Manoj Gajurel’s divorce is an unique case in Nepali entertainment industry. No other celebrity had sustained such a long married life and divorce after two decade. So far, it is apparent that no third person is involved.
The divorce is a puzzle because – Manoj hasn’t talked to media about divorce. He has confirmed it by writing a long statement in Facebook. But, he is yet to appear in video interviews. His ex-wife however has been quite vocal on the case. She has given vague details of the reasons they have separated. But, there is no concrete and decisive factor that had caused the divorce. Watch the following video report to know what is going on in their relationship.
What is the real reason?
Before deciding on the real reason – some facts need to be analyzed.
- 22 years of marriage.
- It was a love marriage. Manoj Gajurel did some bluff calls to Mina for a couple of months before they finally met.
- 20 years old son and 13 years old daughter.
- Manoj was 22 years old and Mina was 19 years old when they got married.
- Manoj is inclined towards CPN UML (Communist) and Meena is inclined towards Nepali Congress. Manoj is still active politically, Meena is not.
- Meena is a fashion designer by training.
- Meena had started a fashion boutique before. But, she had to close it down earlier. Now, she has decided to start the similar business in partnership with her daughter.
- He and Mina come from different background and upbringings.
- Meena is an angry woman. He thought it was a mental problem and tried to solve by medication.
- Now, they are officially separated and have done so in mutual understandings.
- All the property is divided into four parts – among Manoj, Meena, son and daughter.
- The daughter stays with the mother and the son stays with the father.
Meena has told a lot of different things in different interviews. Some of them seem important others don’t. I will only summarize some of the statements that might have contributed to the decision they made.
- Everybody at her maternal home call her “Menu” but, Manoj never called her by her pet name. (Her expectations were not met.)
- Manoj didn’t want Meena to be active. He tried to stop her from being active out of home.
- Meena wanted to be free. She wants to be active in politics, she wants to try her singing skills, and she also wants to succeed in business.
- Meena get angry fast but, she also calms down after a while. The anger was linked to mental illness and she took medication for two years. Later it was found out that the medication was unnecessary. Meena accuses Manoj of keeping her under unnecessary medication.
- Astrologically they don’t match. The astrological signs of Manoj and Meena both is Leo. Meena believes that was one of the reasons they didn’t match.
Based on these facts, I think the real reason of the divorce is the desire of Meena Dhakal to get control of her life. It seems, she has a feeling of being on the shadow of the will known personality in Nepal.