Rajesh Hamal is celebrating his 53rd birthday on June 9, 2017. It has almost been three decades since Hamal started his acting career in ‘Yug Dekhi Yug Samma’. The debut movie of the producer, Chhabi Raj Ojha and directed by Hamal’s maternal uncle, Deepak Rayamajhi, the movie became a super hit movie. The success of the movie established Hamal as a credible actor.
Rajesh Hamal didn’t have his family’s support in the initial days of his acting career. As the film industry was also in its initial stage, no actors were professional actors in those days. Hamal says that the film industry grew with is filmy career. Watch an inspiring speech given by Hamal to the students in an Indian University a while ago:
[Read biography of Rajesh Hamal and a list of his movies]
Rajesh Hamal timeline
- 1964 – Rajesh Hamal was born on June 9, 1964 in Palpa, Nepal. Hamal’s father was Chuda Bahadur Hamal and mother Renu Hamal.
- Schooling in India, Pakistan and Russia (USSR at that time), and also studied in Nepal for a year at St Xavier’s School in grade eight.
- 1985 – Modelled in Fashion Net, an Indian fashion magazine.
- 1986 – Walked as a ramp model at Kathmandu and New Delhi in 1986
- 1988 – Rajesh Hamal was initially signed in ‘Bhagya Rekha’. But, after shooting for a few days, he was replaced by another actor.
- 1989 – Release of “Yug Dheki Yug Samma”, the debut movie of Rajesh Hamal.
- 1994 – Most number of movies in a single year. 16 films featuring Rajesh Hamal were released in 1994. In other years he used to do 10-12 films in a year.
- Rajesh Hamal’s favourite films are ‘Dewata’ and ‘Basanti’.
- 2014 – Got married with Madhu Bhattarai. The marriage ceremony was held a few days before his 50th birthday.