Nepali movie – Janmabhumi
Starring – Nishma Ghimire, Binod Shrestha, Anu Shah, Mohan Niraula, Saugat Bista etc.
Director – Mohan Niraula
About ‘Janmabhumi’ (2016)
The original ‘Janmabhumi’ was the third movie by Chhabi Raj Ojha (watch all the movies of Chhabi Raj Ojha) featuring his second wife Geetanjali. The director Mohan Niraula decided to make another movie by the same name after 20 years of directing the original movie. The social drama movie has patriotic theme. Originally the movie was scheduled to release in 2015 but, because of the earthquake of the year, the release was delayed.
In addition to Nishma Ghimire, Binod Shrestha, Anu Shah and Mohan Niraula the movie also features the world Record holder 8-years-old director Saugat Bista. A full account of the journey from the original ‘Janmabhumi’ to the new ‘Janmabhumi’ is available here.
Watch ‘Janambhumi’ full movie here:
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
5 milestones of Chhabi Raj Ojha as a Nepali movie producer was first published on Feb 9, 2014. I have re-written the post and updated with one more milestone added at the end. So, it has now become “6 milestones of Chhabi Raj Ojha”.
In 2040 BS Chhabi Raj Ojha started the distribution of Hindi movie. Originally from Dharan, Chhabi moved to Kathmandu to start film distribution. The first Nepali movie he distributed was ‘Bhagya Rekha’ – a movie produced by Chiranjivi Basnet and directed by Deepak Rayamajhi. At that time, he had also gone to Madras for the post production of the movie. Although the movie wasn’t successful commercially, it taught Chhabi the film business. The failure of ‘Bhagyarekha’ prompted Chhabi to find out the reason the movie wasn’t successful. After analysis of the cause and the solution, Chhabi proposed a new concept to the director Deepak Rayamajhi and he also promised to finance the movie.
Updated video on Chhabi’s milestones:
Producer Chhabi Raj Ojha’s film production milestones:
Milestone 1 -Yug Dekhi Yug Samma
The movie ‘Yug Dekha Yug Samma’ marks the debut of Chhabi as a producer. The movie was also the debut movie of Rajesh Hamal and action director Rajendra Khadgi. All three new faces in the film industry – Chhabi Raj Ojha, Rajesh Hamal and Rajendra Khadgi made it big in the Nepali movie industry.
Three new movies have released in theater on Friday – April 1, 2016. None of these movies – ‘Janmabhumi’ of Mohan Niraula, last movie of Shree Krishna Shrestha ‘Indrawati’ and ‘Lucky 7’ were promoted much in media.
A social drama movie with patriotic theme is made on the same named movie ‘Janmabhumi’ by the same director 20 years ago. The movie scheduled to release last year was delayed because of earthquake of 2015. The movie features Nishma Ghimire, Binod Shrestha, Anu Shah, Mohan Niraula etc. in main roles.
More details of the two movies is available in this post. (Watch the original ‘Janmabhumi’ here) The original ‘Janmabhumi’ was one of the hit movies of producer Chhabi Raj Ojha, featuring his late-wife Geetanjali.
Because of the devastating earthquake of April 25 a number of movies scheduled to release in coming days have been postponed.
The movies postponed are:
- Resham Filili – The movie released on April 24 had to halt the show on the next day. The next release date is not decided yet.
- Hostel Returns – The ‘Hostel Returns’ producer Sunil Rawal is going to organize a press meet this Friday to announce the new release date.
- Highway To Dhampus – A Hollywood film of Raj Ballav Koirala, scheduled to release on Jestha 29 has announced to donate "the budgeted amounts intended for its promotion to the relief efforts."
- The Jestha 1 release movie ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’ has also been postponed.
- The release of this Friday’s release ‘Cycle’, ‘Dhoon’ and ‘Janmabhoomi’ are also uncertain.
Director Mohan Niraula debuted as a director in his movie ‘Janmabhumi’ some 20 years ago (click here to watch the original ‘Janmabhumi’) and now, he is releasing the movie by the same name on April 24, 2015 (Baisakh 11, 2072). The censor board has given the movie an ‘U’ certificate, suitable for all the audiences.
Like the original movie, the story of the new movie also helps in creating the sense of nationality to the youths. The director Nirula says that he has used all of his knowledge and experience in the movie to make it a great product. In addition to directing the film, he has also written the script of the movie.
Nepali Film – Janmabhumi
Starring – Shiva Shrestha, Mausami Malla, Saroj Khanal, Geetanjali, Bipana Thapa, Basundhara Bhusal, Mohan Niraula, Pawan Mainali, Ravi Dangol etc.
Director – Mohan Niraula
Nepali movie ‘Janmabhumi’ is the third movie by the producer Chhabi Raj Ojha, before he met his future wife Rekha Thapa for his next movie ‘Hero’. The movie also features Chhabi’s wife of that time Geetanjali. The movie features the choreography of Kamal Rai, action of Rajendra Khadgi, music of Sambhujit Baskota and is made on the story of Chhabi Raj Ojha. The movie is the second move by Track Moviemakers banner and the presentation of Rajkumar Pokharel. Chhabi’s son Sakar Ojha is also featured as a child artist in the movie.
In 2040 BS Chhabi Raj Ojha started the distribution of Hindi movie. He moved to Kathmandu for the distribution. The first Nepali movie he distributed was ‘Bhagya Rekha’ – a movie produced by Chiranjivi Basnet and directed by Deepak Rayamajhi. The movie wasn’t successful commercially. He had also gone to Madras for the post production of the movie. After the failure of ‘Bhagyarekha’, Chhabi proposed a concept to Deepak Rayamajhi and promised to finance it.
Full list of movies produced by Chhabi Raj Ojha (click on the name with links to watch the movie):
- Yug Dekhi Yug Samma
- Kasto Saino
- Yestai Rahechha Jindagi
- Ajambari Nata
- Kasle Choryo Mero Man