After numerous delays and hurdles, the shooting of the movie based on a popular novel by Subin Bhattarai, ‘Summer Love’ has started. The movie is expected to complete shooting in two months. The movie is going to introduce a well known personality in India in Nepali film industry – Rewati Chhetri. Rewati is one of the finalists of Miss India 2015. She had also won the Miss Popular and Miss Multimedia awards in the contest.
Summer Love delays and hurdles
A summery of the movie’s history
- 2013 – The novel was released in 2013. The novel was widely promoted and it became an instant hit. His book was reviewed by celebrities like Miss Nepal 2002 Malvika Subba and Miss Nepal 1997 Jharana Bajracharya. The book cover featured Prinsha Shrestha – the dethroned Miss Nepal Earth 2014.
- 2015, June – The movie was initially announced more than 2 years ago. ‘Nai Nabhannu La’ producer Bikash Acharya had agreed to produce it. (announcement news)
- 2016, April – ‘Dreams’ actress Samragyee RL Shah agreed to act in the movie, verbally (Samragyee in the movie).
- 2016, August – After the success of her debut movie, Samragyee’s rate went up and the film producers didn’t want to pay the high price. (In Search of cheap actress)
- 2016 – The film team started searching for the lead actress in the movie in Nepal and Australia. But, the effort was fruitless.
- 2017, March – Rewati Chhetri announced to be the actress. Ashish Piya was signed in to play opposite to Rewati. Other artists were yet to be finalized at the time. Later, Namrata Sapkota was also announced to be featured in the movie. (Rewati and Ashish in the movie)
- 2017, August – Shooting starts. In the meantime, Bikash Acharya left the production team and started working with ‘Chhakka Panja 2’ team.