A while ago, Nepali superstar Rajesh Hamal was in New Delhi during his tour for the Quiz program he has been running for the last few years. Hamal was invited by the Nepali students at Sharada University to meet and greet them. During the event, Rajesh Hamal gave an Inspiring speech.
Watch the video highlights of the inspirational speech:
Summary of the speech:
- Rajesh Hamal started his kindergarten in Pakistan when his father was posted at the Nepali Embassy in Pakistan.
- Next year, his father was posted at the Nepali embassy in India. Hamal studied his grade 1 in New Delhi.
- Later, in the 1980s, his father was again posted in New Delhi as the ambassador. Hamal lived in India from the early 80s to 1989, till the time he started acting in Nepali movies.
- Hamal’s father was later posted in Pakistan, where he breathed his last breath.
- Hamal told that he spent “the prime time” of his life in Delhi and was deeply connected to the place. He saw himself in the students in the audience. He remembered the fun time he had, foods he ate, and the unbearable heat he had to go through.
- When he started acting in Nepali movies, it was a very uncertain time. Nepali movies were made every one or two years and there was no career as an actor. His family members were not supportive to his choice of profession.
- But, as the time passed the Nepali movie industry also progresses. His popularity and the film industry grew simultaneously.
- Hamal tells everybody to follow their passion. They should give their inner desire a try.
In Hamal’s words, “I tried something new …. Do not hesitate to try something new. Give it a try. You never know, you might reach the place where no one else has reached before.”
INAS Award nominations were announced on November 5, 2016. Right after the announcement, the organization’s Nepal Chapter members were not happy. That is not all, I think, nobody is interested or excited about yet another award. Although many accuse omission of some of the best movies, the the nominations are expected. The winners will most probably be the same one that had already won different awards for the same movie, same artists and category. I am sure, many winners won’t go to receive the award.
UPDATE: Infographics showing how all the awards are repeating the same artists and films (click for bigger image):
INAS Award controversy started right after the nomination
(Read – Summary of 4th INAS Award Nomination)
Some of the members of INAS (International Nepalese Artists Society) have expressed their dissatisfaction over the nomination on the award. When two successful movies ‘Woda Number 6’ and ‘Prem Geet’ were not nominated in any categories, some of the members accused that the jury had made decision without even watching the movie.
Nepali movie – Dharma (2011)
Starring – Rajesh Hamal, Nikhil Upreti, Manisha Koirala, Samyog Pokhrel, Anu Shah, Rejina Upreti, Samyog Pokhrel, Shankar Acharya, Gajit Bista etc.
Director/script – Diperndra K Khanal
Romantic and action packed Nepali movie ‘Dharma’ was released in 2011, featuring Manisha Koirala in lead role. ‘Dharma’ is a presentation of Aasma Films by Diperndra K Khanal. The story and dialouge of the movie is written by Yougesh Rayamajhi and the movie is produced by Dr. Dugra Pokharel.
There is another old movie titled ‘Dharma’. Watch ‘Dharma’ here.
Full movie ‘Dharma’ in a single part: