UPDATE : It is a sad news. Nikita couldn’t make it to Top 15.
It is Miss World 2017 Coronation Night Tonight, on November 18, 2017. Our Miss Nepal World, Nikita Chandak, is the first Miss Nepal to reach that close to the crown because, in addition to being one of the Top 40 in the contest, she has also been successful in being:
- Winner of Head to Head challenge
- Top 8 in Multimedia Contest
- Top 10 in People’s Choice Award (Winner is yet to be announced)
- Top 20 in Beauty With a Purpose
- Top 30 in Top Model
- Top 40 in Miss World 2017, overall (Winners, higher ranks, are yet to be announced)
The coronation night of the 67th edition of Miss World is being held at Sanya City Arena in China on November 18. The Miss World will be chosen from the pool of 118 contestants from all over the world.
The 20-years-old Miss Nepal World, Nikita Chandak, has told that she will give her absolute best in an effort to make a history for Nepal. If Nikita wins the crown, that would be a greatest achievement. Even if she could get into Top 5 that would still be a national record. The highest any Nepali contestant in Miss World had reached is Top 10 in 2013 (Ishani Shrestha).
In her Instagram post Nikita has written, “Let’s have the positive energy flow at the highest frequency. LET’S HAVE A MIRACULOUS DAY.”
She has written that she will give her 100 percent without letting the stress of the result bother her. She adds, “… this year, history would be made by NEPAL in the stage of the WORLD.”
The coronation night show starts at 7:30 PM local time that would be 5:15 PM in Nepal. The event is expected to last for about three hours. Miss World 2016, Stephanie Del Valle, of Puerto Rico will crown the new Miss World at the end of the event.
Miss Nepal 2013, Ishani Shrestha told that there will be a live telecast in Zoom TV. It is expected that the event will also be streamed live in YouTube or the official website of Miss World.
Nikita’s Instagram post:
* 18th NOVEMBER, 2017 * Finally the day is here. I know all of you have lots of hopes and expectations from me. You have a lot of faith in me. You have been showering your love and blessings, keeping me in your prayers so that this year, history would be made by NEPAL in the stage of the WORLD. 😇 I am extremely grateful for all of that. It is definitely a source of motivation for me to give my best and that's what I am gonna do tonight. Give my 100%, without letting the stress of the results bother me. ✨ Let's have the positive energy flow at the highest frequency. 🙏 LET'S HAVE A MIRACULOUS DAY. 🙏✨😇 #MW #MW2017 #MISSWORLD #MISSWORLD2017 #NIKITACHANDAK #NEPAL #GRATEFULTOTHEUNIVERSE #Withthefaithinthejourneybegun #LETTHISYEARBEMIRACULOUS #BELIEVEINMIRACLES #HISTORYINMAKING #MANIFESTATIONPOWER 🙏✨😇 🇳🇵🇳🇵🇳🇵