 ( Paid – Bank Transfer on Dec. 21, 2010)
3. Ganesh Gautam – Rs. 500 ( Paid – Bank Transfer on Dec. 21, 2010 )
They will also receive a bandanna from Sunita Giri if happen to be from Kathmandu
3. Luxmi Khadka — Paid Rs. 500 – Bank Transfer on Dec. 5, 2010
We are still waiting for others to contact us
Manisha Koirala‘s mother is equally beautiful even in her old age.
The question on the back of a very rugged truck – "Kasto Lagyo Naya Nepal ?" with phone numbers just below it. It seem like the truck owner is asking the people to call him to answer the question. The question in itself is satirical and making fun of the leaders who made the people dream of a largely different "New Nepal". (photo credit – Bishal)
What do you think of the New Nepal?
Please comment in the comment box below.
All our posts on Namrata Shrestha !