The ill-fated day was June 1, 2001 – Jestha 19, 2058, Friday – whole family of the King, Birendra, was killed in a party held in the Narayan Hiti Royal Palace. There are unanswered question about the mysterious incident.
- The only immediate royal family member – Gyanendra Shah, Birendra’s brother was in Pokhara and was not invited in the party.
- Gyanendra’s son and wife were at the party. But the son, Paras Shah, was unharmed. Gyanendra’s wife Komal Shah sustained a bullet wound.
- Killed in the incident were the king Birendra, his wife queen Aishwarys, his sons Dipendra and Nirajan and the daughter Shruti all were killed.
- Birendra’s another brother Dhirendra was also killed in the incident.
- Dipendra who reportedly was drunk before the incident is accused of killing them all because of his affair with Divyani Rana.
I have prepared a video about how Dipendra met Devyani Rana for the first time:
Dipendra Sarkar, film
The maker of ‘Prem Geet’ and ‘Prem Geet 2’, Santosh Sen has announced a new movie about the love story of Dipendra Shah. The love story is based on a book titled ‘Maile Dekheko Durbar’ by one of the army officers of the royal palace who had seen Dipendra grow up in front of him.