Nepali Movie – Shuvakamana
Starring – Karishma Manandhar, Shri Krishna Shrestha, Jharana Bajracharya, Bijaya Giri, Mohan Mishra, Simanta Udas, Sikha Tamang, Ramesh Adhikari etc.
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Nepali movie “Shuvakamana” is a presentation of Simanta Udas and is produced under Siddhakali Films banner. Late actor Shree Krishna is the leading actor featured opposite to Miss Nepal 1997, Jharana Bajracharya. The presentation of Simanta Udas the movie is made on the story of the director Ujjwal Ghimire. The screenplay and the dialogues are written by Suraj Subba, music by Sambhujit Baskota, lyrics jointly by Ujjawal Ghimire and Kiran Kharel, choreography by Santa Nepali and Kamal Rai. The fight directo ris Rajesndra Khadgi, cinematographer is Dirgha Gurung, editing by Tara Thapa and background score by Sanjay Shrestha.
Starting the year 2017, I have decided to feature the artist of the month. For the whole month I will be focused on one particular artist while preparing videos, news and movies.
To choose which artist to feature for the month, I am going to post a poll in Twitter. For the month of January I have posted a poll in Twitter with four options:
- Rekha Thapa
- Rajes Hamal
- Karishma Manandhar
- Anmol KC
At the time of this writing, Rajesh Hamal is leading. Most probably Rajesh Hamal is going to be the artist of the month of January 2016. I will write a separate post for the artist of the month after the 24 hours time limit of the following poll ends. (if you don’t use Twitter, please tell your choice in comment.)
UPDATE: Sagar Regmi, the son of Kanchan Sharma Regmi told that the mother had left them not the other way around.
An interview was telecasted on Kantipur TV a few days ago. The guest to ‘Suman Sanga’ a program run by Suman Kharel, a noted BBC Nepali Sewa journalist, was an unknown woman Kanchan Sharma Regmi. Because of the extremely sad story of her life, Kanchan became an overnight celebrity. She told that she was kicked out by her husband and two grown up sons to the street. She told that she lived in the street for 7 years until a social worker found her and gave a shelter.
The story was painful to many. Actress Karishma Manandhar was so troubled by the story that she woke up at the night and shared her thoughts in Facebook (attached).
Who is right Kanchan or her husband?
Nepali film – Karodpati
Starring :Bhuwan KC, Shusmita KC (New face), Santosh Pant, Ramesh Upreti etc.
Guest Actors – Dolly Thapa, Karishma Manandhar, Sunny Rauniyar, Nir Shah
Direction – Kishor Rana
The Nepali movie ‘Karodpati’ is a presentation of actor Bhuwan KC in his home production company Kajal Films banner. The success of the movie established Bhuwan KC as the successful producer of Nepali film industry. The story of the movie is supposedly written by Kajal KC while the script and the dialogue is written by Brajesh Khanal. Kajal KC is the daughter of Bhuwan KC by his first wife Bijaya KC. Kajal lives in the USA with her mother.
Full movie in a single part:
Like previous years, I am sharing the photos of the Nepali celebrities celebrating Bhai Tika. Tihar being the second biggest festival in Nepal, it is celebrated by almost everybody. The festival involves worshiping dog, crow, cow, bull and siblings. I had written about the 5 Days of Tihar festival in a previous post.
The photos of the previous years:
Priyanka Karki’s Bhai Tika and Laxmi Puja celebration:
Rekha Thapa’s Bhai Tika Celebration:
UPDATE: Dashain has finished today. I collected 100s of photos of celebrities. But, posting them in the page would not be that much interesting to the most of the site visitors. So, I collected the photos of 40+ Nepali actress celebrating Dashain this year and prepared a video (There are 43 actresses featured in this video).
I also prepared a video about the fist Dashain of two Miss Nepal sons. In addition to the sons of Jharana Bajracharya and Malvika Subba, the daughter of actress Richa Ghimire also celebrated her Dashain for the first time in her life.
