All the songs of two musical love story movies ‘Prem Geet 2’ and ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ have been released. Both being the sequels of musical love story movie ‘Prem Geet’, it is interesting to see which one will prove victorious.
Songs of Prem Geet 2
There are four songs in this sequel. The romantic drama is releasing on Shrawan 13. The title song of the movie is composed by Kalyan Singh. Rohit John Chhetri and Shreya Sotang have given voice to the song. The song got an immediate attention and was trending for some time in Nepal.
The second song is an item song/club song titled ‘Motorcycle ma ..’ featuring Aslesha Thakuri, Swastima Khadka and Pradeep Khadka is composed by Alish Karki. The song features the voice of Indira Joshi and Pratap Das. The music video of the song is liked by the viewers in YouTube.
The third sentimental song is recorded in the voice of Sagar Sansar Rai. The last song Bistarai Bistarai is a love song with nice music and tunes.
- Kahani Yo Prem Geet Ko (Title song)
- Motorcycle Ma (Item song)
- Na Ta Hasna Nai Sakchhu (sentimental song)
- Bistarai Bistarai (Love song)
Listen the audio of all the songs:
Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu songs
I had already discussed about the three songs in this version of the sequel of ‘Prem Geet’. The first song in the collection is ‘Bhanchhu Aaja’ – the song featuring Paul Shah and Pooja Sharma. The song got an immediate positive response by the viewers. The song features Arjun Pokharel’s music has the lyrics of Sudarshan Thapa. The song features the voices of Sugam Pokharel and Anju Panta.
The second song is a sentimental song titled ‘Kaha Chha Ra’ featuring Anju Panta and Pramod Kharel’s voices again. The lyrics of the song is written by Diggaj Dhoraali.
The competition between the sequels of ‘Prem Geet’ has been quite fierce before the release of the movies. After a week of the release of the title song of ‘Prem Geet 2’ the title song of the another sequel ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ was released. Now, one has released the second song, an item number while another has released an audio jukebox of all the songs from the movie.
Although the first song of ‘Prem Geet 2’ was good enough and became very popular in a short time, I think, the second song is far better in terms of music and the choreography. The first song was popular because of the beautiful location and cinematography, the second most probably will be popular because of the music. Music videos show that the film is promising.
The song titled ‘Motorcycle ma’ features actress Swostima Khadka and Aslesha Thakuri with the lead actor Pradeep Khadka. The song features the voice of Indira Joshi and Pratap Das. The lyrics are written by Rajesh Kumar Shrestha and Babin, music is composed by Alish Karki and choreography by Renasha Rai.
The audio jukebox of the upcoming movie ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ is released. After the success of the title song, the full audiojukebox featuring three songs was released recently. Three songs are different types of songs.
In the audio collection, the first song is ‘Bhanchhu Aaja’ the song previously released featuring Paul Shah and Pooja Sharma. The song featuring Arjun Pokharel’s music has the lyrics of Sudarshan Thapa and voices of Sugam Pokharel and Anju Panta.
The second song is sort of sentimental. The song titled ‘Kaha Chha Ra’ also features Anju Panta and Pramod Kharel’s voices. The lyrics is written by Diggaj Dhoraali.
The last song is a dancing number featuring the music and voice of Arjun Pokharel himself. The lyrics is written by Ambika Sharma.
The cover songs of both the ‘Prem Geet’ sequels – ‘Prem Geet 2’ and ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ were released a while ago. While the music video of ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ was released a week ago, that of ‘Prem Geet 2’ was released 3 weeks ago – they both have similar views, likes and dislikes now. Let’s compare the two songs:
After the huge success of ‘Prem Geet’ the producer and the directors of the movie parted their ways. While the producer Santosh Sen teamed up with the actor Pradeep Khadka, the director Sudarshan Thapa teamed up with the actress Pooja Sharma. They decided to produce their own versions of the sequel.
After Santosh Sen announced the sequel of ‘Prem Geet 2’, the director Sudarshan Thapa and Pooja Sharma announced another sequel titled ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ a few days later. During the NEFTA 2016 award held in Dubai, Paul Shah was announced to romance with Pooja in the movie.
The title song of upcoming movie ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ was released on the birthday of the lead actress and the producer of the movie, Pooja Sharma. In the birthday celebration held in Kathmandu, the song was release among the film crew members and journalists. In the program, the lead actor Paul Shah also sang the song with the music director Arjun Pokharel.
The song features the voices of Sugam Pokharel and Anju Panta. The music is composed by Arjun Pokharel and the lyrics is written by Sudarshan Thapa. The choreographer of the song is Kabiraj Gahatraj.
Prem Geet Sequels
The movie ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’ is an unofficial sequel of ‘Prem Geet’, a super hit movie of 2016. After the success of the movie featuring Pooja Sharma and Pradeep Khadka and directed by Sudarshan Thapa, the director and the producer of the original movie had parted their paths.
On the Nepali new year, the title song of upcoming movie ‘Prem Geet 2’ was released. The song titled ‘Kahani Yo Premgeetko’ features the leading actors Pradeep Khadka and the new actres sAshlesha Thakuri. The song shot in various locations in Nepal, Burma and Thailand features beautiful scenery and nice choreography.
update: Video report
The song is written by Amrit Marattha, music by Kalyan Singh and the playback singers are Shreeya Sotang and Rohit John Chhetri. The cinematographer of the film is Purushottam Pradan, choreography by Renasha Bantawa Rai.
