In a statement actress Rekha Thapa has told that she had asked the organizers to honor herself. When they refused, she became the only winner of National Film to boycott the ceremony at the President’s residence.
Actress Rekha Thapa has accused the organizers of the National Award, Film Development Board, of asking money for the award. In addition to that she has also questioned the capability of the judges and the choice of winners. Here is the summary of Rekha’s statement.
- Rekha didn’t know about the SAARC Film Festival. If she had known, she would also have participated and might even have won awards.
- Garima Pant was considered a bad actress until she won SAARC award. If she won the award who became the second?
- She doesn’t know any Nepali movies participating the SAARC film festival beside ‘Sanghuro’ and ‘Jhola’.
- ‘Rhythm’ can’t be a best movie. The lead actor in ‘Rhythm’ is Jiwan Luitel not Wilson Bikram Rai who had won the best actor award for the movie.
- Lead actress in ‘Masan’ is Keki Adhikari not the winner of the best actress Neeta Dhungana . Keki, Priyanka Karki or Richa Sharma are better actress than Neeta.
- Wilson Bikram Rai and Neeta have no contribution to Nepali film industry when compared to Rekha Thapa or Rajesh Hamal.
- The jury is incompetent judges. Prakash Subedi, a half-hour-filmy program host doesn’t qualify to be a judge. Story writer Dhurba Chandra Gautam can’t judge acting.
- Jharana Thapa and Sunil Kumar Thapa are close to Pappu. That is the reason she won an award. In the past she used to win awards in Negative role for the same movie.
- Rekha knew about the final result. She had told the organizers to honor the contribution of Rekha Thapa and Rajesh Hamal. The organizers had asked money for awards.
- The communication minister had influenced to award Garima Pant for the year 2070.
- The award ceremony is a play of money and love-relationships.
- Rekha’s film ‘Kali‘ wasn’t in the competition.
We believe, these are very serious accusations.
Accusing government officials of asking money would warrant for a police case and the involvement of corruption investigation.
In most of the other award ceremonies Rekha’s film used to win most of the awards: