On the request of the Film Development Board (FDB), the police in Pokhara has arrested the entire shooting crew of upcoming controversial movie, ‘Jism’. Talking to an online media, FDB chief, Rajkumar Rai has confirmed that the arrest was made after the request of the Board. Watch a video report on the incident:
Why was ‘Jism’ unit arrested?
According to Rajkumar Rai (FDB chair):
- ‘Jism’ script wasn’t approved by the FDB. The Board members were still discussing on the whether the movie should be approved.
- Rai says, Giri was arrested because he didn’t listen to the board. Rai had told that he had called Giri and asked him to stop the shooting but, he didn’t comply to his order.
- The Board is discussing if Archana Paneru should be allowed to be featured as an actress in Nepali movie.
According to Raju Giri (‘Jism’ director):
- Raju Giri and the film production team had submitted the script of the movie to the Film Development Board on 20th. He had also paid all the dues to the FDB for the script registration.
- When he the script wasn’t approved till the 23rd, the film production team had gone to Pokhara to commence the shooting.
- Raju Giri claims that the story of the movie is very good and there is no reason FDB should not approve it.