What do Miss World 1994, Miss World 1997, Miss World 1999 and Miss World 2000 have in common?
One common thing is, they all are Indian and another, they all are Bollywood actresses.
- Aishwarya Rai was Miss World 1994 (very successful Bollywood actress)
- Diana Hayden was Miss World 1997 (a Bollywood actress)
- Yukta Mookhey was Miss World 1999 (a Bollywood actress)
- Priyanka Chopra was Miss World 2000 (very successful Bollywood actress)
The only Miss World from India, Reita Faria, Miss World 1966, pursued her career as a medical doctor and didn’t choose acting as her career. It is a coincidence that the new Miss World, who is also an Indian, Manushi Chhillar is also studying to be a medical doctor.
Will Manushi Chhillar also be an actress in Bollywood – time will surely tell. Chhillar was crowned the Miss World in the event held in China on November 18, 2017 by Miss World 2016, Stephanie Del Valle, of Puerto Rico.
The first Runner-Up is Miss Mexico, Andrea Meza and the second runner up is from England, Stephanie Hill. Other two in the Top 5 position were Miss France, Aurore Kichenin and Miss Kenya, Magline Jeruto.
Nikita Chandak in Miss World 2017
Miss Nepal World 2017, Nikita Chandak, was one of those Miss Nepal who could have made a new record but, she has to satisfy herself with the Top 40 position this year.
Miss Nepal 2017, Nikita is the first Miss Nepal who has been multitalented enough to be selected in the top positions in four different titles including Top 40 overall.
Here are Nikita’s position in different contests:
- Won Head to Head challenge
- 2nd in People’s Choice Award
- Top 9 in Multimedia Contest
- Top 20 in Beauty With a Purpose
- Top 30 in Top Model
- Top 40 in Miss World 2017
Based on her performance, a lot of people in Nepal had expected Nikita to be one of the Top 15 in the contest.
After the contest, Nikita has told that she is happy by what she has achieved. She wrote, “Thank you so much for all of your love. They are much more than what I deserve.”