The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
The Film Artists Association of Nepal (FAAN) organized the first ever film awards in Kathmandu on July 2, 2016. In the award ceremony ‘Pashupati Prasad’ was awarded the best movie of the year. The awards were awarded in 24 different categories. The prime minister, KP Oli, was the chief guest of the event.
The actor and the actress of ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha were awarded the best actor and actress of the year in the ceremony. The director and writer of the best movie ‘Pashupati Prasad’, Dipendra K Khanal and Bipin Karki were awarded the best director and the best writer respectively.
Full list of the winners of the award are:
Actress Namrata Shrestha was seen with a guy named Dawa Sherpa in the premier show of ‘Adhakatti’. The premier show held on Monday at Kumari theater in Kathamndu on October 19 featured traditional panche baja and a score of artists and well known personality.
‘Adhakatti’ features Namrata Shrestha in cameo role and she has done an item dance on the song made on her own name. Although Namrata didn’t publicly told that Dawa Sherpa was her boyfriend, there were rumor that the guy is Namrata’s new boyfriend.
Namrata’s Past Boyfriends
Initially Namrata was rumored to be seeing actor Raymon Das Shrestha. Their affair remained a mystery as neither of them confirmed it.
This week, four new movies are releasing on October 19, 2015 – on Tuesday instead of the usual Friday releases. That is because of the biggest festival in Nepal, Dashain. To benefit from the holiday season, these four movies are targeting the people who are free from work and studies. Although the film producers association had tried to stop the unconventional release on Tuesday, its effort wasn’t successful.
The movie by director Shivam Adhikari, ‘Sushree’ introduces model Ashika Tamang as an actress. Ashika is also the producer of the movie. With Ashika, the movie features Aryan Sigdel and Surabina Karki in leading roles. It has been a while since Aryan Sigdel’s movie has been released in theater. The movie is made on comedy theme.
The shooting and post-production of ‘Sushri’ was done in 2015, shooting starting in March this year.
This year, Dashain has become crowded by the new releases. In a latest report Aryan Sigdel and Ashika Tamang starred ‘Sushri’ is going to be released in Dashain. Four other movies previously announced their release in Dashain include ‘Thamel Dot Com’, ‘Adhakatti’, ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ and ‘Pardeshi’.
Model Ashika Tamang, debuting in female-centric movie ‘Sushri’, is known for her looks similar to the Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie. Ashika is featured in action role in the movie. With Aryan and Ashika the movie also features Surbina Karki, Rajaram Poudel, Bikash Chapagain and Mishri Thapa in main roles.
Details of the other movies competing with ‘Sushri’ are as follows:
UPDATE (November 17) – ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ release date November 20 and ‘Adha Page’ date December 25 added.
Nepali year 2072 BS started on Tuesday, Baisaksh 1 (April 14, 2015). No new Nepali movies were released on the first Friday of the new year, on April 17. On the second week, April 24 new movie ‘Resham Filili’ was released and previously released film ‘Jhola’ was also re-released. On the very next day, devastating earthquake hit Nepal and and halted all the film activities for the next few months.
The earthquake was the reason behind no new film release for three months from April to July.
Full movie release calendar of 2072:
- April 24 (Baisakh 11) – Resham Filili and Jhola (re-release) – Read release news
- April 25 – (7.8 M Earthquake halted all film activities till July)
- July 3 (Ashad 17) – One Side Love (‘One Side Love’ release news)
- July 10 (Ashad 25) – Jungbhumi (‘Jungbhumi’ release news)
- July 17 –
- July 24 –
- July 31 (Shrawan 15) – Paap (‘Paap’ release news)
- August 7 (Shrawan 22) – Sapana Timro Mero (‘Sapana Timro Mero’ release news)
- August 14 – (no new releases)
- August 21 (Bhadra 4) – Hostel Returns (movie release news)
- August 28 (Bhadra 11) – Resham Filili and Bhairav (2 movies) (release news) (release news)
- September 4 –
- September 11 (Bhadra 25) – Luv Sab, Dhoon,
Jaun Hida Pokhara (2 movies)
- September 18 (Ashoj 1) – Woda Number 6 (release news)
- September 25 (Ashoj 8) – Kaamchor, Chankhe Shankhe Pnakhe, Highway to Dhumpus, Bhale Fight (4 movies release news)
- October 2 – Woda Number Chha (out of Kathmandu – report)
- October 9 (Ashoj 22) – Natiza (‘Natiza’ release news report)
- October 16 –
- October 20 (Kartik 3) –
Adhakatti (in theaters out of Kathmandu), Sushri
- October 23 (Kartik 6) – Adhakatti,
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe, Paradeshi and Thamel dot com (5 movies including Sushri – release news) – 4 movies releasing on Fulpati.