I wrote his article in May of 2016 – to mark the Nepali Mother’s Day. I am re-writing this article because there are three more updates in the article :
- Sumina Ghimire gave birth to her daughter in December 25, 2015. Sumina Ghimire had gone into hiding after marrying, so it took me nine months to know about her childbirth. (photo and a video report is attached.)
- Simpal Khanal is also expecting a new child soon. Although Simpal had also gone into hiding after marrying a UK resident guy, she had shared the photo of her big belly recently. (a video report is attached – read more about Simpal’s pregnancy here)
- Sumi Khadka is another actress who is pregnant now. Sumi had announced the pregancy on September 26, 2016. Khadka, a former Miss Nepal, was also an actress in a number of movies. Sumi had married Chiran Basnyat in 2015. (A photo is attached.)
Video report (May 2016):
On the Nepali Mother’s Day, I had also collected the mothers of some of the Nepali actresses. The creator, mothers of the beautiful and charming actresses are mostly in the shadow of the limelights of their daughters.
But, today I am collecting the actresses who are themselves mothers. (Update of more photos and video coming soon.)
In an event held in Kathmandu on September 8, 2016 actress Namrata Shrestha had been awarded the fourth award for her role in ‘Classic’.
Namrata Shrestha was awarded the best actress award in:
- National Film Award 2016 (Winners of National Film Awards)
- FAAN 2016 (Winners of FAAN Award)
- D Cine Award 2016 (Winners of D Cine Award)
- LG Films Award 2016 (This post)
The best actor award winner Dayahang Rai has also won the award two times. In other two times, Namrata’s partner in ‘Classic’ Aryan Sigdel was awarded. The best movie award was handed over to ‘Pashupati Prasad’.
Watch the award winning films:
Nepali film – Aandolan
Starring – Karishma Manandhar, Dinesh Sharma, Barsha Khadka, Surya Shrestha etc.
Director – Tirtha Thapa
Watch full movie ‘Andolan’ in a single part:
Nepali Movie – Pal
Starring – Raj Ballav Koirala, Nisha Adhikari, Tripti Nadkar, Ramesh Budhathoki, Biren Shakya, Anup Baral, Dinesh DC, Sanu Tamrakar, Shailaja Acharya, Mahahdev Tripathi, Laya Sangraula, Karishma Manandhar etc.
Director – Ramesh Budhathoki
Watch Nepali movie ‘Pal’ full in a single part:
Actress Karishma Manahdar has written a long statement in response to the backlash she was receiving after numerous mistakes she did during the inaguration of Dr. Baburam Bhattarai’s new party, Naya Shakti Nepal. In the Facebook post, Karishma had mocked the so-called educated people who only complain about others and don’t do anything for the country. She had challenged them that she will win election and do good for the country and they should start preparing for the criticism for that future. The following video report has the full statement (in Nepali), a rough translation follows:
A rough translation of Karishma’s statement (written originally in Nepali):
I feel like writing something. There are a lot of scholars here. Those scholars become active when somebody makes a mistake or when they identify somebody else’s mistake. Naya Shakti Nepal inauguration program was the target of everybody to find the mistakes. I did some mistakes in the program. There might be a lot of other shortcomings in me, there might be a lot of things I might not know…
Intercaste marriage is still a taboo in Nepali society. People have higher affiliation towards their own religion. Young generations are also obsessed by the caste and even the Gotra, a religious categorization of people in the society. One of the most striking public display of the truth on what the people think about their caste was seen when model and journalist Samriddhi Rai told that she didn’t want to marry the guy in her own caste. She told she didn’t want to look at a Rai guy, because she was forced by her family members to do so. She told she wanted to be a Nepali rather than a girl of Rai-clan.
