What is in the unification document of CPN Maoist and CPN UML ?
CPN UML and CPN Maoist unification document was signed by
Prachanda (Puspa Kamal Dahal) and KP Oli. In addition to the party chiefs, Jhala Nath Khanal, Madhav Kumar Nepal, Bamdev Gautam and Ishwor Pokharel from UML signed the document. From CPN Maoist Center, Prachanda, Narayan Kaji Shrestha and Ram Bahadur Thapa had signed it. The agreement document states that two parties will be collectively called Communist Party of Nepal. They will have the Marxist-Leninist sub-title.
Read the document:
Prachanda and PM, KP Oli signed the document in an event held in Baluwatar:
Summary of the agreement:
1. The new unified party will be called “Nepal Communist Party”
2. The guiding principle of the party will be “Marxism-Lennism”
3. Both parties believe in peaceful multi-party competition and democratic principles.
4. A middle ground will be reached in the principles of the two parties. CPN UML has been adopting “Janatako Bahudaliya Janabad” and Maoists have the advocating “Maobad Ra Ekkaisau Shadtabdima Janabad”.
5. An interim political report will be prepared based on the agreement.
6. While protecting the achievements, nationalism, people’s rule and socialism will be promoted. These principles will be used in the economic transformation of the country.
7. The next party meeting will be a grand unification meeting.
Talking with the media, after the agreement, the CPN (MC) leader Narayan Kaji Shrestha told that the leaders have agreed on seven-point deal terming it as a key guideline for the unification of the parties. He told, the parties have decided to follow the principle of Marxism-Leninism.