USA election doesn’t have much impact to Nepal. But, we are politically so much conscious that every geo-political situation all over the world interests us.
Some Nepali celebrities however are US citizens. Nepali celebrities don’t prefer to reveal the fact about their US citizenship because of the the lack of dual-citizenship provision in Nepal. The celebrities like Saroj Khanal, Suryamala Sharma, Premraja Mahat, Kristi Mainali, Sudhanshu Joshi, Sapana Shree, Harish Mathema, and Krishna Murari Dhungel are said to be US citizens.
- Actress Priyanka Karki wasn’t happy by Trump’s victory. She had written “Madam president”, in the morning and then she wrote, “… and the world is doomed!”
- Richa Sharma wrote “Congratulation to the winner.”
- Hari Bamsha Acharya’s son Mohit Bamsha asked, “How many of you are immigrating to Cananda?”
- Ruby Shah‘s comment was satirical – “Yaha deshko chha chinta, timi US-US bhanchchu.” (Meaning I am worried about my country and you are talking about USA).
- Malina Joshi wrote – #Godblessamerica, sharing The Independent article about Trump’s win.
- Nirmal Sharma (Gaida) congratulated Trump. He has written, “Don’t be like us. Let them go who wants to go to the USA. Let them stay, if they want to stay there. Don’t discontinue DV. Don’t fight and do your work.” (will attach in a while)
- Deepak Raj Giri (will attach)
- Singer Astha Raut has written a long post starting with , “I am feeling sorry for America…”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Shweta Singh wrote, “Victory of the blunt… Donald Trump .. Donald Trump.”
- Ex-Miss Nepal Malvika Subba wrote, “While America is all red, now who is planning to come back to Nepal?”
- Rekha Thapa hasn’t responded after the election result. Before the result, she had written that she ‘loves Hillary’.
Video report about the US Election result:
USA being the world leader in arms and economy has a potential of influencing everybody. Some of the stuffs I noticed about the US Election:
UPDATE: Dashain has finished today. I collected 100s of photos of celebrities. But, posting them in the page would not be that much interesting to the most of the site visitors. So, I collected the photos of 40+ Nepali actress celebrating Dashain this year and prepared a video (There are 43 actresses featured in this video).
I also prepared a video about the fist Dashain of two Miss Nepal sons. In addition to the sons of Jharana Bajracharya and Malvika Subba, the daughter of actress Richa Ghimire also celebrated her Dashain for the first time in her life.
In the past, most of the marriages used to be arranged by the parents and relatives. But, in the current time, it is a common practice for the the guys and girls to select their own partners for marriage. Despite of this new trend, there are still marriages that are arranged by the parents and the relative. One such marriage is in making in the popular comedian Hari Bamsha Acharya’s home. His younger son Mohit Bamsha Acharya was engaged to Bindu Thapa in a ceremony held on October 1, 2016 in a resort in Dhulikhel.
The engagement between 27 years old Mohit Bamsha Acharya and 24-years old Bindu Thapa was held in Mirabel Resort and Hotel in Dhulikhel among the families of the two parties and their close friends.
Currently in the USA MaHa, Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bamsha Acharya celebrated Dashain festival in the USA. They are currently in US tour with other comedy artists like Shiva Hari Poudel, Kiran KC, Basundhara Bhusal and others.
Both Madan Krishna and Hari Bansha’s sons Yaman Shrestha and Mohit Bansha Acharya respectively are together in the tour for the first time in their career. Madan Krishna’s son Yaman is a good comedy singer and Mohit prefers acting.
Hari Bansha Acharya and Ramila Acharya offerd tika to son Mohit Bansha Acharya.
The sons of MaHa – Mohit Bansha Acharya and Yaman Shrestha (MoYa) are going to be featured together on stage for the first time in their lives. The comedy program to start from Monday, “MaHa Jatra” will feature Mohit and Yaman on the same stage.
Although they will share the stage, the presentation however are separate. Both Mohit and Yaman have presented their talents in stage but, this is the first time they will show in the same stage on the same day. Yaman is a singer who will present a comedy song in the show and Mohit will act with MaHa.
A funny song by Yaman about the life of Nepali in USA:
The MaHa duo, Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bansha Acharya and other artists are going to perform in various cities of Australia under a tour titled MaHaYatra 2014.
The artists comprising of MaHa, Kiran KC, Basundhara Bhusal, Narendra Kansarkar, Shiva Hari Poudel, Kunti Moktan and Mohit Bamsha Acharya (Haribansha’s son) will also be in the MaHaYatra tour.
The artists are scheduled to reach Australia on January 16. The tour will start from the Australian city Perth on January 18 and will conclude in Sydney on February 2. The events will be conducted in the major cities like Perth, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Alidade, and Sydney.
It seems, mahanayak Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar have finally realized their actual age and have accepted that they are old enough to act in a parent’s role of lead character.
Mira Acharya, a radio anchor of Radio Nepal and wife of renowned comedian Hari Bansha Acharya has died at the age of 46.
After a heart attack on Sunday (April 17) Mira was admitted to the hospital for treatment. She didn’t recovered and was put in a ventilator on Monday. Hari Bamsha wanted her to die after their son Trilok returned from US on Wednesday morning.
Mira and Hari Bamsha have two sons Trilok Achary and Mohit Bamsha Acharya. Mohit is going to act in leading role in his debut movie "Maya ko Bari".
Our heartfelt condolence to the the family of Hari Bansha Acharya and wish the soul of Mira rest
Click on the following text to go to a Facebook page with the video, to hear the voice of Mira Acharya:
Photo of last good-bye of Mira Acharya (photo credit Nagariknews)