Although the lyrics and the music is average, the song has been quite popular in a short time because of the brand name of ‘Prem Geet’ and the beautiful sceneries. Actress Aslesha Thakuri is also featured in hot avatar in the song.
Watch the song:
I have compiled a list of new Nepali movies you shouldn’t miss. The quality of Nepali movies have improved in the modern days. Experimental movies have been very successful these days. All the movies listed here are the movies made after 2010.
Update – Paradeshi
A 2015 release, superhit movie of Prashant Tamang. The movie ‘Paradeshi’ was directed by Narayan Rayamajhi, the director of another hit movie ‘Gorkha Paltan’.
1. Classic (2016)
The 2016 release movie by Aryan Sigdel, ‘Classic’ is one of the top movies of the year 2016. The movie about a blind couple features Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leading role. Namrata Shresthat had had won all the Best Actress awards of the year for her role in the movie. Aryan Sigdel had also won Best Actor awards for his role in the movie. The movie was also awarded the Best Movie of the year award in various film awards. This is a must watch movie.
Watch ‘Classic’ – (Skip the initial 4 minutes to watch the movie.)
After the accident of the shooting team on their way to Pokhara, the shooting of ‘Prem Geet 2’ was delayed by a week last week. The vehicle carrying the producer the lead actor and the director had met with an accident while going to Pokhara. After the accident the producer and the director met with minor injuries and were rushed to hospital in Kathmandu.
Now, the shooting has resumed in Kathmandu. A club dance scene is being shot in Karma Lunge in Tripureshowr, Kathmandu. In the song, actor Pramod Khadka is having romance with actress Swastima Khadka. The shooting in the location is told to last four days and will feature the lead actors Pradeep and Ashlesha Thakuri with Swastima.
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
One of the sequels of superhit movie ‘Prem Geet’ titled ‘Prem Geet 2’ has started in Kathmandu. The shooting is expected to complete in the next two months. The movie produced by Santosh Sen is being directed by Ramsharan Pathak. In the past, Sen had produced ‘Prem Geet’ and ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’. Both of the previous movies were directed by Sudarshan Thapa and featured Pooja Sharma as the leading actress. But, after ‘Prem Geet’, the relationship between Santosh Sen and the director-actress couple has turned sour. So, the sequel won’t repeat neither the director nor the actress. Watch the full movies:
While Santosh Sen is producing ‘Prem Geet 2’, Sudarshan and Pooja have teamed up to produce another sequel of the movie titled ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’. The movie is also expected to start the shooting soon.
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
The top 5 nominations for the 9th edition of NEFTA Awards has been released. In NEFTA Award 2016 the movies ‘Classic’ and ‘Prem Geet’ have received the most number of nominations in the 31 categories announced by the origanizer. Classic has been nominated in 18 categories and ‘Prem Geet’ is nominated in 17 different categories. In third place, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ has been nominated in 9 categories. I have also listed the movies nominated, and available to watch in full.
NEFTA Nominated Films (Watch Full movies)
The award ceremony will be held on December 23, 2016 in Dubai of UAE. The nominations are prepared by a 5-member selection committee led by Bharat Shakya among the movies released in the year 2072.
In the Nepali film award organized by Gopi Krishna Movies, the ‘Classic’ actors Namrata Shrestha and Aryan Sigdel were chosen the best actors. But, the winner of the best movie award was ‘Pashupati Prasad’. The Best director award went to Dinesh Raut, the director of ‘Classic’. The editor of ‘Classic’ Surendra Poudel also won the Best Editor award.
Watch award winning movies in full:
The full list of winners are:
- Best Movie – Pashupati Prasad
- Best Commercial movie – Dreams
Nepali Movie – Prem Geet
Starring – Pooja Sharma, Pradeep Khadka, Saroj Khanal, Rupa Rana, Laxmi Giri, Norbu Tsering, Rajaram Poudel etc.
Director – Sudarshan Thapa
The movie ‘Prem Geet’ in single part:
UPDATE: Hit New movies added in xnepali:
I wish xNepali readers a very happy new year 2073. On the new year, I am looking back on the movies released in 2072 BS. The year was a tragic because of the earthquake and huge amount of the loss of human and properties. The movie release and shooting were also affected for months because of the tragic event.
Note – This is only a list of top movies. These new movies aren’t yet available online. I will share the full movies when the producers make them available online.
10 Hit movies of 2072
- Dreams – Anmol KC starrer movie produced and directed by his father Bhuwan KC was superhit movie of 2072.
- Woda Number 6 – The movie produced by ‘Tito Satya’ comedy show team – Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma was superhit this year. It followed the last years hit release ‘Chha Ekan Chha’
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – The sequel of superhit movie ‘Kabaddi’ was similar to the original and it also received the similar success.
- Pardeshi – The movie made on foreign employment featuring Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC received a very good response from the viewers.
- Pashupati Prasad – The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichane and directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by the viewers. The movie is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have songs and fights.
- Prem Geet – Love story movie by director Sudarshan Thapa was also liked by viewers. The movie features Pradeep Khadka and Pooja Sharma in leading role.
- Classic – Another love story movie by director Dinesh Raut featured Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leadign roles.
- Resham Filili – The movie was released twice and was successful because of the popularity of the song Jalama.
- Nai Nabhannu La 4 – The fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise was as successful as it’s previous sequels. That is based on the response of the viewers in the last few day. The movie was released on last Friday.
- Bhairav – The comeback movie of Nikhil Upreti was also his directorial debut. The movie was a huge commercial success.