A model, Aditi Budhathoki, is selected to be featured opposite to Anmol KC in his upcoming movie ‘Kri’. With the selection of a new actress in the movie, Anmol KC has worked with a new entry actress in every movies he has been featured so far. Anmol is a rare actor in the Nepali movie industry, all of whose movies have been successful, so far.
Here is the list of movie Anmol KC has done and is doing so far:
- ‘Hostel’ with Prakriti Shrestha (Watch ‘Hostel’ here)
- ‘Jerryy’ with Aana Sharma (Watch ‘Jerryy’ here)
- ‘Dreams’ with Samragyee RL Shah
- ‘Gajalu’ with Shristi Shrestha
- ‘Kri’ with Aditi Budhathoki
Video report :
The lead actor of Bhuwan KC‘s debut movie ‘Dreams’, Anmol KC is the new sensation in the Nepali film industry. ‘Dreams’ proved to be the third super-hit movies of Anmol KC. He as become the rare actors whose movies have succeeded. Despite of his popularity, Anmol is considered weak in acting. In all of his movies, the actresses have done better acting, but no actress have been as popular as Anmol.
The questions arise – “What is in Anmol KC, that is not in Prakriti Shrestha and Anna Sharma?” and “Will the fate of ‘Dreams’ actress Samragyee RL Shah be similar to those of Prakriti and Anna?”
First let’s watch the analysis video:
- In “Hostel” the actress Prakriti Shrestha had performed better than Anmol KC
- In ‘Jerryy’, the acting skills of actress Anna Sharma was better than Anmol KC
- In ‘Dreams’ the viewers have told that, Samragyee’s performance is better than Anmol
Watch ‘Hostel’ and watch ‘Jerryy’ to check for yourselves.
As we bid farewell to 2015 and welcome 2016, I am going to look back into last year and evaluate the most popular movies in the year. There were less number of viewers when compared to previous years. We lost a lot of visitors after the earthquake on April 25.The following ranking is obtained from 60 lakh pageviews xnepali received in 2015.
The top 10 movies by viewers count in xnepali website (in reverse order) are:
The movie by Ram Babu Gurung featuring Dayahang Rai, Nischal Basnet was the superhit movie of 2014. I am surprised it falls in 10th place. I had expected it to be somewhere higher. (Watch ‘Kabaddi’ here)
‘Tandav’ nearly knocked ‘Kabaddi’ out of this list. (Watch ‘Tandav’ here)
The movie featuring Anmol KC with his girlfriend Anna Sharma was liked by the youths. The movie became very successful and had established Anmol KC as a horse of a long race. (Watch ‘Jerry’ here)
A friend in Twitter, Rakesh, has categorized the Nepali movies in four different types. Although the categorization is done very loosely and the boundary of this categorization is extremely blurry, such a categorization can give a rough guide on what a particular movie is like. I think, there is room for improvement in this categorization so that one can easily decide on whether to watch the movie or not. There is a possibility that some movies might fall in more than one category. Let’s review each category in detail with examples.
- Masala Nepali movies
- New Age Nepali movies
- Nepali movies for youth
- B and C Grade Nepali movies
- Historical and Art Nepali movies
Masala Nepali movies
Masala Nepali movies contain all the different entertaining aspects of movies. They are the mix of comedy, family drama, action, music and love all stuffed in a movie to appeal all types of viewers. They might contain all these ingredients (masala) or some of them. These types of movies are less risky and hence, the established film producers prefer to go with these type of movies.
The nominations for the upcoming movie award, D Cine Award has been released. The 7th edition of the cinema award is one of the many Nepali film awards being held by various organizations. The Award has teamed up with CG (Chaudhary Group, the business organization of Binod Chaudhary) this year to rename it LG D Cine Award 2072. The award ceremony is scheduled to be held in Mangsir month.
The nomination list is prepared from the movies released in the year 2071 BS. There will be 38 different categories of the award in the award ceremony. The award organizer has told that most of the 82 movies released in the year have participated in the award.
The jury members of the Award ceremony are writer and director Mohan Niraula, journalist and director Bijayaratna Tuladhar, musician Santosh Shrestha, and the first female cinematographer of Nepal Sabanam Mukhiya. Three movies out of the 5 nominations for best movies are available to watch in xnepali.
Watch the nominated movies:
- Watch ‘Kabaddi’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director, Best Actor (male), Best Editing and others.
- Watch ‘Talakjung VS Tulke’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director award, Action and others.
- Watch ‘November Rain’ – nominated for Best Movie Award, Best Director, Best Actor (male), Best Actor (Female), Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Script, Best Supporting Actress (Female) and a lot of others.
- Watch ‘Birkhelai Chinchhas’ – Nominated for Best Script, Best New Director, Background Music,
- Watch ‘Jerryy’ – Nominated for Best Cinematography, Best New Actor (Female)
- Watch ‘Lazza’ – Nominated for Best New Actor (Female), Best Singer, Lyricist, Musician etc.
The nominations are as follows:
BesLike previous years the Nepali film awards by the association of Nepali film technicians, NEFTA, was held in foreign soil. This year’s award ceremony was held in Qatar. In the ceremony held among 8,000 audience award on various categories were handed over to the winners. Winning 5 different awards, ‘Talakjung Vs. Tulke’ became the best movie this year.
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Kabaddi’ – ‘Kabaddi’ won award for being best movie by the jury and director Rambabu Gurung
- Watch ‘Jerry’ – The movie won 4 awards for cinematography, mixing, arrangement and actress, Anna Sharma.
