I have compiled a video of the Holi celebration of Rekha Thapa from 2010 to the last year’s Holi, Holi 2016. As the Holi 2017 is approaching (the festival is on March 12, 2017) I looked back to the history and compiled the list so that I can update it with the new information on the current Holi. I will share the updated video on or after March 12. The following video lists:
- Rekha Thapa’s Holi in 2010 – Fun filled Holi celebration with Ayush Rijal at Namaste Nepal. That was before Rekha divorced Chhabi Raj Ojha.
- Holi in 2011 – Video and photos of the celebration at Karishma’s home at Godawari. Almost all the celebrities in the Nepali film industry had gathered in the holi celebration.
- Holi in 2012 – Video of Rekha dancing with others while Rajesh Payal Rai sang.
- Holi in 2013 – Holi celebration with ‘Hamesha’ actor Sabin Shrestha and others.
- Holi in 2014 – This year, Rekha Thapa was busy in the shooting of ‘Himmatwali’. One of the songs in movie was shot during Holi featuring holi colours.
- Holi in 2015 – Rekha celebrated Holi with actresses Priyanka Karki and Keki Adhikari at Red Studio.
- Holi in 2016 – At that time, Rekha was promoting her movie ‘Rampyari’. So, she participated in almost all of the major Holi celebration parties in Kathmandu to promote her movie. She also went to Karishma’s residence, Red Studios and other places.
Holi in 2017 – coming soon.
Watch 7 years of holi in less than 5 minutes in the following video:
The festival of colors is just around the corner. I have revisited the holi celebrations of the past by Nepali celebrities and has compiled a short video of the past years. Some of the interesting things in the following video are :
- Jyoti Magar’s hot presentation during Holi in Jhapa.
- Holi events in Karishma Manandhar’s home.
- Karishma Manandhar applying colours on Rajesh Hamal in a Holi celebration a few years ago.
- Dance of Rekha Thapa on a song of her movie ‘Rampyari’
- Dance of Pooja Sharma and Rekha Thapa in the promotion event of Aakash Adhikari’s film.
- Dance actress Rajani KC and Ramesh Upreti in one of the hit songs of their movie, ‘Bracelet’.
- Some other stage shows and interesting dances
What is ‘Holi’?
The festival commonly known as Fagu Purnima as it is celebrated on the Purnima of Falgun month in Nepal. The festival is known for friendship and close relationship with friends and family members.
I wrote an article last year – 7 NRN Actresses in Nepali movies, Shristi Shrestha to Meruna Magar. Now, when I go back and read the article, I realize that I had failed to define what NRN actually mean. That is a very crucial factor to determine who is NRN and who is not.
Who is a Non Resident Nepali (NRN) actress?
The term Non Resident Nepali (NRN) is very loosely used in practice. Nepali citizen who go temporarily to foreign countries to work or study are often referred as NRN. If that were the case a lot of Nepali actresses can be termed NRN because, actress Priyanka Karki, Nisha Adhikari, Ashishma Nakarmi etc. had studied in the USA and had lived there for a while. Reecha Sharma had also gone to a foreign country for a training. A lot of other actresses have gone to India for training or work. We have a lot of Indian actresses in Nepali film industry. We don’t consider actresses like Niruta Singh, Tripti Naadkar, or Sushmita KC as foreign or NRN actresses, although they have their parental home in India and might be carrying an Indian passport.
Nepali Movie – Dulahi
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Sumina Ghimire, Mukesh Dhakal, Karishma Manandhar, Saroj KC, Rabi Giri, Rashmi Bhatta, Surbir Pandit etc.
Director – Baburam Dhakal
The movie ‘Dulahi’ is a presentation of OSR Films and is produced by Harshita KC. The movie was well received by the viewers and it had also won some awards. Actress Karishma Manandhar is the special guest artist in the movie. The child artist in the movie is Prajal Neupane. The movie featured the lyrics of Dayaram Pandey / Baburam Dhakal, background music Dinesh Sunam, music by Ashta Lama, choreography by Kabiraj Gahatraj / Shankar BC/ Poonam Rai, action of Asta Maharjan, story by Pratikshya Dhakal, editing of Bipin Malla, and cinematography of Rameshowr Karki.
Full ‘Dulahi’ full movie:
The official upload of the movie ‘Fagu’ was deleted after a while of uploading. Now, it is updated in the following page. Enjoy the movie :
About Nepali movie ‘Fagu’
The movie is a movie is set in the border of Nepal and India. It is the story of the problems faced by the people because of the the open border of between Nepal in India in the Terai. The movie was shot mostly in and around Birgunj area.
Karishma Manandhar’s movie
The movie ‘Fagu’ is the third movie of karishma Manandhar as a producer and the first movie she has produced that doesn’t have Karishma Manandahar as an actress. In the previous movies ‘Dhuk Dhuki’ and ‘Babu Saheb’ Karishma was the actress. In ‘Fagu’ she has assign actress
Actress Karishma Manandhar has turned 46 on February 4, 2017. Despite of her age, she still looks young and fit.
A video report about Karishma’s birthday.
Click here for the List of movies of Karishma
Karishma Manahdhar’s past
Karishma was born in Jharuwarasi, Lalitpur as the elder daughter of an army major father, Chhetra Bahadur KC and mother Komal KC. Karishma has a younger sister with her mother and two elder brothers from another mother. Karishma’s father had died when she was little. She spent her childhood in poverty with her single mother at Baneshowr, Thapagaun.
