Awards in 20 different categories were awarded in the NFDC National Film Awards 2071 held in the Army Officers Club in Kathmandu. In the event the movie made on a traditional sati practice, ‘Jhola’ has won four different awards including best movie, best director, best actress and best character actress awards.
‘Jhola’ won ‘Hira Best Movie award’, it’s director Yadav Bhattarai was awarded ‘Prakash Best Director’, it’s lead actress Garima Pant was awarded ‘Bhuwan Best Actress’ award and it’s character actress Laxmi Giri was awarded ‘Basundhara Supporting Actress’ award.
Other winners include:
- Aryan Sigdel won ‘Shiva Best Actor’ award.
- Ramesh Budhathoki was awarded ‘Nir Best Supporting Actor’ award.
- Arpan Thapa won Chetan Best Script Writer
- Gaurav Pahadi was awarded ‘Bishow Best New Actor’ award
- Sujata Koirala got ‘Chaitya Best New Actress’ award
- Amit Shrestha was awarded ‘Pradeep Best Sound’ award
- Purushottam Pradhan was awarded ‘Manju Best Cinematographer’
- Rajendra Khadgi got ‘Bhutani Best Action’ award
- Badri Lamichhane got ‘Tulasi Best Editing’ award
- Alisha Karki got ‘Shubha Best Background Score’ award
- Kabiraj Gahatraj was awarded ‘Basanta Best Choreography’
- Prem Pariyar got ‘Udit Best Singer’ award
- Basanta Sapkota got ‘Shambu Best music director’ award
- Nai Nabhannu La 2 was awarded ‘Kusume Rumal best movie’
- Shati Priya got ‘Puskar Film Journalism’ award
- Prabin Shrestha and Sunil Manandhar got ‘Maha Best