A 2014 release movie ‘Jhola’ is based on a story by literature Krishna Dharabasi titled the same – ‘Jhola’. The story is about an ancient tradition – Sati culture, until it was banned in 1920s. In this culture a wife had to immolate herself upon her husband’s death. In the start, some women used to end their life on her husband’s death voluntary, but later women were forced to commit Sati even against their wishes.
For her role in the movie, actress Garima Panta had won the Best Actress award at the SAARC Film Festival held in Sri Lanka in 2014. The film was also selected in Nepal to represent the country in the the Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards. The movie however couldn’t succeed in being nominated for the award.
The writer Krishna Dharabasi and Manju Bimali are also featured in special appearance in the movie. Sujal Nepal is the child artist in the movie.Â The visual effects in the movie are prepared by Dinesh Jung Rana, colorist is Manoranjan Shrestha, singer is Sumnima Singh, lyrics / music / background score by Jason Kunwar, editing by Nimesh Shrestha, Himal Shrestha is the chief assistant director of the movie. Cinematography by Deepak Bajracharya, script is written by Dipak Alok, and the movie is jointly produced by Rajkumar Timilsina, Ramgopal Thapa and Sushil Shah.
Watch the full movie in a single part:
- Also read – Our review of ‘Jhola’
- The movie wasÂ premiered in â€“ KIFF 2014Â Film Festival (festival ran fromÂ January 27 to January 31, 2014)
- ‘Jhola’ was released on February 7, 2014 on theater
- ‘Jhola’ celebrated 52 days in theatre.
- Garima won the Best Actress award in SAARC Film Festival (festival ran from May 20 – May 25).
- The president congratulated Garima
- Artists Association honoured Garima Pant
- ‘Jhola’ won 4 awards in NFDC film awards.
- ‘Jhola’ was re-released on April 24 (a day before the Earthquake of 2015)
@AnandNepal à¤¹à¥‡à¤°à¥€ à¤¸à¤•à¤¿à¤¯à¥‹ à¥¤à¤•à¤¥à¤¾ à¤ªà¤¢à¥à¤¦à¤¾/à¤¸à¥à¤¨à¥à¤¦à¤¾ à¤œà¤¤à¤¿ à¤› à¤°à¤¾à¤®à¥à¤°à¥‹ à¤° à¤®à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤®à¤¿à¤• à¤¤à¥à¤¯à¤¸à¤•à¥‹ à¤à¤• à¤à¤¾à¤— à¤ªà¤¨à¤¿ à¤›à¥ˆà¤¨ à¤«à¤¿à¤²à¤¿à¤®à¤®à¤¾à¥¤ à¤° à¤ªà¤¨à¤¿ à¤•à¥‹à¤¸à¤¿à¤¸ à¤°à¤¾à¤®à¥à¤°à¥ˆ à¤› à¥¤
— à¤¸à¤°à¥‹-à¤¦à¤¾ (@One_Saroj) December 2, 2015