- Newari Movies
- Legends of our time
- Nepali Movies
- Nepali Bloggers
- Facebook Pages
- About Us
Actor and director Anup Baral is debuting in movie direction after directing more than 50 plays. Anup Baral’s first movie ‘Fitkiri’ is scheduled to start in by the end of February.
Anup Baral started acting in theater at the age of 14 and is known as the guru of well known actors like Saugat Malla, Dayahang Rai, and Diya Maskey. Other well known actors who took training from Anup Baral are Raj Ballav Koirala, Usha Rajak, and Sarita Giri.
An Apil Bista films production’s movie, based on political leaders Madan Bhandari and Modnath Ashrit who were killed in an ‘accident’ that happened in the place called Dasdhunga.
Nepali Movie – Dasdhunga
Starring – Anup Baral, Sanchita Luitel, Dayahang Rai, BS Rana, Bishow Basnet etc.
Director – Manoj Pandit
The result of the online voting for Merocinema Popular Award 2010 is announced today. Dasdhunga has become the most popular movie of the year.
The most successful movie has become Bato Muni Ko Phool with 6 awards in different categories. Other winners are:
- Best movie – Dasdhunga
- Best director – Suroj Singh "Nalbo" (Bato Muni Ko Phool)
- Best actor – Rajesh Hamal (from Desh / Swabhimaan / Didi Bhai)
- Best actress – Rekha thapa (from Bato Muni Ko Phool/Kasle Choryo Mero Man)
- Best musician – Mahesh Khadka (Nai Nabhannu La)
- Best singer (male) – Dipak Limbu (Nai Nabhannu La)
- Best singer (female) – Prakriti Giri (Bato Muni Ko Phool)
- Best actor (supporting) – Vinaya Shrestha (First Love)
- Best actor in comic role – Nirmal Sharma (Afno Manche Afnai Huncha)
- Best actor in negative role – Saugat Malla (Dashdhunga)
- Best script writer – Suroj Subba "Nalbo" (Bato Muni Ko Phool)
- Best action director – Rajendra Khadgi (Desh/Ranasangram)
- Best choreographer – Alok Nembang (Kohi Mero)
- Best editor – Simosh Sunuwar(First Love)
- Best cinematographer – Sanjay Lama (Bato Muniko Phool)
- Best new face (male) – Yash Kumar (Bato Muni Ko Phool)
- Best new face (Female) – Richa Sharma (First Love)
There are a lot of actresses and many models are opting acting as their ultimate career goal. But, the producer of ‘Dasdhunga’, Apil Bista, couldn’t find a single Nepali actress to act in his forthcoming movie ‘Namaste America’. Apil is currently in Mumbai in search of an actress who will look like a foreigner in his movie.
Does that mean we don’t have a pool of variety of actress to choose from? It is a fact, that we depend on a lot of things to foreigners… but, I never thought we would need an Indian actress to act in a Nepali movie. With beauty contests being held every now and then, there should actually be a lot of talented and versatile actress willing to start acting as their career.
The Nepali film censor board has objected on some scenes of a movie based on the event of an ‘accident’ killing two top UML leaders, Madan Bhandari and Jivraj Ashrit. The 1993 ‘accident’ happened in a very mysterious circumstances and the only survivor of the accident, driver Amar Lama, was also killed after 10 years by an unidentified killer.
The movie ‘Dasdhunga’, produced by Apil Bista and directed by Manoj Pandit, is based on the incident, named after the accident location, Dasdhunga. The movie is told to be based on reports of various examination committees (Anil Commission, Tuladhar Commission, and Oli Commission) and published news/articles after the incident. The actors in the movie are: Anup Baral (Government Examination Panel), Dayahang Rai (driver Amar Lama), Saugat Malla (foreign agent), Sanchita Luintel (Anup Baral’s wife) etc.
Rajesh Hamal marriage in 2071 ?