- Watch ‘November Rain’ – The movie won two awards for Chhulthim Gurung and playback singing.
The full list of the winners are as follows:
Aryan and Priyanka become the best actors
The 3rd edition of NFDC Film Award ceremony was held in Kathmandu on September 12 at Hotel Hayat in Boudha. TIn the ceremony ‘Kabaddi’ was awarded the best movie of the year 2071. Actor Aryan Sigdel was awarded the best actor for his role in ‘November Rain’ and actress Priyanka Karki was awarded the Best actress for her role in ‘Suntali’.
[Watch ‘Kabaddi’ here and watch ‘November Rain’ here. ]
The best director award was handed over to the director of ‘Kabaddi’, Ram Babu Gurung. The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Movie – Kabaddi
- Best Director – Ram Babu Gurung (Kabaddi)
- Best Actor in lead role – Aryan Sigdel (November Rain)
- Best Actress in lead role – Priyanka Karki (Suntali)
- Best Supporting Actor – Anup Bikram Shahi (Hasiya)
- Best New Actor (Male) – Sanjog Koirala (Utsav)
- Best New Actor (Female) – Ashma DC (Aavash)
- Best Script – Chetan Gurung (November Rain)
- Best Cinematography – Shailendra Dhoj Karki (Jerryy)
- Best Editing – Surendra Poudel (Aavash)
- Best Action – Tarakumar Upreti (Hasiya)
- Best Music – Taraprakash Limbu (November Rain)
- Best Choreography – Kabiraj Gahatraj (Hawaldar Suntali)
- Best Backgroun Music – Ramji Lamichhana (Tathastu)
- Best Sound – Uttam Neupane (Mukhauta)
- Kusume Ruma Commercial Success – Kohinoor
- MaHa Jury Award – Sudeep Singh Bhusal (Mala)
- Puskar Film Journalism Award – Bijaya Ratna Tuladhar
The nomination for the third edition of NFDC Award has been released. In the nomination top five in each of 14 categories are released. The awards will be handed over in 20 categories. The nomination is prepared by a jury of four members from the movies released in the past one year.
The movies considered for the nomination include the movies censor cleared by the Censor Board from the first to the last day of 2071, and released in at least five different theaters.
In the nomination movie ‘November Rain’ has received the most, 8 nominations including the Best Director and Best Movie. The nominations for the best movie are ‘Jerryy’ (watch ‘Jerry’ here), Kabaddi (watch ‘Kabaddi’ here), Nai Nabhannu La 3, ‘November Rain’ (watch ‘November Rain’ here) and ‘Talakjung Vs Tulke’. The directors of these movies were also nominated for the Best Director award.
Box Office Film Club has honored 10 movies in an event held in Nagarkot at the end of the year 2071. Like previous years, the Club has selected the most successful movies in the year. Out of the movies released on the last Friday of 2070 to the last end of 2071 top ten movies were awarded with different honors.
The movie ‘Kohinoor’ was awarded the Super Duper Bumper Block Buster movie of the year 2071. The movie ‘Nai Nabhannu La 2’ (watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 2’ here) was awarded Super Duper Hit honor. ‘Kabaddi’ (watch ‘Kabaddi’ here) and ‘Jerryy’ (watch ‘Jerryy’ here) were awarded Hit movie honors.
Nepali Movie – Jerryy
Starring – Anmol KC, Anna Sharma, Abhishek Man Sherchan, Yash SJB Rana etc.
Director – Hemraj BC
Nepali movie ‘Jerryy’ is a presentation of Falcon Pictures. This movie is highly recommended movie in xNepali review of ‘Jerryy’ the movie was also one of the successful movies of the year 2014. “The movie is good entertainment, good music and fun sequence.”
After the online romance of Anmol and Anna, the couple has continued to romance offline (read about Anna Sharma and Anmol KC love affair in Nepaliactress.com). The director’s debut movie ‘Hostel’ (watch ‘Hostel’ here) was also a hit movie. The movie is produced by Manoj Sherchan, written by Samrat Prasad Gauchan with Hemraj BC, Shailendra Karki is the cinematographer, Surendra Poudel is the editor.
This week’s new release ‘Jerryy’ has gained a good traction in attracting the viewers in the theater. The movie shows a lot of potential of Bhuwan KC‘s son Anmol KC. The movie features Anmol KC, Anna Sharma, Amalia Sharma and Abhishek Man Sherchan in lead roles. The movie directed by the ‘Hostel’ (watch ‘Hostel’ here) director Hemraj BC is produced under Falcon Pictures banner.
The movie presents a story of a youth Xavier Rana, played by Anmol KC, from a rich family. For simplicity, he is popularly known as Jerryy. A lot of girls are attracted to Jerryy and he is sort of a playboy who enjoys life in every opportunity he gets. He tries not to get engaged in any particular girl for long until he meets Akanchha, played by Anna Sharma.
This week, on November 14, 2014, Nepali movie ‘Jerryy’ is releasing in theater all over Nepal. The movie directed by ‘Hostel‘ director, Hemraj BC, features Anmol KC, Anna Sharma, Amalia Sharma and Abhishek Man Sherchan in leading roles.
‘Jerryy’ is a movie made on romantic drama story about a playboy type of youth played by Anmol KC. Anmol meets Akanchha (Anna) when he is in a tour to Mustang. The movie features the beautiful sceneries of Mustang.