The biggest festival in Nepal, Dashain is celebrated today by taking tika and best wishes from elders. We have collected photos of Nepali celebrities’ Dsahain celebration to share with our readers.
A slideshow video (not available now)
Actress Rekha Thapa and ‘Himmatwali‘ actor Sudarshan Gautam take tika from ‘Maun’ director Samjhana Upreti Rauniyar and Bikash Rauniyar:
Rekha and Sudarshan also took tika from Karishma Manandhar and Binod Manandhar:
Kala Subba was born in Hong Kong and was brought up in Dharan. Kala has established herself as a good radio jockey (RJ) and a choreographer. Trained in Kathak dance, Kala started as a model. In her struggle days, she had participated in various beauty contests including Miss Nepal 1996. She had won Miss Talent award in the contest. In 2000, Kala was also awarded the Best Female Model of the year 2000.
Notable works of Kala Subba:
- Kala is a radio presenter in Hits FM 91.2.
- As a choreographer, Kala has choreographed almost a hundred fashion shows and beauty pageants. Some of the notable events she choreographed are Miss Nepal Hong Kong, Miss Teej, and Miss Limbu beauty contests.
- In the past she had also worked as a VJ and a producer in Channel Nepal for about four years.
- Kala has also directed music videos, a promotional video ‘Numafung’.
- Kala conducts RJ/VJ trainings
- Trainings on public speaking and personality development
Kala being awarded Miss Talent award in Miss Nepal 1996.