Samriddhi Rai had to face a lot of protest. She was threatened to be boycotted by the Rai community. When things went nasty, she also released a video with an apology. I did a video report on Samriddhi case. At the time of this writing, the video is watched by 23 K people and there are 79 comments in it. (The video is attached below)
After the Samriddhi Rai incident, I decided to do a small research on the Nepali celebrities who had tied their knot with the partner of different caste. I was surprised to find a lot of celebrities who had chosen the partner of another caste. Preparing a report on all of them would be a long report, so I decided to focus on actresses. Here is the list of 10 actresses who had done inter-caste marriage.
Nobody can deny that Karishma Manandhar made huge blunder in the announcement ceremony of the new political party led by ex-Prime Minister Dr. Baburam Bhattarai. Although she made many mistakes, she had also done some appreciable work while emceeing the event. After going through the videos in which she has done a very bad job of being an announcer, I wanted to compile the things she had done better than others. Here is final result:
In the video, I have compiled the things she had done well. That doesn’t mean that she hadn’t done any mistakes. The reasons she had done mistakes in the event are:
- Karishma Manandhar wasn’t well prepared. She had done mistakes in pronouncing names and reading written words. If she had read the script before the event, she would have avoided most of such mistakes.
- Script issue – It seems, the script for Karishma wasn’t prepared that well. Made some good unscripted statements but, if it were written down, she might have delivered in better manner.
- Language problem – Karishma had used English language and Nepali languages in the stages. Although she told that she used English to address foreigners, she had used English to expressed her feelings – that too in wrongful way. It would have been better if she had adhered in one language.
- Personality confusion – There were a lot of speakers who were not favourable to the party she was affiliated to. For example, Nepali Congress and it’s leaders, CPN UML and its leaders and other leaders were clearly the competitor to Naya Shakti. It sounded uneasy when she tried to show her linkage to the Nepali Congress chief Sher Bahadur Deuba or CPN UML chief KP Oli.
- Reading letter from Bhutan – I think that was the biggest mistake Karishma made in the event. She shouldn’t have read the letter as she had difficulty pronouncing words and names in it.
There are different types of mothers in Nepali film industry. Some mothers are celebrity mothers others are housewife mothers. I found a nice compilation of different types of mothers in which some mothers are like Sunita Paneru, the mother of actress Archana Paneru. Sunita did something no other Nepali mothers have done or might do to her daughter. It is strange, how a mother can encourage her daughter to smokes and drink. That is the reason she is in the top of the list.
Watch the video:
Other mothers are celebrity mother themselves like actress Karishma Manandhar, Jharana Thapa, and Suvekshya Thapa. All these mothers have grown up daughters who are old enough to be featured as actresses. Despite of their old age, they still are featured as young girls in the movies.
On the Nepali Mother’s Day, I have collected the mothers of some of the Nepali actresses in the past.
But, today I am collecting the actresses who are themselves mothers. (Update of more photos and video coming soon.)
- Karishma Manandhar – Mother of an adult daughter Kabita Manandhar.
- Jharana Thapa – A mother of an adult daughter Suhani Thapa
- Suvekshya Thapa – A mother of teenaged daughter
- Sanchita Luitel – A mother of two children
- Richa Ghimire – A mother of two sons and an expectant mother (expecting a daughter soon)
- Jharana Bajracharya – A mother of a son born in April
- Malvika Subba – A mother of a son born in April
- Bipana Basnet (Fake Hisila Yami) – mother of the actress Rista Basnet
- Mausami Malla – A mother of two grown up sons – One of the son’s Vicky Malla was the actor in ‘Samaya’
- Bina Budhathoki is also a mother of a grown up daughter.
- Arunima Lamsal is a mother of a daughter. Arunima herself is a daughter of another actress Bhabu Lamsal.
- Pooja Chand is a mother of a grown up daughter – Divya Chand
- Bina Budhathoki is also a mother of a grown up daughter
- Melina Manandhar is also the mother of a daughter
- Kunjana Ghimire is also the mother of a daughter
- Usha Khadgi also has a daughter
- Anju Pant, a well known singer is also the mother to a daughter.
A photo of actress Karishma Manandhar with her to be actress daughter Kabita Manandhar. Kabita lives in the USA for her studies.