The KP Oli government cabinet has become a 22-members team after the third expansion on March 16, 2018. 11 ministers and 4 state ministers were added on the day. The ministers were sworn in in a ceremony held at the residence of the president, Shital Niwas.
A video report on how Bina Magar was appointed the minster of Drinking Water:
The distribution of the ministers – with 6 new additions, there are 10 ministers from CPN UML. With 5 new addition, CPN Maoist Centre has now 7 ministers in the cabinet. These numbers don’t include the 4 state ministers.
- Pradeep Gyawali – Foreign Minister
- Gokarna Bista –
- Rabindra Adhikari – Tourism
- Sher Bahadur Tamang – Law
- Jagat Bahadur Sunar (Bishowkarma) – Youth and sports
- Raghubir Mahaseth – Physical and Infrastructure
- Thama Maya Thapa – Women and Children
- Lal Babu Pandit – Local Administration
- Ishwor Pokharel – Rakshya
- Yubraj Khatiwada – Finance
- Barshaman Pun – Energy
- Giriraj Mani Pokharel – Education
- Chakrapani Khanal – Agriculture
- Shakti Basnet – Foresty
- Bina Magar – Drinking Water
- Ram Bahadur Thapa – Home
- Matrika Yadav – Industries
- Padma Aryal – Health and Population
- Gokul Prasad Baskota – Information and Communication
- Dhan Bhadur Budha – Tourism
- Ram Kumari Chaudhari – Agriculture
According to reports, three more ministers will be added in the cabinet to make it within the limit of 25 ministers set by the Constitution of Nepal 2015.
KP Oli had however claimed that he will limit the number of ministers to 17. He broke his promise within a month of its announcement.
Oli and Prachand have reportedly promised the Madhesi parties two full ministers and one state minister. They however are yet to finalize on the terms and conditions.