Posted on September 2nd, 2012 1 comment
One of the successful directors of the Nepali film industry, Tulsi Ghimire apart from being a good film director he is equally successful screenwriter, editor, cameraman, actor and lyricist.
Tulsi Ghimire was born in Sindeybong, Kalimpong, Darjeeling in India in 1951 (BS 2008 Ashad 31). Tulsi is the eldest son of Dhojman Ghimire and Narbada Ghimire and has two younger brothers and a sister. Tulsi Ghimire completed Bachelor of Arts from Kalingpong College. He entered film line after working in a job for some time.
He is married to Bharati Ghimire (Gazmer), a well known singer in many of his films. His brother Shrawan Ghimire is also a successful film producer. Tulsi’s children Bhawana Ghimire and Panchami Ghimire, have also acted in a Nepali movie for children “Swarg Ko Pari”.
Tusli Ghimire initially moved to Mumbai from Kalimpong in 1974 to work in the Indian film industry, Bollywood. Tulsi’s mentor and Bollywood editor Kamlakar Karkhanis had advised him to make Nepali movies at that time. Tusli debuted in Nepali movie industry by starting the Nepali movie “Bansuri” in 1981 as the director. Tulsi Ghimire made the second movie, Kusume Rumal, on his own story story and it was very successful.
Among his movies, Kusume Rumal, Lahure, Deuta, Chino, Balidaan, Dakshina and Darpan Chhaya are considered biggest hits. Darpan Chaya is considered to be one of the top grossing and the the biggest blockbusters of Nepali cinema.
Tulsi Ghimire is currently busy in an animated movie, the first in Nepali movie industry. The movie made on the story of Buddha is expected to be release in 2013 and will be dubbed in seven different languages. The moive was reported to cost over 80 million.
In a previous post, Tulsi Ghimire explains his initial struggle in his filmy career in his own words:
Move (Release Date) – starring (Roles of Tulsi Ghimire -Awards if any)
- Bansuri (1981) Rajesh Panedy, Rajani Sharma (Director)
- Kusume Rumal (1985) Bhuwan KC, Tripti Nadkar, Udit Narayan Jha, Nir Shah (Director, Editor, Story writer)
- Anyaya (1988) Meera Madhuri, Biswa Basnet, Prakash Adhikari (Director)
- Lahure (1989) Shrawan Ghimire, Tripti Nadkar (Director, Actor, Editor, Story)
- Chino (1991) Shiva Shrestha, Kristi Mainali, Bhuwan KC, Sharmila Malla, Sunil Thapa (Director)
- Dui Thopa Aansoo (1992) Bhuwan KC, Shrawan Ghimire, Anuradha Sawant (Director)
- Koseli (1993) Tripti Nadkar, Krishna Malla, Bharati Ghimire, Shrawan Ghimire, Bijaya Lama (Director
- Dakshina (1994) Tulsi Ghimire, Bhuwan KC, Niruta Singh (Director, Actor)
- Deuta (1996) Rajesh Hamal, Srijana Basnet, Shrawan Ghimire (Director, Editor, Story writer, Screenwriter, Lyricist)
- Balidaan (1996) Hari Bansha Acharya, Madan Krishna Shrestha, Anjana Shrestha, Nir Shah (Director, Cameraman, Editor)
- Rahar (1996) Niruta Singh, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Artist)
- Darpan Chaya (2001) Dilip Rayamajhi, Niruta Singh, Uttam Pradhan, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Editor, Story writer, Actor)
- Lahana (2002) Dilip Rayamajhi, Niruta Singh, Uttam Pradhan (Director, Editor, Story writer)
- Dui Kinara (2007) Niruta Singh, Bhupen Chand (Director)
- Maya Ta Maya Ho (2009) Nikhil Upreti, Sanchita Luitel, Suraj RD, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Actor)
- Desh (2010) Rajesh Hamal, Nikhil Upreti, Niruta Singh (Director, Lyricist)
- Swarg Ko Pari (2010) Director
- Mrigatrishna (2011) Karma Shakya, Biraj Bhatt, Nandita KC (Director, Editor, Lyricist)
- Gautama Buddha (2013 – expected) animated movie (Director)
Most Popular Searches
nepali movie, nepali movie download, www npvideo com, nepali keti ko nango photo, www usanepal com, nepali puti picture, theusanepal com, nepali movie krodh part 1, nepali movie sahara part 1, nepali movie himmat 2 full movie
Previous and Next posts
<<<-- Previous Post: Binita Baral attacked by the 'Full Stop' viewers
-->>> Next Post: Will Arunima Lamsal return back from US?
One Response to Tulsi Ghimire – Nepali director
Leave a Reply
All our posts on Namrata Shrestha !