- October 30 –
- November 6 (Kartik 20) – Bindaas 3, Naagarik (2 movies) (Bindaas 3 release news)
- November 13 (Kartik 27) – Lootera
- November 20 (Mangsir 4) – Kabaddi Kabaddi, Jaun Hinda Pokhara
- November 27 –
- December 4 – (Mangsir 18) – Chocolate
- December 11 – (Mangsir 25) – Lati, Agni,
- December 18 –
- December 25 (Poush 10) – Dhauli, Adha Page, Tista Pariko Saino (release news)
- January 1 – (Poush 17) – Bich Bato, Sneha, Dhauli (in Kathmandu) (release news)
- January 8 – Bagmati
- January 15 (Magh 1) – Fanko, Kafal Pakyo (2 films) – release news
- January 22 – Chhal – release news
- January 29 (Magh 15)- Pashupati Prasad, Refuge (release news)
- February 5 (Magh 22) – Kaifiyat, Superhit, Bindaas 3 (release news)
- February 12 (Magh 29) – Classic, Prem Geet, Chalechha Batas Sustari (3 movies – release news)
- February 19 (Falgun 7) – Fagu, Ko Afno, Soldier (‘Ko Afno’ release news) | Release news
- February 26 –
Khurpa (Khurpa release news)
- March 4 (Falgun 21) – Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai, Dreams (‘Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai’ release news |‘Dreams’ release news)
- March 11 –
- March 18 –
Bhaag Saani Bhaag and Lakshya (release news)
- March 25 –
- April 1 – Makhamali
- April 8 (Chaitra 26) – Nai Nabhannu La 4, Rampyari (news about 6 movies releasing on same day.)
The release date of the movie directed by Subrat Acharya, ‘Adhakatti’ has been announced by the producer Pradeep K Uday. The movie will release on October 23 (Kartik 6) in Kathmandu and on October 20 (Kartik 3) in theaters out of Kathmandu. Various charity shows of the movie were held in Nepal and out of country recently. The item song of the movie ‘Timro Figure Coke Cola” had been quite popular among the public.
‘Adhakatti’ is a comedy movie featuring Ashishma Nakarmi, Rista Basnet, Gaurav Pahadi, Gajit Bista, Wilson Bikram Rai and Pradeep Bastola in main roles. Actress Namrata Shrestha is also featured in a special role in the movie. ‘Adhakatti’ was previously scheduled to release on May 22, on the birthday of Pradeep K Uday.
Actress Ashishma Nakarmi has headed towards Europe for the charity shows of her upcoming movie ‘Adhakatti’. With Ashisma singers Astha Raut and Pramod Kharel are also flying together to Belgium.
Photo 1 – Ashtha Raut with Ashishma Nakarmi at the airport in Doha, on their way to Belgium.
Before going to the international charity shows, one charity show of the movie was held on June 16 in Kumari theater in Kathmandu.
The audio of upcoming movie ‘Adhakatti’ was released in a program held in Kathmandu on April 20, 2015 in Kathmandu. The music album, of the movie to release on May 22, was unveiled by a group of nine actresses of Nepali film industry. The actresses in the ceremony include Karishma Manandhar, Jharana Thapa, Deepa Shree Niraula, Namrata Shrestha, Priyanka Karki, Neeta Dhungana, Richa Sharma, Shilpa Pokharel, and Harshika Shrestha.
In addition to the release of the album, musical program was held in the event. Gaurav Pahadi, Rista Basnet, Pradeep Bastola, Ashishma Nakarmi and Wilson Bikram Rai danced in the movie song on the stage. Actress Namrata Shrestha also danced in the event. Namrata is featured in an item dance in the movie.
The release date of movie ‘Adhakatti’, is scheduled for May 22, 2015, the birthday of the producer Pradeep K Uday. The movie was announced on Uday’s birthday in 2013 and it is releasing on the his birthday after two years.
‘Adhakatti’ is the debut direction of Kantipur journalist Subrat Acharya featuring Ashishma Nakarmi, Wilson Bikram Rai, Rista Basnet, Gaurav Pahadi, and Pradeep Bastola. The movie will also feature actress Namrata Shrestha and Gajit Bista in an item dance titled ‘Namrata..’ The shooting of the movie was delayed a while and went to floor after a year of its announcement. It is releasing a year after the start of the shooting.
The shooting of the movie by Subrat Acharya, ‘Adhakatti’ was halted when actress Namrata Shrestha became sick and had to undergo surgery. The ‘Adhakatti’ team is expecting to complete shooting soon as Namrata has returned back to Kathmandu after resting in Pokhara for some time.
‘Adhakatti’ features an item dance of the actress. The director Acharya says that the shooting of everything except the item dance titled ‘Hey Namrata…’ has finished.
Actress Namrata Shrestha went through a surgery on Monday. Right after the completion of her movie ‘Tandav’, she was bed-ridden because of typhoid. While sick, her stone problem also intensified, forcing the doctors to perform surgery to remove it.
Namrata was diagnosed of stone few years earlier but, as it wasn’t creating problem she was asked to wait and drink a lot of liquid. After the surgery, the doctors have asked Namrata to take some rest. She has halted the shooting until she feels better. To take rest Namrata and her family are planning to go to Pokhara.
The debut movie of journalist Subrat Acharya as a director, ‘Adhakatti’ has finally The movie to be produced by Pradeep Kumar Uday is a comedy movie featuring Wilson Bikram Rai, Gaurav Pahadi, Ashishma Nakarmi, Rista Basnet, Gambhir Bista and Pradeep Bastola in main role. The movie will also feature Namrata Shrestha and Gajit Bista in guest roles.
In the debut movie of journalist Subrat Acharya as a director – ‘Adhakatti’, an item dance is made on the name of actress Namrata Shrestha. Subrat approached Namrata to dance on the song, ‘Kya Kamal, Babal Chau Namrata …’ and she agreed.
This will be the first time Namarata will dance in any item dance. In the movie, Namrata will appear in a character of a film actress. The lyrics written by Ranjit Acharya has music of Rajan Ishan. The voices are given by Yuvraj Chaulagai, Nisha Desar and Rajan Ishan.