As expected, Anmol KC’s movie ‘Kri’ was houseful everywhere. But, the response were not consistent. While some of the viewers have appreciated Anmol KC’s effort in the movie, others have criticized the movie as being very bad. It seems, a lot of viewers had much higher expectation from the movie.
The film makers had anticipated such response. So, they had released a half-backed song few days before the release of the movie. The film critics have rated the movie very low. For example, Gokarna Gautam of Nepal magazine has rated it 1.5/5. The review is titled “A stale story of revenge”
Summary of what Gokarna said:
- Anmol KC is bad at acting (That’s not a new ‘compliment’)
- In the past, Anmol was limited into lover-boy character, now he is seen in an action avatar.
- Script and directorial aspect of the movie is totally dependent on Anmol KC, like is previous movies. (And, they all were successful.)
- The technical aspect of the movie is exceptional.
After reading the reviews and negative reviews in Twitter, I am confident, ‘Kri’ will be a hit movie.
Story of ‘Kri’
A foreign employee, Abhaya (played by Anmol KC) has returned to his village in search of his childhood girlfriend Keshar (played by Aditi Budhathoki). But, Keshar doesn’t recognize Abhaya. While Keshar is still waiting for Abhaya, he din’t help her recognize him. When he wanted to introduce himself, it was too late. Being sad, Abhaya returns back to the city.
The movie is about the story whether Abhaya and Keshar get together or not. What problems they have to face and does the movie has a tragic end or a happy end.
The stereotype story – lover boy goes to village in search of a childhood girlfriend – villains came in between them. A childhood memento helped them to recognize each other. This story is seen in many films. The story of ‘Kri’ is similar.
- The looks and behaviour of the villain characters are new and interesting.
- Every scene in the movie is very good.
- The film team has spent a lot of money in terms of location, sets, dress of the artists and cinematography.
- There are a lot of fight scenes and the fight direction is attractive. The action in the movie is exceptional and not seen in any Nepali movies before.
- The torture by the characters in the film, the type of villains, relationship between the police and villains are done right.
- Sound design is very good.
- Cinematography is very good.
- The song ‘Yeti Yeti Pani’ is good but another song ‘Jani Najani ‘ is equally bad.
- Anmol has done a very hard work to build his body.
- Both romantic and action roles of Anmol are attractive. He looks very good in his action roles. Anmol’s style of dialogue delivery and facial expressions are not natural. He is a bad actor.
- Anoop Bikram Shahi’s acting is also not good. Kameshowr Chaurasiay and Sudam CK look good in their acting.
- Anmol’s fans will like the movie. The film won’t help in increasing new fans.
- The film won’t increase the quality of Nepali film industry.
If Anmol fans will be happy – that is enough to make it a hit movie. The director might not have done a good job. Anmol’s acting has never been good according to critics. So, reviews don’t really matter in this regard.
फिल्म हेर्दाहेर्दै बीचैमा छाडेर जीवनमा अहिलेसम्म हलबाहिर निस्किएको थिइनँ । त्यो सौभाग्य जुटाइदिने ‘कृ’ र बाल कलाकार अनमोलप्रति आभार प्रकट गर्दछु । लोकेसन, क्यामरा र इफेक्ट्समा करोडभन्दा बढी खर्च गर्ने र कथा/पटकथालाई ७०-८० हजारमै निम्ट्याउने गरेपछि यस्ता फिल्म बनिरहन्छन् ।
— Lenin Banjade (@lendaai) February 9, 2018
दुई बर्ष लागेर बनाइएको बर्ष कै सर्बाधिक प्रतीक्षा रहेको भनिको कृ नेपाली फिल्म
2 रुपैयाँ तिरेर हेर्दा नि घाटै लाग्ने छ।।
— ATOM (@krish_boom) February 9, 2018
फितलो धरालतमा टेकेर प्रेमकथा बुनिएको छ ‘कृ’मा , त्यो पत्यारिलो र स्वभाविक लागेन, अनावश्यक द्वन्द्वका दृश्यहरु देखाउने प्रयास गरिएको छ , अत्यन्तै कमजोर डिरेक्सन र सम्पादन गरिएको छ ,ड्रेसअपमा पनि ख्याल गरिएको छैन , चलचित्रले उठाएको विषय , अनमोलको डान्स र अभिनय भने प्रसम्शनिय छ । pic.twitter.com/cFLaEfuwHJ
— Sagar Neupane (@SagarNe09167719) February 10, 2018