In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
Nepali film – Aandolan
Starring – Karishma Manandhar, Dinesh Sharma, Barsha Khadka, Surya Shrestha etc.
Director – Tirtha Thapa
Watch full movie ‘Andolan’ in a single part:
Nepali Movie – Pal
Starring – Raj Ballav Koirala, Nisha Adhikari, Tripti Nadkar, Ramesh Budhathoki, Biren Shakya, Anup Baral, Dinesh DC, Sanu Tamrakar, Shailaja Acharya, Mahahdev Tripathi, Laya Sangraula, Karishma Manandhar etc.
Director – Ramesh Budhathoki
Watch Nepali movie ‘Pal’ full in a single part:
Actress Karishma Manahdar has written a long statement in response to the backlash she was receiving after numerous mistakes she did during the inaguration of Dr. Baburam Bhattarai’s new party, Naya Shakti Nepal. In the Facebook post, Karishma had mocked the so-called educated people who only complain about others and don’t do anything for the country. She had challenged them that she will win election and do good for the country and they should start preparing for the criticism for that future. The following video report has the full statement (in Nepali), a rough translation follows:
A rough translation of Karishma’s statement (written originally in Nepali):
I feel like writing something. There are a lot of scholars here. Those scholars become active when somebody makes a mistake or when they identify somebody else’s mistake. Naya Shakti Nepal inauguration program was the target of everybody to find the mistakes. I did some mistakes in the program. There might be a lot of other shortcomings in me, there might be a lot of things I might not know…
Intercaste marriage is still a taboo in Nepali society. People have higher affiliation towards their own religion. Young generations are also obsessed by the caste and even the Gotra, a religious categorization of people in the society. One of the most striking public display of the truth on what the people think about their caste was seen when model and journalist Samriddhi Rai told that she didn’t want to marry the guy in her own caste. She told she didn’t want to look at a Rai guy, because she was forced by her family members to do so. She told she wanted to be a Nepali rather than a girl of Rai-clan.
Samriddhi Rai had to face a lot of protest. She was threatened to be boycotted by the Rai community. When things went nasty, she also released a video with an apology. I did a video report on Samriddhi case. At the time of this writing, the video is watched by 23 K people and there are 79 comments in it. (The video is attached below)
After the Samriddhi Rai incident, I decided to do a small research on the Nepali celebrities who had tied their knot with the partner of different caste. I was surprised to find a lot of celebrities who had chosen the partner of another caste. Preparing a report on all of them would be a long report, so I decided to focus on actresses. Here is the list of 10 actresses who had done inter-caste marriage.
Nobody can deny that Karishma Manandhar made huge blunder in the announcement ceremony of the new political party led by ex-Prime Minister Dr. Baburam Bhattarai. Although she made many mistakes, she had also done some appreciable work while emceeing the event. After going through the videos in which she has done a very bad job of being an announcer, I wanted to compile the things she had done better than others. Here is final result:
In the video, I have compiled the things she had done well. That doesn’t mean that she hadn’t done any mistakes. The reasons she had done mistakes in the event are:
- Karishma Manandhar wasn’t well prepared. She had done mistakes in pronouncing names and reading written words. If she had read the script before the event, she would have avoided most of such mistakes.
- Script issue – It seems, the script for Karishma wasn’t prepared that well. Made some good unscripted statements but, if it were written down, she might have delivered in better manner.
- Language problem – Karishma had used English language and Nepali languages in the stages. Although she told that she used English to address foreigners, she had used English to expressed her feelings – that too in wrongful way. It would have been better if she had adhered in one language.
- Personality confusion – There were a lot of speakers who were not favourable to the party she was affiliated to. For example, Nepali Congress and it’s leaders, CPN UML and its leaders and other leaders were clearly the competitor to Naya Shakti. It sounded uneasy when she tried to show her linkage to the Nepali Congress chief Sher Bahadur Deuba or CPN UML chief KP Oli.
- Reading letter from Bhutan – I think that was the biggest mistake Karishma made in the event. She shouldn’t have read the letter as she had difficulty pronouncing words and names in it.
There are different types of mothers in Nepali film industry. Some mothers are celebrity mothers others are housewife mothers. I found a nice compilation of different types of mothers in which some mothers are like Sunita Paneru, the mother of actress Archana Paneru. Sunita did something no other Nepali mothers have done or might do to her daughter. It is strange, how a mother can encourage her daughter to smokes and drink. That is the reason she is in the top of the list.
Watch the video:
Other mothers are celebrity mother themselves like actress Karishma Manandhar, Jharana Thapa, and Suvekshya Thapa. All these mothers have grown up daughters who are old enough to be featured as actresses. Despite of their old age, they still are featured as young girls in the movies.
On the Nepali Mother’s Day, I have collected the mothers of some of the Nepali actresses in the past.
But, today I am collecting the actresses who are themselves mothers. (Update of more photos and video coming soon.)
- Karishma Manandhar – Mother of an adult daughter Kabita Manandhar.
- Jharana Thapa – A mother of an adult daughter Suhani Thapa
- Suvekshya Thapa – A mother of teenaged daughter
- Sanchita Luitel – A mother of two children
- Richa Ghimire – A mother of two sons and an expectant mother (expecting a daughter soon)
- Jharana Bajracharya – A mother of a son born in April
- Malvika Subba – A mother of a son born in April
- Bipana Basnet (Fake Hisila Yami) – mother of the actress Rista Basnet
- Mausami Malla – A mother of two grown up sons – One of the son’s Vicky Malla was the actor in ‘Samaya’
- Bina Budhathoki is also a mother of a grown up daughter.
