After the accident of the shooting team on their way to Pokhara, the shooting of ‘Prem Geet 2’ was delayed by a week last week. The vehicle carrying the producer the lead actor and the director had met with an accident while going to Pokhara. After the accident the producer and the director met with minor injuries and were rushed to hospital in Kathmandu.
Now, the shooting has resumed in Kathmandu. A club dance scene is being shot in Karma Lunge in Tripureshowr, Kathmandu. In the song, actor Pramod Khadka is having romance with actress Swastima Khadka. The shooting in the location is told to last four days and will feature the lead actors Pradeep and Ashlesha Thakuri with Swastima.
The 9th edition of NEFTA Awards was held at Dubai, UAE on December 23, 2016. A lot of Nepali artists attended the grand ceremony featuring performances of a lot of artists including Rajesh Hamal and Karishma Manandhar.
The dancers in the program were Karishma Mamandhar, Pooja Sharma, Chhulthim Gurung, Malina Joshi, Rista Basnet, Samragyee RL Shah, Namrata Sapkota, Jebina Karki. The male dancers were Rajesh Hamal, Anupbikram Shahi, Paul Shah, Najir Hussain, Salon Basnet, and Roshit Rumba.
The award winner movies are:
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ here – Best Movie, Best Dilogue (Khagendra Lamichhane), Best Supporting Actor (Prakash Ghimire), Best Actor in Negative Role (Bipin Karki)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ here – Popular Film, Best Newcomer Actress (Samragyee RL Shah) , Popular Actor (Anmol KC)
- Watch ‘Woda Number 6’ here – Best Director (Ujjwal Ghimire), Best Arranger (Rajan Ishan), Best Art Director (Pasang T Sherpa)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ here- Best Actor (Dayahang Rai), Best Story (Rambabu Gurung / Upendra Subba)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ here – Best Cinematographer (Purushottam Pradhan), Best Lyrics (Dr. Krishna Hari Baral), Best Newcomer Actor (Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Fanko’ here – Best Script (Subarna Thapa), Best Editing (Bipin Malla), Best Background Music (Sujil Karmacharya)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ – Popular Actress (Pooja Sharma), Best Music (Arjun Pokharel), Best Choreographer (Renasha Bantawa Rai), Best Singer Male (Sugam Pokharel), Best Singer Female (Anju Panta), Best Dress design (Yubi Thapa and Yogita Pun)
- Watch ‘Dhauli’ here – Sound Mixing (Uttam Neupane)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ here – Best Action (Himal KC)
- Classic (not available now) – Best Actress (Namrata Shrestha)
- Janmabhumi – Best Supporting Actress (Nishma Ghimire)
- Adhakatti – Best Comedy Actor (Wilson Bikram Rai)
- Timi Nabhaya – Best Ethnic Film
- Ko Afno – Best Make up (Dipu Poudel)
One of the sequels of superhit movie ‘Prem Geet’ titled ‘Prem Geet 2’ has started in Kathmandu. The shooting is expected to complete in the next two months. The movie produced by Santosh Sen is being directed by Ramsharan Pathak. In the past, Sen had produced ‘Prem Geet’ and ‘Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe’. Both of the previous movies were directed by Sudarshan Thapa and featured Pooja Sharma as the leading actress. But, after ‘Prem Geet’, the relationship between Santosh Sen and the director-actress couple has turned sour. So, the sequel won’t repeat neither the director nor the actress. Watch the full movies:
While Santosh Sen is producing ‘Prem Geet 2’, Sudarshan and Pooja have teamed up to produce another sequel of the movie titled ‘Ma Yesto Geet Gauchhu’. The movie is also expected to start the shooting soon.
In the film awards held in this year either Dayahang Rai had won the best actor award or Aryan Sigdel. For the first time, Kamana Film Award 2016 has awarded Saugat Malla the award for his role in ‘Fanko’.
The award ceremony held at the Army Officers’ Club in Kathmandu on December 3, 2016 awarded different awards to ten movies. Out of them, seven movies are available to watch in full in xnepali. Click on the following links to watch the movies:
Watch award winning movies:
- Watch ‘Fanko’ (Best Actor Award)
- Watch ‘Kabaddi Kabaddi’ (Best Dialogue)
- Watch ‘Pashupati Prasad’ (Best film award, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Actor in Negative Role)
- Watch ‘Prem Geet’ (Best Make Up, Best Playback Singer – Anju Pant, Best Playback singer – Sugam Pokharel, Best Lyrics, Best Music, Best Supporting Actor)
- Watch ‘Nai Nabhannu La 4’ (Best new Actor – Paul Shah)
- Watch ‘Dreams’ (Best Cinematography, Best New Actress – Samragyee, Best New Director – Bhuwan)
- Watch ‘Bhairav’ (Best Action)
Three award winning movies not available in xnepali yet are:
The top 5 nominations for the 9th edition of NEFTA Awards has been released. In NEFTA Award 2016 the movies ‘Classic’ and ‘Prem Geet’ have received the most number of nominations in the 31 categories announced by the origanizer. Classic has been nominated in 18 categories and ‘Prem Geet’ is nominated in 17 different categories. In third place, ‘Pashupati Prasad’ has been nominated in 9 categories. I have also listed the movies nominated, and available to watch in full.
NEFTA Nominated Films (Watch Full movies)
The award ceremony will be held on December 23, 2016 in Dubai of UAE. The nominations are prepared by a 5-member selection committee led by Bharat Shakya among the movies released in the year 2072.
In the Nepali film award organized by Gopi Krishna Movies, the ‘Classic’ actors Namrata Shrestha and Aryan Sigdel were chosen the best actors. But, the winner of the best movie award was ‘Pashupati Prasad’. The Best director award went to Dinesh Raut, the director of ‘Classic’. The editor of ‘Classic’ Surendra Poudel also won the Best Editor award.
Watch award winning movies in full:
The full list of winners are:
- Best Movie – Pashupati Prasad
- Best Commercial movie – Dreams
Nepali Movie – Prem Geet
Starring – Pooja Sharma, Pradeep Khadka, Saroj Khanal, Rupa Rana, Laxmi Giri, Norbu Tsering, Rajaram Poudel etc.
Director – Sudarshan Thapa
The movie ‘Prem Geet’ in single part:
UPDATE: Hit New movies added in xnepali:
I wish xNepali readers a very happy new year 2073. On the new year, I am looking back on the movies released in 2072 BS. The year was a tragic because of the earthquake and huge amount of the loss of human and properties. The movie release and shooting were also affected for months because of the tragic event.
Note – This is only a list of top movies. These new movies aren’t yet available online. I will share the full movies when the producers make them available online.
10 Hit movies of 2072
- Dreams – Anmol KC starrer movie produced and directed by his father Bhuwan KC was superhit movie of 2072.
- Woda Number 6 – The movie produced by ‘Tito Satya’ comedy show team – Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma was superhit this year. It followed the last years hit release ‘Chha Ekan Chha’
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – The sequel of superhit movie ‘Kabaddi’ was similar to the original and it also received the similar success.
- Pardeshi – The movie made on foreign employment featuring Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC received a very good response from the viewers.
- Pashupati Prasad – The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichane and directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by the viewers. The movie is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have songs and fights.
- Prem Geet – Love story movie by director Sudarshan Thapa was also liked by viewers. The movie features Pradeep Khadka and Pooja Sharma in leading role.
- Classic – Another love story movie by director Dinesh Raut featured Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leadign roles.
- Resham Filili – The movie was released twice and was successful because of the popularity of the song Jalama.
- Nai Nabhannu La 4 – The fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise was as successful as it’s previous sequels. That is based on the response of the viewers in the last few day. The movie was released on last Friday.
- Bhairav – The comeback movie of Nikhil Upreti was also his directorial debut. The movie was a huge commercial success.
A clash between Namrata Shrestha, Sushma Karki and Pooja Sharma
On February 12, 2016 three awaited movies are being released in theater. Targeted for the Valentine Day, all three of them are love story movies. The movies ‘Classic’ features Namrata Shrestha with Aryan Sigdel, ‘Premgeet’ features Pooja Sharma and Pradeep Khadka and ‘Chalechha Batash Sustari’ features hot actress Sushma Karki in not-so-hot role. The clash between these three popular actresses is interesting in the Nepali film industry.
The movie featuring beautiful and talented actress Namrata Shrestha with the one of the top actors in the film industry, Aryan Sigdel is one of the most awaited movies in the Nepal. The movie presents a new type of story with both the leading characters being blind.
The premier show of ‘Prem Geet’ was held in Jaya Nepal theater on Wednesday, February 10, evening. The director of hit movie ‘Mero Euta Sathi Chha’, Sudarshan Thapa, was appreciated by the viewers of the movie. In the premier show, artists of the film, film makers, directors and other film artists were present at Jaya Nepal.
After the show, most of the participants have told that they liked the movie. Well known film makers Chhabi Raj Ojha and Bikash Acharya had also told that they appreciated the direction of Sudarshan Thapa.
Attached below are the songs of upcoming movie ‘Prem Geet’. The movie is scheduled to release targeting the Vealentine Day, on February 12, 2016 (another movie ‘Classic’ is also scheduled to release on the same date). The movie produced by Santosh Sen is directed by Sudarshan Thapa and features Pooja Sharma, Pradeep Khadka, Saroj Khanal, Rupa Rana, Laxmi Giri, and Rajaram Poudel in main roles. The movie is the second production of Aasusen Films after ‘Chanke Shankhe Pankhe’. The music of the movie was released in a program held in Pokhara earlier this month.
There are 5 different songs, in eight different tracks – including male and female versions of the songs. The music are composed by Arjun Pokharel.
UPDATE (November 17) – ‘Jaun Hinda Pokhara’ release date November 20 and ‘Adha Page’ date December 25 added.
Nepali year 2072 BS started on Tuesday, Baisaksh 1 (April 14, 2015). No new Nepali movies were released on the first Friday of the new year, on April 17. On the second week, April 24 new movie ‘Resham Filili’ was released and previously released film ‘Jhola’ was also re-released. On the very next day, devastating earthquake hit Nepal and and halted all the film activities for the next few months.
The earthquake was the reason behind no new film release for three months from April to July.
Full movie release calendar of 2072:
- April 24 (Baisakh 11) – Resham Filili and Jhola (re-release) – Read release news
- April 25 – (7.8 M Earthquake halted all film activities till July)
- July 3 (Ashad 17) – One Side Love (‘One Side Love’ release news)
- July 10 (Ashad 25) – Jungbhumi (‘Jungbhumi’ release news)
- July 17 –
- July 24 –
- July 31 (Shrawan 15) – Paap (‘Paap’ release news)
- August 7 (Shrawan 22) – Sapana Timro Mero (‘Sapana Timro Mero’ release news)
- August 14 – (no new releases)
- August 21 (Bhadra 4) – Hostel Returns (movie release news)
- August 28 (Bhadra 11) – Resham Filili and Bhairav (2 movies) (release news) (release news)
- September 4 –
- September 11 (Bhadra 25) – Luv Sab, Dhoon,
Jaun Hida Pokhara (2 movies)
- September 18 (Ashoj 1) – Woda Number 6 (release news)
- September 25 (Ashoj 8) – Kaamchor, Chankhe Shankhe Pnakhe, Highway to Dhumpus, Bhale Fight (4 movies release news)
- October 2 – Woda Number Chha (out of Kathmandu – report)
- October 9 (Ashoj 22) – Natiza (‘Natiza’ release news report)
- October 16 –
- October 20 (Kartik 3) –
Adhakatti (in theaters out of Kathmandu), Sushri
- October 23 (Kartik 6) – Adhakatti,
Chankhe Shankhe Pankhe, Paradeshi and Thamel dot com (5 movies including Sushri – release news) – 4 movies releasing on Fulpati.
- October 30 –
- November 6 (Kartik 20) – Bindaas 3, Naagarik (2 movies) (Bindaas 3 release news)
- November 13 (Kartik 27) – Lootera
- November 20 (Mangsir 4) – Kabaddi Kabaddi, Jaun Hinda Pokhara
- November 27 –
- December 4 – (Mangsir 18) – Chocolate
- December 11 – (Mangsir 25) – Lati, Agni,
- December 18 –
- December 25 (Poush 10) – Dhauli, Adha Page, Tista Pariko Saino (release news)
- January 1 – (Poush 17) – Bich Bato, Sneha, Dhauli (in Kathmandu) (release news)
- January 8 – Bagmati
- January 15 (Magh 1) – Fanko, Kafal Pakyo (2 films) – release news
- January 22 – Chhal – release news
- January 29 (Magh 15)- Pashupati Prasad, Refuge (release news)
- February 5 (Magh 22) – Kaifiyat, Superhit, Bindaas 3 (release news)
- February 12 (Magh 29) – Classic, Prem Geet, Chalechha Batas Sustari (3 movies – release news)
- February 19 (Falgun 7) – Fagu, Ko Afno, Soldier (‘Ko Afno’ release news) | Release news
- February 26 –
Khurpa (Khurpa release news)
- March 4 (Falgun 21) – Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai, Dreams (‘Fulai Fulko Mausam Timilai’ release news |‘Dreams’ release news)
- March 11 –
- March 18 –
Bhaag Saani Bhaag and Lakshya (release news)
- March 25 –
- April 1 – Makhamali
- April 8 (Chaitra 26) – Nai Nabhannu La 4, Rampyari (news about 6 movies releasing on same day.)
Although his Nepal return was controversial, Saroj Khanal seems to be all set to start his acting where he had left 17-years-ago. In the short time of his return, Saroj has already signed in two movies.
According to report, Saroj will be featured in character roles in movies titled ‘Prem Geet’ and ‘Dandi Biyo’. He told, he had studied the script before deciding in the movies.
‘Prem Geet’, being directed by Sudarsan Thapa, is in it’s pre-production stage and is expected to go to floor soon. The love story movie to feature Pooja Sharma was announced in a press meet on April 2.
The other movie, ‘Dandi Biyo’ is being directed by Nirmal Sharma (Gaida) is also expected to go on floor soon.