It is a surprising turn in the story of Little Buddha, Buddha Boy, Ram Bahadur Bomjon. After an extensive search of his residence and Ashrams, the police hasn’t been able to locate Bomjon. His followers claim the he is in Sindhuli Ashram. But, the police hasn’t meet the illusive Dharma guru.
Where might have he been gone?
Nepali Movie – Doli
Starring – Prithvi Raj Parsai,Kishor Khatiwada
Director – Raj Bahadur Sane
A heart touching movie – social drama by Raj Bahadur Sane. Sane is known for producing action movies. The viewers have liked the acting of the little actor and the story of the film.
Watch the full film:
The marriage ceremony between actress Barsha Raut and Sanjog Koirala was held at Hotel Raddison. The event was held among close friends and families. No media was allowed to record the wedding. Only the official photographers and videographers were allowed to record the event.
Previously, actress Nisha Adhikari had done similar wedding. No media was allowed in the marriage ceremony either.
Prior to the marriage, the new couple were preparing for the big day on Valentine Day. On Feb 12, they performed the engagement ceremony. The event was also a private function with close friends and family members.
On February 13, there was a Mehandi ceremony amongst Barsha’s close friends. Present in the ceremony was actress Priyanka Karki.
Two days before the marriage, actress Barsha Raut and actor Sanjog Koirala got married in an event held in a hotel in Kathmandu. The event was held among their friends and families.
Barsha Raut debuted in Nepali film industry in one of the sequels of ‘Nai Nabhannu La’. She had acted in some of the superhit films like Jatra and Chahkka Panja sequels.
The actress of films like Naikee, Jhelee, Lukamari, Sushree – Surabina Karki, has been struggling to get roles in Bollywood films.
Watch ‘Naikee’ here
Watch ‘Jhelee’ here
Watch ‘Lukamari’ here
Watch ‘Sushree’ here
Rabi Lamichhane and investigative journalist has been running this popular TV program – Sidha Kura Jantasanga for a while. He has been doing social work with this program for a while. In this episode of the program Lamichhane discusses:
– How Libiya has become the human trafficking transit point. A lot of Nepali struck in Libiya have been in contact with the program host.
Lamichhane is helping to rescue those in Libiya.
A heartbreaking phone call from a sugarcane farmer in Saptari.
Watch the full program:
Ko Banchha Crorepati is a new Nepali television show – a franchise game show based on the British reality TV Show – Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
The show was premiered on 2 February 2019 on AP1 Television and is scheduled to run for 52 episodes. The host Rajesh Hamal has changed his getup by cutting his hair short for the show. The question-answer contestant awards 1 crore (10 million) Nepali rupees to the person who can answer all the question in a particular episode.
Rajesh Hamal hair style:
Nepali Film – Muna Madan
Starring – Usha Poudel, Dipak Tripathi, Subhadra Adhikari, Mithila Sharma, Bijay Lama, Dinesh DC etc.
Director – Dayaram Dahal
The lyrical book by Laxmi Prasad Devkota is one of the most popular bestseller in Nepal. The book is taught in school and colleges. The film is based on the book about foreign employment in the time almost half a century ago.
Watch the full film:
Niruta Singh was once the number one actress and Bhuwan KC another number one actor of their time. Here is a latest interview of the two:
Dhurmus and Suntali – the comedy actor duo had been quite successful in fund raising for their social work. While working for others, they have been able to do good to themselves. Now, they are working to raise fund – a whooping Rs. 3 Arba (3 Billion) to construct the stadium.
It would certainly be a challenge for them to collect such a large sum from Nepali foreign workers – who are mostly unskilled labour forces. In their past social work, they had collected huge sum of money. They were appreciated by the people for their selfless work.
I think stadium is a challenge because of the following facts:
- Dhurmus and Suntali have stopped their main job – to make people laugh. They have stopped appearing in TV and films and they have made “social work” their main job. This, I guess, wasn’t what people have wanted and they have started questioning their motives.
- When it was for some poor people, people were willing to set aside a little fund. But, when it is about a stadium – that no poor person will use, people will be skeptical in donating their hard earned money. There is not incentive of feeling happy on helping some poor and disadvantaged group of people.
- In smaller projects – the help was tangible. They could seen the progress of something being built. But, in a large project – it takes a longer time. Dhurmus-Suntali have anticipated it to be completed in 2 years (that is a long time). In most of that time, the building won’t even start – or even it starts – progress will not be visible.
- 3 Arab is a large sum of money. When Dhurmus and Suntali started their work in Giranchowk, they were the only people asking for donation. Now, a lot of others are doing the same. For example, Shree – Shweta foundation is building Majhi Basti (she has complained that there is not enough funding). Rabi Lamichhane Foundation is building a hospital in Raskot. Priyanka Karki has started her own foundation – Ayanka Foundation and there are a lot of other organizations. They will all be going to the same people to ask for money. Can they afford to donate all of them? I doubt.
- People have started questioning the integrity – specially when they don’t have any apparent sources of income. For example, Mukunda Ghimire, has created the following photo of Kunjana Ghimire, Suntali.
Here is a video of the interview of Ram Bahadur Bomjon’s wife and son.
Ram Bahadur Bomjon was the guy who had created a huge news when he stayed motionless without eating or sleeping under a tree for a long time.
For the first time after marriage Neikata Poudel has spoken with the media about her marriage and her resignation.
Nikita has resigned from the Film Development Board to start working in a hospital in Remote Karnali region. This is a social work to be built under a newly formed Rabi Lamichhane foundation. The hospital named Raskot Community Hospital was announced in January – right after Rabi and Nekita got married.
Rabi Lamichhane is a Nepalese television presenter who set the world record for hosting the longest-ever television talk show. He is affiliated with News24 Television and the interview show was telecasted in April 2013.
One of the most popular TV journalists in Nepal Rabi Lamichhane has married Nikita – daughter of a TV station owner – TV filmy, Uddav Poudel.
A tussle between the government and a political appointee of the previous government has ended after she couldn’t sustain the pressure. I guess, it wasn’t a pleasant experience working with a minister who had actually removed you from the post previously. The minister of information and technology, Gokul Baskota wasn’t a fan of the chairman of Film Development Board. The daughter of a film maker Uddav Poudel, Nekita Poudel, had managed to get appointed to the post at the time when the Sher Bahadur Deuba government was paving way for KP Oli to take over. The appointment was against the warning of KP Oli. Keeping his promise, KP had removed Poudel from the post. But, the Supreme Court had reinstalled her to the seat.
Now, when the minister had ordered his subordinate to start the procedure of her removal from the post, Nekita has resigned from the post.
The first episode of the Nepali version of Who wants to be a Millionaire has started in Nepal. The winner of the contest is awarded Rs. 1 million (which is 100 times less than a $1 million that the winners of US contest win).
The show is similar to the show held in India by Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan. For the show, the host, Rajesh Hamal, had redesigned his hair style. Rajesh Hamal is known for his slightly longer hair. He used to be strict when his hair style was concerned. He didn’t change his hair style throughout his acting career.
A video report about Rajesh Hamal’s new hair style:
Well known film artist, BS Rana, has died on February 1, 2019. He was sick for a while and was being treated in Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu.
BS Rana is known for his role as Jung Bahadur Rana in ‘Seto Bhag’. He was also featured in ‘Basanti’ and a lot of other films. (BS Rana films)
I wish Rana rest in peace.
Watch Jung Bahadur’s love story video.