On April 28 we lost a Bollywood and Hollywood actor Irrfan Khan – one of the most talented actor of all time. The very next day, on April 29, Bollywood lost another superstar, Rishi Kapoor. That was a double loss to Bollywood film industry.
After the death of Irrfan Khan, Anand Nepal YouTube channel viewers had asked me to do a biography of Irrfan. I wasn’t keen on making one because, I only talk about things related to Nepal and Bollywood is Indian film industry. But, later I found out Irrfan’s Nepal connection and hence decided to do a biography. While going through his social media post, I found:
– He was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in March of 2018
– He went to UK for treatment and went through a-year-long treatment in London.
– He returned back to India in April of 2019.
– Right after returning he did a movie ‘English Medium’. The movie was released in March 2020. Irrfan had talked about the film in his social media. His last post was about the movie.
– On April 27, all of a sudden he fell ill, was rushed to hospital. According to media report, the complication wasn’t related to cancer. He was told to be cancer free.
– He died on April 28, 2020
I made a short biography about Irrfan Khan:
The reason I did this video was because Irrfan was a friend of a well known Nepali theater personality Sunil Pokharel. He had also assisted people in Nepal during the Earthquake of 2015. He had travelled to Nepal in 2010. (edit: replaced wrong photo by one published in Annapurna Post.)
The next day, another well known actor of Bollywood, Rishi Kapoor died. I don’t know much about him and Nepal-connection, if any. All I know about him is that he was also diagnosed of cancer a few years ago and had underwent treatment. He died on April 29, 2020.
He was the member of influential Kapoor family in Bollywood. His son is a well known actor and other well known Kapoors in Bollywood are his relatives.
May Irrfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor rest in peace. They are huge loss to the Indian film industry.