NOTE: This post is an introduction to the woolen product Sunita Giri designs and sells. She has promised to give one to the winner of the Eye Contest, if the person resides in Kathmandu (the winner should collect it in person from her).
Bandanna is a woolen hair-band which can be used on both winter and summer seasons. As it provides warmth, winter is the best month to flaunt it. Some of the many uses of bandana are:
- It can be worn on neck to protect from wind chill.
- It helps in holding hair (specially long ones) in place.
- It can can also protect head and ears from chilling winds.
- Some use it inside helmet when driving bikes, as a cushion for head and ears.
- It can also be used as a fashion apparel.
If you were fed up with my writing, you will be relieved to know that a new writer, Sunita Giri, will be writing regularly. And, I have nowhere to go – so, I will also be writing.
Apart from writing, Sunita is a designer of woolen dress. Her favorite is bandanna (Dumb me, I didn’t know what they were until she showed me her photo wearing one). I wondered why it was called bandanna. Band makes sense but Anna doesn’t. I hope Sunita is mulling over my proposal to call them BandSunita or something like that.
She is also selling them if anybody is interested. Please fill in the form below if you have any questions about them or want to order.