Well known media personality Rabi Lamichhane has launched a new television channel in an event held in Kathmandu. Lamichhane had recently left News24 television to start his own venture. In the Nepal’s first 4K television channel Lamichhane’s role will be of managing director.
The new channel is named Galaxy 4K. Rabi Lamichhane’s program in his previous TV station, News 24 TV is based on a low resolution SD (standard definition) technology. 4k has many times the screen pixel compared to SD.
Galaxy 4K Television has brought some of the best names in their field:
- Deepak Raj Giri is running a program called Crime Patrol Nepal
- Rajesh Hamal is running Ko Banchha Crorepati season 2
- A Hindi TV serial Ramayana will be telecasted in Nepali languge
- Saregama Lil Champs -another Indian reality TV show featuring Kali Prasad Baskota, Nhyu Bajracharya and Indira
- Ramesh Prasai will run a talk show “Lal Mohar”
- Rabi Lamichhane will run Sidha Kura .. (dot dot), The Leader and Kamka Kura. The leader will be a reality show that will be further announced in Baisakh.
- Mahabir Pun will run a technology program – Avishkar
The 24/7 TV station will feature regular news telecast.