Nobody can deny that Karishma Manandhar made huge blunder in the announcement ceremony of the new political party led by ex-Prime Minister Dr. Baburam Bhattarai. Although she made many mistakes, she had also done some appreciable work while emceeing the event. After going through the videos in which she has done a very bad job of being an announcer, I wanted to compile the things she had done better than others. Here is final result:
In the video, I have compiled the things she had done well. That doesn’t mean that she hadn’t done any mistakes. The reasons she had done mistakes in the event are:
- Karishma Manandhar wasn’t well prepared. She had done mistakes in pronouncing names and reading written words. If she had read the script before the event, she would have avoided most of such mistakes.
- Script issue – It seems, the script for Karishma wasn’t prepared that well. Made some good unscripted statements but, if it were written down, she might have delivered in better manner.
- Language problem – Karishma had used English language and Nepali languages in the stages. Although she told that she used English to address foreigners, she had used English to expressed her feelings – that too in wrongful way. It would have been better if she had adhered in one language.
- Personality confusion – There were a lot of speakers who were not favourable to the party she was affiliated to. For example, Nepali Congress and it’s leaders, CPN UML and its leaders and other leaders were clearly the competitor to Naya Shakti. It sounded uneasy when she tried to show her linkage to the Nepali Congress chief Sher Bahadur Deuba or CPN UML chief KP Oli.
- Reading letter from Bhutan – I think that was the biggest mistake Karishma made in the event. She shouldn’t have read the letter as she had difficulty pronouncing words and names in it.
Watch the video about Karishma’s blunder about the Nepali Congress leader Pradeep Giri: