The life of the comedy actor Deepak Raj Giri is a full package or failures and successes. Let me summarize Deepak’s life in a three-point list:
- Failures and successes
- Friendship and family
- Collaboration and coordination
Before I go in details about each of the aspects of Deepak’s life, you can watch Deepak’s biography:
Failures and successes in Deepak Raj Giri’s life
When you look at the life of Deepak Raj Giri, it was nothing to laugh at. A comedy actor, Deepak, went through a very tough time while growing up. Some of the depressing moments of Deepak’s life:
- Mother died when he was 4. As a kid, Deepak didn’t know what mother’s love is.
- Failed SLC twice. The School Leaving Certificate (SLC) exam is considered the iron gate of our life. Being not able to pass the basic school exam is considered a total failure in Nepali context.
- Marriage aged 18. Having a responsibility of a wife at an young age is an added responsibility.
- Ran away from police training. He was about to become a police officer. But, the training proved to be too tough and he had to run away before the completion of the training.
- Kicked out of home – When he couldn’t get into job and won’t earn a living, his father decided to teach him the life lesson and asked him take his family and live on his own.
- The movie featuring Deepak Raj Giri in leading role, ‘Sundar Mero Nam’ flopped.
Watch Deepak’s films
Although there are may failures and many successes, there is one turning point where the failures start to turn around to become successes. That turning point in Deepak’s life is the period after he found Deepa Shree Niraula.
- Dhaniyaki Duniya – Deepak and Deepa were liked when they became Ram Bilash and Dhaniya in a radio comedy program, ‘Dhaniyaki Duniya’.
- Tito Satya – Deepak and Deepa continued their success journey in ‘Tito Satya’. They were featured husband and wife and the comedy serial. They are so into the family life in the serial that people considered them as real family.
- Chha Ekan Chha – Deepak and Deepa teamed with Nirmal Sharma and all the well known comedy actors to produce a movie titled ‘Chha Ekan Chha’. The movie was highly promoted in the popular comedy serials. The movie was successful, opening a new avenue in Deepak’s life. They decided to end ‘Tito Satya’ after more than 600 episodes in TV. (Full report on why Tito Satya closed)
- Woda Number 6 – The second movie of Deepak’s team got better review than ‘Chha Ekan Chha’ and was also successful. This movie ended the possibility of Deepak’s team’s return to Television.
- Chhakka Panja – The third movie, ‘Chhakka Panja’ introduced Deepa Shree Niraula as a director. The movie broke a lot of records in the Nepali film industry.
A report about ‘Tito Satya’ closure:
Friendship and family of Deepak Raj Giri
Deepak Raj Giri is a family man with two grown up sons and a daughter. Married at an early age, he was struggling while the kids grew up. Now, he is successful because of his friendship with another woman – an unmarried, beautiful and equally successful woman – Deepa Shree Niraula.
Thanks to ‘Tito Satya’, everybody thinks Deepak and Deepa are husband and wife. They are always seen together while Deepak’s wife, Menuka Giri, rarely appears publicly. Keeping the balance between the family life and the relationship with Deepa Shree should have been a real challenge to Deepak Raj Giri.
- Wife – Menuka Giri
- Daughter – Mausami Giri
- Son – Dipesh Raj Giri
- Son – Prasiddha Raj Giri
Deepak’s daughter Maushami Giri, wife Menuka Giri, Deepak Raj Giri, son Prasiddha Raj Giri and son Dipesh Raj Giri (from Left to Right, Dashain 2014 photo)
Collaboration and coordination
The success of Deepak is the result of the successful collaboration and coordination between the various people involved in his journey. Starting ‘Dhaniyaki Duniya’, Deepak and Deepa had been collaborating and coordinating in their comedy shows. Deepak has been a good writer when Deepa an equally talented actor and writer.
While producing ‘Tito Satya’ they teamed with various comedy artists. Some, went a long way and others took separate paths. But, the relationship between Deepak and Deepa remained strong and consistent. With the help of another friend – Nirmal Sharma, they produced the first movie ‘Chha Ekan Chha’.
They used the collaborative approach in producing the movie. All the artists had some share in the production of the movie. The funding was done in such a manner that every artists could call the movie their own production. The success of the movie also helped them in getting their share of revenue. I think, the collaborative approach was very successful in terms of its promotion. All comedy serials at that time ‘Tito Satya’, ‘Meri Bassai’ and ‘Jire Khursani’ promoted the movie in their program.
Deepak and Deepa (Dashain 2016)