Nepali Movie – Shuvakamana
Starring – Karishma Manandhar, Shri Krishna Shrestha, Jharana Bajracharya, Bijaya Giri, Mohan Mishra, Simanta Udas, Sikha Tamang, Ramesh Adhikari etc.
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Nepali movie “Shuvakamana” is a presentation of Simanta Udas and is produced under Siddhakali Films banner. Late actor Shree Krishna is the leading actor featured opposite to Miss Nepal 1997, Jharana Bajracharya. The presentation of Simanta Udas the movie is made on the story of the director Ujjwal Ghimire. The screenplay and the dialogues are written by Suraj Subba, music by Sambhujit Baskota, lyrics jointly by Ujjawal Ghimire and Kiran Kharel, choreography by Santa Nepali and Kamal Rai. The fight directo ris Rajesndra Khadgi, cinematographer is Dirgha Gurung, editing by Tara Thapa and background score by Sanjay Shrestha.
Starting the year 2017, I have decided to feature the artist of the month. For the whole month I will be focused on one particular artist while preparing videos, news and movies.
To choose which artist to feature for the month, I am going to post a poll in Twitter. For the month of January I have posted a poll in Twitter with four options:
- Rekha Thapa
- Rajes Hamal
- Karishma Manandhar
- Anmol KC
At the time of this writing, Rajesh Hamal is leading. Most probably Rajesh Hamal is going to be the artist of the month of January 2016. I will write a separate post for the artist of the month after the 24 hours time limit of the following poll ends. (if you don’t use Twitter, please tell your choice in comment.)
UPDATE: Sagar Regmi, the son of Kanchan Sharma Regmi told that the mother had left them not the other way around.
An interview was telecasted on Kantipur TV a few days ago. The guest to ‘Suman Sanga’ a program run by Suman Kharel, a noted BBC Nepali Sewa journalist, was an unknown woman Kanchan Sharma Regmi. Because of the extremely sad story of her life, Kanchan became an overnight celebrity. She told that she was kicked out by her husband and two grown up sons to the street. She told that she lived in the street for 7 years until a social worker found her and gave a shelter.
The story was painful to many. Actress Karishma Manandhar was so troubled by the story that she woke up at the night and shared her thoughts in Facebook (attached).
Who is right Kanchan or her husband?
Nepali film – Karodpati
Starring :Bhuwan KC, Shusmita KC (New face), Santosh Pant, Ramesh Upreti etc.
Guest Actors – Dolly Thapa, Karishma Manandhar, Sunny Rauniyar, Nir Shah
Direction – Kishor Rana
The Nepali movie ‘Karodpati’ is a presentation of actor Bhuwan KC in his home production company Kajal Films banner. The success of the movie established Bhuwan KC as the successful producer of Nepali film industry. The story of the movie is supposedly written by Kajal KC while the script and the dialogue is written by Brajesh Khanal. Kajal KC is the daughter of Bhuwan KC by his first wife Bijaya KC. Kajal lives in the USA with her mother.
Full movie in a single part:
Like previous years, I am sharing the photos of the Nepali celebrities celebrating Bhai Tika. Tihar being the second biggest festival in Nepal, it is celebrated by almost everybody. The festival involves worshiping dog, crow, cow, bull and siblings. I had written about the 5 Days of Tihar festival in a previous post.
The photos of the previous years:
Priyanka Karki’s Bhai Tika and Laxmi Puja celebration:
Rekha Thapa’s Bhai Tika Celebration:
UPDATE: Dashain has finished today. I collected 100s of photos of celebrities. But, posting them in the page would not be that much interesting to the most of the site visitors. So, I collected the photos of 40+ Nepali actress celebrating Dashain this year and prepared a video (There are 43 actresses featured in this video).
I also prepared a video about the fist Dashain of two Miss Nepal sons. In addition to the sons of Jharana Bajracharya and Malvika Subba, the daughter of actress Richa Ghimire also celebrated her Dashain for the first time in her life.
I wrote his article in May of 2016 – to mark the Nepali Mother’s Day. I am re-writing this article because there are three more updates in the article :
- Sumina Ghimire gave birth to her daughter in December 25, 2015. Sumina Ghimire had gone into hiding after marrying, so it took me nine months to know about her childbirth. (photo and a video report is attached.)
- Simpal Khanal is also expecting a new child soon. Although Simpal had also gone into hiding after marrying a UK resident guy, she had shared the photo of her big belly recently. (a video report is attached – read more about Simpal’s pregnancy here)
- Sumi Khadka is another actress who is pregnant now. Sumi had announced the pregancy on September 26, 2016. Khadka, a former Miss Nepal, was also an actress in a number of movies. Sumi had married Chiran Basnyat in 2015. (A photo is attached.)
Video report (May 2016):
On the Nepali Mother’s Day, I had also collected the mothers of some of the Nepali actresses. The creator, mothers of the beautiful and charming actresses are mostly in the shadow of the limelights of their daughters.
But, today I am collecting the actresses who are themselves mothers. (Update of more photos and video coming soon.)
In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
Nepali film – Aandolan
Starring – Karishma Manandhar, Dinesh Sharma, Barsha Khadka, Surya Shrestha etc.
Director – Tirtha Thapa
Watch full movie ‘Andolan’ in a single part: