The life of the comedy actor Deepak Raj Giri is a full package or failures and successes. Let me summarize Deepak’s life in a three-point list:
- Failures and successes
- Friendship and family
- Collaboration and coordination
Before I go in details about each of the aspects of Deepak’s life, you can watch Deepak’s biography:
Failures and successes in Deepak Raj Giri’s life
When you look at the life of Deepak Raj Giri, it was nothing to laugh at. A comedy actor, Deepak, went through a very tough time while growing up. Some of the depressing moments of Deepak’s life:
- Mother died when he was 4. As a kid, Deepak didn’t know what mother’s love is.
- Failed SLC twice. The School Leaving Certificate (SLC) exam is considered the iron gate of our life. Being not able to pass the basic school exam is considered a total failure in Nepali context.
- Marriage aged 18. Having a responsibility of a wife at an young age is an added responsibility.
- Ran away from police training. He was about to become a police officer. But, the training proved to be too tough and he had to run away before the completion of the training.
- Kicked out of home – When he couldn’t get into job and won’t earn a living, his father decided to teach him the life lesson and asked him take his family and live on his own.
- The movie featuring Deepak Raj Giri in leading role, ‘Sundar Mero Nam’ flopped.
Watch Deepak’s films
Nepali Movie – Woda Number Chha (Woda Number 6)
Starring – Deepak Raj Giri, Priyanka Karki, Deepa Shree Niraula, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Sitaram Kattel, Dayahang Rai, Kishor Khatiwada, Shiva Hari Poudel, Sandip Chhetri, Wilson Bikram Rai etc.
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Watch the full movie in a single part:
UPDATE: Hit New movies added in xnepali:
I wish xNepali readers a very happy new year 2073. On the new year, I am looking back on the movies released in 2072 BS. The year was a tragic because of the earthquake and huge amount of the loss of human and properties. The movie release and shooting were also affected for months because of the tragic event.
Note – This is only a list of top movies. These new movies aren’t yet available online. I will share the full movies when the producers make them available online.
10 Hit movies of 2072
- Dreams – Anmol KC starrer movie produced and directed by his father Bhuwan KC was superhit movie of 2072.
- Woda Number 6 – The movie produced by ‘Tito Satya’ comedy show team – Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma was superhit this year. It followed the last years hit release ‘Chha Ekan Chha’
- Kabaddi Kabaddi – The sequel of superhit movie ‘Kabaddi’ was similar to the original and it also received the similar success.
- Pardeshi – The movie made on foreign employment featuring Prashant Tamang and Rajani KC received a very good response from the viewers.
- Pashupati Prasad – The movie featuring Khagendra Lamichane and directed by Dipendra K Khanal was liked by the viewers. The movie is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have songs and fights.
- Prem Geet – Love story movie by director Sudarshan Thapa was also liked by viewers. The movie features Pradeep Khadka and Pooja Sharma in leading role.
- Classic – Another love story movie by director Dinesh Raut featured Aryan Sigdel and Namrata Shrestha in leadign roles.
- Resham Filili – The movie was released twice and was successful because of the popularity of the song Jalama.
- Nai Nabhannu La 4 – The fourth sequel of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ franchise was as successful as it’s previous sequels. That is based on the response of the viewers in the last few day. The movie was released on last Friday.
- Bhairav – The comeback movie of Nikhil Upreti was also his directorial debut. The movie was a huge commercial success.
In a program held in Kathmandu, the ‘Woda Number Chha’ team honored the artists and the technicians involved in the movie. The program organized in Indreni Foodland, the bonus of the income was also distributed. According to the production team, the movie had made a profit of Rs. 16 million.
In the event Deepak Raj Giri and Deepa Shree Niraula distributed the bonus and The Token of Love to the artists and technicians of the movie. Among the artists honored in the ceremony were Dayahang Rai, Priyanka Karki, Kedar Ghimire, Jitu Nepal, Rajaram Poudel, Wilson Bikram Rai and Deepa Shree. The theaters who had earned them the most profit were also honored in the ceremony.
Popular comedy serial ‘Tito Satya’ has celebrated its 600th episode on Thursday, October 1, 2015. It has been 12 years since the weekly comedy serial started its tele-cast in Nepal Television. In the past 12-years the theme of the serial was similar – making fun of the current events and portraying the life of a typical resident of Kathmandu. Because of Kathmandu focus of the serial, the serial wasn’t less popular in places out of the valley. Another similar serial ‘Meri Bassai’ was more of the life in villages and was popular among the people from villages. These two and another serial ‘Jire Khursani’ had been quite popular in Nepal Television for a long time. A new comedy serial ‘Bhadragol’ has also gained a lot of popularity these days.
The director and the writer of the serial, Deepak Raj Giri has realized the theme being the same for a dozen years and has promised to change it for the betterment in coming days. Starting this week, Deepak is planning to change the artists, story, style and the message. Deepak told that he will introduce new artists and Deepak will appear less in the future episodes.
Nepali movie ‘Woda Number Chha’ was released in theatres in Kathmandu on September 18, 2015. Because of the uncertainity in the the places out of Kathmandu, the release in other cities in Nepal had been postponed.
‘Woda Number Chha’ profile
Nepali Movie – Woda Number Chha
Director – Ujjwal Ghimire
Banner – Aama Saraswoti
Release Date – September 18, 2015
Genre – Comedy
Recommendation – Good comedy, good acting, well written script, original story and recommended.
‘Woda Number Chha’ Artists
‘Woda Number Chha’ Plot
The movie is set in Ward No. 6 in an unspecified village of Nuwakot. It is the story of five guys of Jhulebasti. The lives of the five guys is fun filled until one of the guys like the daughter of their master, Sushila. Then, Maoist insurgency also enters in the story-line. The movie however is not centered in Maoist war and doesn’t decide on whether the war was wrong or right. It only shows how and who benefited from the war.
This Friday, on September 18, Nepali movie ‘Woda Number Chha’ is released on theater. The unofficial sequel of the super-hit movie ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ is a solo release this week.
Because of the possibility of unrest after the release of the constitution of Nepal on Sunday, the release of ‘Woda Number Chha’ in theaters out of Kathmandu have been postponed. The distributor company AFD has decided to release the movie only the the theatres in Kathmandu. That is the reason, the promotion effort of the movie was focused only in Kathmandu.
After the success of ‘Chha Ekan Chaa’ the production team had teamed up to produce the second movie of similar theme and comedy. ‘Woda Number Chaa’ is directed by Ujjwal Ghimire and is produced jointly by Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula and Nirmal Sharma. The movie is produced under the banner of Aama Saraswoti Geeta Devi Movies. The movie features Priyanka Karki, Deepak Raj Giri, Deepa Shree Niraula, Jitu Nepal, Kedar Ghimire, Sitaram Kattel, Dayahang Rai, Nir Shah and others. The movie features choreography of Gambhir Bista and Shankar BC, VFx and Editing by Gautam Raj Khadka, cinematography of Deepak Bajracharya, action by Roshan Shrestha.