As expected, Anmol KC’s movie ‘Kri’ was houseful everywhere. But, the response were not consistent. While some of the viewers have appreciated Anmol KC’s effort in the movie, others have criticized the movie as being very bad. It seems, a lot of viewers had much higher expectation from the movie.
The film makers had anticipated such response. So, they had released a half-backed song few days before the release of the movie. The film critics have rated the movie very low. For example, Gokarna Gautam of Nepal magazine has rated it 1.5/5. The review is titled “A stale story of revenge”
Summary of what Gokarna said:
- Anmol KC is bad at acting (That’s not a new ‘compliment’)
- In the past, Anmol was limited into lover-boy character, now he is seen in an action avatar.
- Script and directorial aspect of the movie is totally dependent on Anmol KC, like is previous movies. (And, they all were successful.)
- The technical aspect of the movie is exceptional.
After reading the reviews and negative reviews in Twitter, I am confident, ‘Kri’ will be a hit movie.
Story of ‘Kri’
A foreign employee, Abhaya (played by Anmol KC) has returned to his village in search of his childhood girlfriend Keshar (played by Aditi Budhathoki). But, Keshar doesn’t recognize Abhaya. While Keshar is still waiting for Abhaya, he din’t help her recognize him. When he wanted to introduce himself, it was too late. Being sad, Abhaya returns back to the city.
The movie is about the story whether Abhaya and Keshar get together or not. What problems they have to face and does the movie has a tragic end or a happy end.
The stereotype story – lover boy goes to village in search of a childhood girlfriend – villains came in between them. A childhood memento helped them to recognize each other. This story is seen in many films. The story of ‘Kri’ is similar.
- The looks and behaviour of the villain characters are new and interesting.
- Every scene in the movie is very good.
- The film team has spent a lot of money in terms of location, sets, dress of the artists and cinematography.
- There are a lot of fight scenes and the fight direction is attractive. The action in the movie is exceptional and not seen in any Nepali movies before.
- The torture by the characters in the film, the type of villains, relationship between the police and villains are done right.
- Sound design is very good.
- Cinematography is very good.
- The song ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ is good but another song ‘Jani Najani ‘ is equally bad.
- Anmol has done a very hard work to build his body.
- Both romantic and action roles of Anmol are attractive. He looks very good in his action roles. Anmol’s style of dialogue delivery and facial expressions are not natural. He is a bad actor.
- Anoop Bikram Shahi’s acting is also not good. Kameshowr Chaurasiay and Sudam CK look good in their acting.
- Anmol’s fans will like the movie. The film won’t help in increasing new fans.
- The film won’t increase the quality of Nepali film industry.
If Anmol fans will be happy – that is enough to make it a hit movie.Â The director might not have done a good job. Anmol’s acting has never been good according to critics. So, reviews don’t really matter in this regard.
à¤«à¤¿à¤²à¥à¤® à¤¹à¥‡à¤°à¥à¤¦à¤¾à¤¹à¥‡à¤°à¥à¤¦à¥ˆ à¤¬à¥€à¤šà¥ˆà¤®à¤¾ à¤›à¤¾à¤¡à¥‡à¤° à¤œà¥€à¤µà¤¨à¤®à¤¾ à¤…à¤¹à¤¿à¤²à¥‡à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤® à¤¹à¤²à¤¬à¤¾à¤¹à¤¿à¤° à¤¨à¤¿à¤¸à¥à¤•à¤¿à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤¥à¤¿à¤‡à¤¨à¤ à¥¤ à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¥‹ à¤¸à¥Œà¤à¤¾à¤—à¥à¤¯ à¤œà¥à¤Ÿà¤¾à¤‡à¤¦à¤¿à¤¨à¥‡ â€˜à¤•à¥ƒâ€™ à¤° à¤¬à¤¾à¤² à¤•à¤²à¤¾à¤•à¤¾à¤° à¤…à¤¨à¤®à¥‹à¤²à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¤à¤¿ à¤†à¤à¤¾à¤° à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤Ÿ à¤—à¤°à¥à¤¦à¤›à¥ à¥¤ à¤²à¥‹à¤•à¥‡à¤¸à¤¨, à¤•à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤®à¤°à¤¾ à¤° à¤‡à¤«à¥‡à¤•à¥à¤Ÿà¥à¤¸à¤®à¤¾ à¤•à¤°à¥‹à¤¡à¤à¤¨à¥à¤¦à¤¾ à¤¬à¤¢à¥€ à¤–à¤°à¥à¤š à¤—à¤°à¥à¤¨à¥‡ à¤° à¤•à¤¥à¤¾/à¤ªà¤Ÿà¤•à¤¥à¤¾à¤²à¤¾à¤ˆ à¥à¥¦-à¥®à¥¦ à¤¹à¤œà¤¾à¤°à¤®à¥ˆ à¤¨à¤¿à¤®à¥à¤Ÿà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤‰à¤¨à¥‡ à¤—à¤°à¥‡à¤ªà¤›à¤¿ à¤¯à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤¾ à¤«à¤¿à¤²à¥à¤® à¤¬à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¤¹à¤¨à¥à¤›à¤¨à¥ à¥¤
â€” Lenin Banjade (@lendaai) February 9, 2018
à¤¦à¥à¤ˆ à¤¬à¤°à¥à¤· à¤²à¤¾à¤—à¥‡à¤° à¤¬à¤¨à¤¾à¤‡à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤¬à¤°à¥à¤· à¤•à¥ˆ à¤¸à¤°à¥à¤¬à¤¾à¤§à¤¿à¤• à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¤à¥€à¤•à¥à¤·à¤¾ à¤°à¤¹à¥‡à¤•à¥‹ à¤à¤¨à¤¿à¤•à¥‹ à¤•à¥ƒ à¤¨à¥‡à¤ªà¤¾à¤²à¥€ à¤«à¤¿à¤²à¥à¤®
2 à¤°à¥à¤ªà¥ˆà¤¯à¤¾à¤ à¤¤à¤¿à¤°à¥‡à¤° à¤¹à¥‡à¤°à¥à¤¦à¤¾ à¤¨à¤¿ à¤˜à¤¾à¤Ÿà¥ˆ à¤²à¤¾à¤—à¥à¤¨à¥‡ à¤›à¥¤à¥¤
â€” ATOM (@krish_boom) February 9, 2018
à¤«à¤¿à¤¤à¤²à¥‹ à¤§à¤°à¤¾à¤²à¤¤à¤®à¤¾ à¤Ÿà¥‡à¤•à¥‡à¤° à¤ªà¥à¤°à¥‡à¤®à¤•à¤¥à¤¾ à¤¬à¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤› ‘à¤•à¥ƒ’à¤®à¤¾ , à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¥‹ à¤ªà¤¤à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤°à¤¿à¤²à¥‹ à¤° à¤¸à¥à¤µà¤à¤¾à¤µà¤¿à¤• à¤²à¤¾à¤—à¥‡à¤¨, à¤…à¤¨à¤¾à¤µà¤¶à¥à¤¯à¤• à¤¦à¥à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¦à¥à¤µà¤•à¤¾ à¤¦à¥ƒà¤¶à¥à¤¯à¤¹à¤°à¥ à¤¦à¥‡à¤–à¤¾à¤‰à¤¨à¥‡ à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¯à¤¾à¤¸ à¤—à¤°à¤¿à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤› , à¤…à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¤¨à¥à¤¤à¥ˆ à¤•à¤®à¤œà¥‹à¤° à¤¡à¤¿à¤°à¥‡à¤•à¥à¤¸à¤¨ à¤° à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¨ à¤—à¤°à¤¿à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤› ,à¤¡à¥à¤°à¥‡à¤¸à¤…à¤ªà¤®à¤¾ à¤ªà¤¨à¤¿ à¤–à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤² à¤—à¤°à¤¿à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤›à¥ˆà¤¨ , à¤šà¤²à¤šà¤¿à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤²à¥‡ à¤‰à¤ à¤¾à¤à¤•à¥‹ à¤µà¤¿à¤·à¤¯ , à¤…à¤¨à¤®à¥‹à¤²à¤•à¥‹ à¤¡à¤¾à¤¨à¥à¤¸ à¤° à¤…à¤à¤¿à¤¨à¤¯ à¤à¤¨à¥‡ à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤¶à¤¨à¤¿à¤¯ à¤› à¥¤ pic.twitter.com/cFLaEfuwHJ
â€” Sagar Neupane (@SagarNe09167719) February 10, 2018