We posted a poster of Nepali movie "Premika" in which, the poster was 100% copy from a Telugu movie. The poster of another movie, Devyani, isn’t 100 percent copy but it also has picked poster of a German movie ‘Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ‘ to add in it’s poster. Such a copy in poster reduces the credibility of the movie and gives an impression that the movie itself is not original.
The US Embassy Public Service Announcement (PSA) featuring Rajesh Hamal is recently released in Nepali media. The Embassy had selected Rajesh Hamal to convey the message that, no private organization can influence the issuance of US Embassy Visa. It is only the Counselor of the embassy who decide to issue the visa and nobody can influence his/her decision. It is another story that, Rajesh Hamal’s US visa application was rejected in January of 2009.
Fake US Visa is one of the most important issue being dealt by the US Embassy in Nepal. To reduce such cases, the Embassy has decided to start awareness campaign against such fraud.
The awareness advertisement directed by Abhaya Pandey features Rajesh Hamal.
Rajesh Hamal has responded to various media reports accusing him to be irresponsible towards the health of general public. The allegation is the result of an advertisement featuring Real Juice. A consumer advocate group had also asked the government to investigate the involvement of Rajesh Hamal, Karishma Manandhar, Dipak Bista, and Min Bahadur Gurung in the advertisement of tainted product.
A consumer advocate group has asked the government to investigate the involvement of actor Rajesh Hamal, actress Karishma Manandhar, sportsperson Dipak Bista, and businessman Min Bahadur Gurung for appearing in the advertisements of the controversial drink Real Juice.
It was told that Rajesh Hamal received a whooping Rs. 1.2million to be featured in the ad. That is, 3-4 times the amount he receives for acting in a full movie. Others should have received a smaller but considerable sum to act for the ads.
In the wake of various reports of non-consumable products in one of the Dabur Nepal’s product, Real Juice, Indian Embassy was worried on its "National interest" in Nepal. Dabur threatened to take back its investment. The issue was more of a tussle between some journalists and Indian Embassy than Dabur or Real Juice.
Nepali actress of Bollywood, Manisha Koirala, participated in the shooting of a Direct-To-Home Television Channels Service (Home TV DTH) advertisement recently. The advertisement was previously set to feature actor Bhuwan KC but in the last minute KC was replaced by Koirala for the advertisement.
Did you notice Kantipur, the biggest newshouse in Nepal, didn’t publish news about the biggest beauty contest in Nepal, Miss Nepal 2010 ? Nepal Television broadcasted the full event but Kantipur acted as if it hasn’t heard of the grand event. I didn’t see the news about it in Nayapatrika too (I don’t know if I missed it). Kantipur has published a news about a little known ‘Little Miss Nepal’ event, instead.
The reason: Dabur, the sponsor of Miss Nepal, has stopped publishing ads in Kantipur.
Fair enough! But, I have a few questions:
- Shall I be kept in dark about Miss Nepal (or other news) because Dabur (or anybody else) didn’t advertise in Kantipur?
- Should a reader care if Kantipur gets advertisement from Dabur or not?
- If Kantipur writes only of those who provide them with advertisement, why do they charge the subscriber?
- Are all the news in Kantipur sponsored ?
- What is a guarantee that any of the news Kantipur publishes is independent ?
After posters of Hifajat, Tridev, and Ghamanda, poster of the latest release of Gopi Krishna Movies, Farkera Herda has also used Photoshop to add Nepali actress Yuna Upreti’s face on a Bollywood actress’s body.
Is Yuna Upreti’s body so bad that they have to use somebody else’s body on her face?
Let’s look at the poster of the movie:
Now, compare Yuna Upreti in the poster above with the photo of Bollywood actress, Katarina Kaif below. Can you see any difference apart from the face?
The commercial was shot in the beginning of her career, sometime in 1999, was directed by Ken Nahoum. The ad art director was illustrator Tommy Kane and the ad was shot in India. Bipasa has posed topless in the ad and she looks very sensual.
The YouTube video is attached below:
According to Bipasha’s spokesperson, Bipasha had done this ad in 1999 when she was modeling for Ford Modeling Agency in New York. The spokesperson said that the ad was was done as an international assignment and was meant for the international market.
Read the rest of this entry »
A movie produced and acted by Rekha Thapa, “Hifajat“, is releasing soon. One of the posters featuring Rekha resembles very much with the poster of a 2007 Hollywood movie, Resident Evil: Extention.
Nagariknews says that there are only seven differences in the two posters. I can see that, apart from the face and some minor variations in dress there is nothing much difference between the two posters. Oh yes, the “Las Vegas” has transformed itself to “Kathmandu”!
Paris Hilton wants to paint the White House pink if elected. She was declaring her desire to campaign against “that wrinkly white-haired guy” referring to the Republican candidate John McCain. That was in fact response to the controversial use of her image in a campaign television spot last week. The ad compared Democratic rival Barack Obama to Hilton and Britney Spears, suggesting Obama was no more than a celebrity candidate unready to lead the nation.
Here is her video ad by Paris Hilton posted in funnyordie.com.
“Hey America, I’m Paris Hilton and I’m a celebrity too. Only I’m not from the olden days and I’m not promising change like that other guy. I’m just hot!
“But then that wrinkly white-haired guy used me in his campaign ad, which I guess means I’m running for president. So thanks for the endorsement white-haired dude, and I want America to know I’m, like, totally ready to lead.”
McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds said Hilton appears to support his candidate’s “all of the above” energy solution (AP).
This sure is a cool ad. I wonder what the beer tastes like?
You can say it should be a sucessful ad.
A signboard is a board carrying a sign or notice, usually used for advertising of products, events, houses for sale or let, etc. They are also used for cautionary or educational purposes. A common term in the signage industry
The ancient Egyptians are known to have used trade signboards. In ancient Rome, signboards were usually made from stone or terracotta.
That was the Wikipedia definition of signboard is. Let’s see how modern day signboards look like:
[NOTE: The photos are lost and are no longer available please visit following links for the ]
Links in our Photo blog :
Sorry, these pages are removed from blog.
I posted some ads photos in this previous post. Now I am posting some text ads from newspapers and posters. In contrast to the photo post in which the ads were creative and artistic these text ads are more likely to be most non-creative and dumb.
- Don’t let worry kill you — let the church help.
- Thursday night – Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
- Wednesday the ladies liturgy will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing “Put me in my little bed” accompanied by the pastor.
- Thursday at 5:00 PM there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to be “Little Mothers” will meet with the Pastor in his study.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come foreward and lay an egg on the alter.
- The service will close with “Little Drops of Water.” One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
- Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come foreward and do so.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.