Well known model Nikita Chandak was crowned the new Miss Nepal – Miss Nepal 2017 in an event held in Kathmandu on Friday, June 2, 2017. A representative of Morang, Chandak was selected from the pool of 19 contestant. Miss Nepal 2016, Asmi Shrestha crowned the new Miss Nepal. In addition to winning the crown, Chandak also wan Miss Confident and Miss Popular Choice awards. After winning the crown, Nikita will represent Nepal in Miss World 2017 beauty contest.
The runner up, Rojina Shrestha, was crowned Miss Nepal Earth 2017. Rojina will represent Nepal in Miss Earth 2017.
The second runner up, Niti Shah, was crowned Mis Nepal International 2017. Niti will represent Nepal in Miss International 2017.
The third runner up, Sahara Basnet was crowned Miss Nepal Asia Pacific International 2017. This is an additional crown introduced in the 2017 edition of Miss Nepal. Sahara Basnet will represent Nepal in Miss Asia Pacific International 2017.
Full video of the event.
The ill-fated day was June 1, 2001 – Jestha 19, 2058, Friday – whole family of the King, Birendra, was killed in a party held in the Narayan Hiti Royal Palace. There are unanswered question about the mysterious incident.
- The only immediate royal family member – Gyanendra Shah, Birendra’s brother was in Pokhara and was not invited in the party.
- Gyanendra’s son and wife were at the party. But the son, Paras Shah, was unharmed. Gyanendra’s wife Komal Shah sustained a bullet wound.
- Killed in the incident were the king Birendra, his wife queen Aishwarys, his sons Dipendra and Nirajan and the daughter Shruti all were killed.
- Birendra’s another brother Dhirendra was also killed in the incident.
- Dipendra who reportedly was drunk before the incident is accused of killing them all because of his affair with Divyani Rana.
I have prepared a video about how Dipendra met Devyani Rana for the first time:
Dipendra Sarkar, film
The maker of ‘Prem Geet’ and ‘Prem Geet 2’, Santosh Sen has announced a new movie about the love story of Dipendra Shah. The love story is based on a book titled ‘Maile Dekheko Durbar’ by one of the army officers of the royal palace who had seen Dipendra grow up in front of him.