A friendly football match, Bhakundo Bhidanta, was held between the film artists and advertisement professionals held in Dasarath Stadium on Saturday May 18, 2013. The film artists lost to the advertisement professionals by 4 to 2 goals.
The artists who participated in the match include actors Rajesh Hamal, Jiwan Luitel, Jitu Nepal, Kiran KC, Hari Bamsha Acharya and actresses Jharana Thapa, Binita Baral, Garima Pant, Poojana Pradhan, Deepa Shree Niraula, Sushma Karki, Nita Dhungana etc. The football match of the artists who couldn’t control the ball was funny and full of enjoyment. Akash Khawas had scored two goals for the artists.
Ex-Miss Nepal model and actress Jharana Bajracharya has started offering mediation class in Kathmandu. The medication course titled "J’s Meditation – discover the space within" is being organized jointly by Jharana and her mother Lalana Bajracharya.
In past, Jharana had trained herself in meditation. Jharana’s interest in meditation started when she participated in Vipassana mediation in 1997. In 2011 She had spent five months in Amaravati and Chhitaviveka monasteries in England. The actress Jharana is also a painter and potter and she holds a degree in sociology.
Film producer and Karishma Manandhar‘s husband Binod Manandhar celebrated his birthday on Holi. To celebrate his birthday and Holi with film artists Karishma had organized a party in her house. Like in year 2011, many of the film artists had shown up in the party to enjoy the festival of colors.
In the party, Binod cut a cake and Karishma opened a bottle of champagne and shared them with the guests. Almost 600 guests were present in the event. Last year, Karishma didn’t organized such party because of the mourning on the death of Binod’s father.
update - More photos added at the end.
Holi at Poojana Stri’s place
The festival color, Holi is the best festival of the kids and Poojana Pradhan is the best person to count on celebrating Holi with kids. Poojana’s message, "Your happiness is my destiny." and she has wished best wishes of Holi to her lovely kids,family,friends,fans and audience. Poojana adds, "Enjoy Holi without hurting others!"
Ishani Shrestha has won the Miss Nepal 2013 title after giving the best answer to the question on joint family and dis-joint family. Miss Nepal 2013 Shristi Shrestha crowned the new Miss Nepal in the event held on March 20 in Pragya Bhawan. After winning the title, Ishani will represent Nepal in Miss World 2013 beauty contest.
This year’s Miss Nepal beauty contest is going to be held on March 17, 2013 in Hotel Annapurna in Durbar Marg. Selected finalists are being prepared for the big day. Apart from preparing themselves for the contest, they are also visiting social and business organizations to know about their works.
Alphabetical profile of Miss Nepal 2013 finalists:
- The Miss Nepal finalist Aishwarya Upadhaya hails from Kathmandu. The 19 years-old beauty is 5’7.5" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Ashmita Sitaula hails from Jhapa. The 20 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Bindu KC hails from Syanjga. The 23 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Ishani Shrestha hails from Colorado. The 21 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Maya Sawad hails from Lalitpur. The 19 years-old beauty is 5’7" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Meghana Shrestha hails from Dharan. The 22 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Oshima Banu hails from Kathmandu. The 24 years-old beauty is 5’6.5" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Pratima Giri hails from Lalitpur. The 20 years-old beauty is 5’6" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Rachana Bharati hails from Mahendranagar. The 20 years-old beauty is 5’6" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Rakshya Thapa hails from Pokhara. The 22 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Renu Pokharel hails from Biratnagar. The 20 years-old beauty is 5’8.5" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Riju Shrestha hails from Bhadrapur. The 23 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Rojisha Shahi hails from Lalitpur. The 19 years-old beauty is 5’8" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Samikshya Shrestha hails from Tokyo. The 21 years-old beauty is 5’7" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Shritima Shah hails from Kathmandu. The 21 years-old beauty is 5’8.5" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Sipora Gurunghails from Pokhara. The 19 years-old beauty is 5’9 tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Sujata Balami hails from Dhankuta. The 20 years-old beauty is 5’7" tall.
- The Miss Nepal finalist Sumi Lama hails from Kavre. The 23 years-old beauty is 5’7" tall.
Neha Bajaj was crowned the title of Miss Purwanchal 2013 in an event held in Dharan on February 25, 2013.
Actor Nikhil Upreti, the father of Sahisha Upreti didn’t show up in a ceremony held on the 5th month of her birth (pasni) in Kathmandu. A ceremony was held by the mother, actress Sanchita Luitel to celebrate the Pasni of Sahisha with noted personalities of Nepali movie industry.
A musical concert, Indo-Nepal Musical Concert, is being held in the stadium in Nepalgunj, Banke from today, Magh 27 (February 9, 2013). The three-days-long musical and sports event will wrap up on Monday, Magh 29.
Artists have arrived in Malaysia to participate in Remix Dhamaka 5 – a cultural event to start from Februry 10 in four different places in Malaysia.
On the occasion of the completion of the fourth month of her daughter, Akshyata Aryal, actress Arunima Lamsal organized a traditional ceremony, Pasni, on Wednesday, April 11, 2012. In the event many of the Nepali movie industry personalities were present.
On the evening of Saturday, December 10, 2011, various artists including various singers and comedy artists of Bollywood presented various programs. The main attraction of the program was the singer Mamata Sharma and comedy artist Raju Srivastav.
A play on the issue of sexually harassing behaviors in schools, colleges and universities, Oleanna, was featured in Moksh Live, Jhamsikhel by One World Theatre in collaboration with Actors’ Studio. The first set of shows were featured on December 2, 3 and 4th and it will again be shown on 9-11 December. Based on the original play of playwright David Mamet, it is directed by Deborah Merola.
Rekha’s own production, the movie Kasle Choryo Mero Man received the best movie award, director Suraj Subba Nalbo received the best director and Shreeman received the critic’s award.
The Nepal Film Board has unveiled the details of the celebration of Nepal Film Day on September 18, 2011 (Asoj 1, 2068 BS). In the event will start with a special music in the morning (Prabhat feri), various programs in the day and a party in the evening. All the theaters accross Nepal will do Dipawali by lighting lights and fireworks. The day is also planned to be celebrated as a weekly program by forming a committee to manage it.
The current schedule is to ask the new prime minister Baburam Bhattarai to address the program. The leading actor and actress Rajesh Hamal and Rekha Thapa are also scheduled address the program. Read the rest of this entry »