- Arunima Lamsal is a mother of a daughter. Arunima herself is a daughter of another actress Bhabu Lamsal.
- Pooja Chand is a mother of a grown up daughter – Divya Chand
- Bina Budhathoki is also a mother of a grown up daughter
- Melina Manandhar is also the mother of a daughter
- Kunjana Ghimire is also the mother of a daughter
- Usha Khadgi also has a daughter
- Anju Pant, a well known singer is also the mother to a daughter.
A photo of actress Karishma Manandhar with her to be actress daughter Kabita Manandhar. Kabita lives in the USA for her studies.
Nepali Movie – Jindagani (जिन्दगानी)
Starring Rajesh Hamal, Karishma Manandhar, Pooja Chand, Dilip Rayamajhi, Santosh Pant, Rama Thapaliya, Ramchandra Adhikari, Uttam KC etc.
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Watch the full movie in a single part:
Nepali film – Papi Manche
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Dilip Rayamajhi, Sanchita Luitel, Nikhil Upreti, Karishma Manandhar, Kiran KC, Sunil Thapa, Dinesh Sharma etc.
Director – Deepak Shrestha
Watch full movie in a single part:
Video credit – RC Pictures.
‘Papi Manche’ details
The movie ‘Papi Manche’ is produced by Raj Kumar Rai for RC Pictures and is made on the story and script of Ugesh Rayamajhi. After the huge success of this film, a sequel ‘Papi Manche 2’ was also produced (watch ‘Papi Manche 2’ here) with Nikhil and Poojana Pradhan. Rajesh Hamal is featured in special appearance. Narayan Puri and NB Maharjan are guest artists. A Nepal Police dog named Hero and a monkey named Shyamu from Mumbai are also the leading characters in the film.
Nepali Movie – Chandal
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Karishma Manandhar, Kiran DC, Sunil Dutt Pandey, Chiranjibi Basnet, Daman Rupakheti, Surbir Pandit etc.
Director – Arun Kumar Jha
Nepali movie ‘Chandal’ is the first film of CB Films. Sunil Dutt Pandey is the new face in the movie. Anita Silwal and Rojan Jangam are the child artists. The movie features art of Gopal Bhutani, action of NB Maharjan, editing of Pappu Sharma, choreography of Kamal Rai, cinematography of Murari Thakur, music of Sambhujit Baskota, and script of the director Arun Kumar Jha. Mahendra Budhathoki is the chief assistant director and Chiranjivi Basnet is the producer of the movie.
Like previous years, the celebrities of Nepali film industry celebrated Holi festival in jolly mood. The festival of color was celebrated at various locations. Like every year, actress Karishma Manandhar had invited everybody to celebrate Holi at her residence. Last year, Karishma was busy in the shooting of ‘Fagu’ and couldn’t organize the festival at home.
Holi highlights at Karishma Manandhar residence:
This post will be updated later with the photos of more celebrities later.
Rekha Thapa and Rajani KC – both Chhabi Raj Ojha‘s introduction posed for photo during Holi 2016.
Actress Basundhara Bhusal with Rekha Thapa at Karishma Manandhar residence:
The Bollywood film industry is considered one of the largest film industry in the world. The movie industry has gone worldwide because of the popularity of the movies. The opportunity to be a part of the film industry is very difficult. In such an environment, few Nepali artists have established themselves as credible artists. The following video discusses the Nepali artists in Bollywood:
Watch the video:
In addition to the artists mentioned above, other Nepali artists who worked in Bollywood include Jharana Bajracharya (in Love in Nepal) and Karishma Manandhar (in Danga Fasad).
UPDATE: Karishma Manandhar has made the clarification that she hadn’t chosen the actresses but Kantipur had asked her to share her thoughts on the five actresses.
The actress, Karishma Manandhar, has chosen the top five actresses in Nepali film industry. In a report published in Kantipur by Gokarna Gautam, the top five actresses according to Karishma are:
- Priyanka Karki
- Namrata Shrestha
- Richa Sharma
- Keki Adhikari
- Shilpa Pokharel
It is to be noted that Shilpa Pokahrel is featured the lead actress in Karishma’s last week release ‘Fagu’. Although, all the movies of Shilpa released so far are hit (both ‘Lazza’ and ‘Hawaldar Suntali’ were hit and ‘Fagu’ is doing well in theater) Karishma has placed her in the fifth place.
On Friday, February 19, 2016, three new Nepali movies are releasing in theater. Karishma Manandhar‘s production movie ‘Fagu’, Anil Thapa’s movie ‘Ko Afno’ and BS Balami’s movie ‘Soldier’ are competing to attract viewers in theater.
Details of each of the movie are given below:
The comeback movie of the producer Karishma Manandhar after the failure of ‘Babu Shaheb’ is expected to win the hearts of the viewers. The female oriented movie is made on the story of a woman in Terai. Actress Shilpa Pokharel is in the leading role in the movie with other artists Rajesh Hamal, Gauri Malla, Pramod Agrahari, Subash Parajuli and Tika Pahari. The movie is directed by Samjhana Upreti Rauniyar. The movie features the music of Basanta Sapkota, action of Himal KC, editing of Bipin Malla, choreography of Kamal Rai and cinematography of Ram Sharan upreiti. The movie is mostly shot in Birgunj and the surrounding area.