On April 28 we lost a Bollywood and Hollywood actor Irrfan Khan – one of the most talented actor of all time. The very next day, on April 29, Bollywood lost another superstar, Rishi Kapoor. That was a double loss to Bollywood film industry.
After the death of Irrfan Khan, Anand Nepal YouTube channel viewers had asked me to do a biography of Irrfan. I wasn’t keen on making one because, I only talk about things related to Nepal and Bollywood is Indian film industry. But, later I found out Irrfan’s Nepal connection and hence decided to do a biography. While going through his social media post, I found:
– He was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in March of 2018
– He went to UK for treatment and went through a-year-long treatment in London.
– He returned back to India in April of 2019.
– Right after returning he did a movie ‘English Medium’. The movie was released in March 2020. Irrfan had talked about the film in his social media. His last post was about the movie.
– On April 27, all of a sudden he fell ill, was rushed to hospital. According to media report, the complication wasn’t related to cancer. He was told to be cancer free.
– He died on April 28, 2020
I made a short biography about Irrfan Khan: