In the 9-movies list of the nomination for the Foreign Language Films in Oscar Awards 2015, no Asian movies have been selected. Nepali movie ‘Jhola’ was one of the 83 Foreign Language films initially considered for the selection of the films.
- Argentina, "Wild Tales," director – DamiÃ¡n SzifrÃ³n
- Estonia, "Tangerines," director – Zaza Urushadze
- Georgia, "Corn Island," director – George Ovashvili
- Mauritania, "Timbuktu," director – Abderrahmane Sissako
- Netherlands, "Accused," director – Paula van der Oest
- Poland, "Ida," director – PaweÅ‚ Pawlikowski
- Russia, "Leviathan," director – Andrey Zvyagintsev
- Sweden, "Force Majeure," director – Ruben Ã–stlund
- Venezuela, "The Liberator," director – Alberto Arvelo
Five out of the 9 movies will make it to the final nomination, to be announced on January 15.
With this announcement of December 19, the Oscars dream of Nepali film ‘Jhola’ has been shattered. The only Nepali film nomination in the Oscars was Eric Valli’s film ‘Himalaya’ in the 72nd Academy Awards, 1999. The movie was made partly in Nepali language and partly in German language.
One of the biggest film award ceremony, the 87th edition of the Academy Awards ceremony is scheduled to be held on February 22 in Hollywood and is going to be televised live in 225 countries all over the world. (Source – from the official site).