The National Film Award was held at the President’s residence, Shital Niwas. In the ceremony various awards were handed over to the movies released in the last four years.
After receiving the award of Best Actress for her role in ‘Masan’ Neeta Dhungana said, "National Award is not about nominations , popularity , lead role , or something its totally about the work that an artist does whether the artist has done side role or main role , 5 scenes or 50 scenes."
Jharana Thapa responded, "Today I was more than honored to receive a National Award for best Actress."
Senior musician and film artist Yadav Kharel was awarded with ‘Rastirya Dirgha Sadhana’ award of cash amount Rs. 3,51,111.
National Award winners Year 2067
‘Bato Muniko Phool’ that bagged 6 awards for 2067 release (Watch ‘Bato Muniko Phool’ ). Another movie ‘Kasle Choryo Mero Man’ (Watch ‘Kasle Choryo Mero Man’) and ‘Kohi Mero’ (Watch ‘Kohi Mero’) received one award each.
- Best Actor – Aryan Sigdel (Kohi Mero)
- Best Actress – Rekha Thapa (Bato Muniko Phool)
- Best Director – Suraj Subba ‘Nalbo’ (Bato Muniko Phool)
- Best Movie – Bato Muniko Phool
- Best editing awrd – Bipin Malla (Bato Muniko Phool)
- Best Art Director – Nirjal Shrestha (Kasle Choryo Mero Man)
- Best Script – Suraj Subba "Nalbo" (Bato Muniko Phool)
- Best Cinematography – Sanjaya Lama (Bato Muniko Phool)
National Award winners Year 2068
In the films released in 2068 – ‘Loot‘ won the most awards (3 awards), ‘Masan’ and ‘Andaaz’ bagged 2 awards each and ‘Pal’ won one award.
- Best Actor – Saugat Malla (Loot)
- Best Actress – Neeta Dhungana (Masan)
- Best Director – Ujjawal Ghimire (Andaaz)
- Best Movie – Masan
- Best editing awrd – Surendra Poudel (Loot)
- Best Art Director – Yogendra Shrestha (Loot)
- Best Script - Karna Shakya (Pal)
- Best Cinematography – Bishnu Kalpit Ghimire (Andaaz)
National Award winners Year 2069
10 awards were awarded to the movies released in 2069. ‘Notebook’ became the best movie with two awards. ‘Rhythm’ also bagged two awards. ‘Facebook’, ‘Maya’s Bar’, ‘Mero Katha’, ‘Vigilante’, ‘Dhanda’ and ‘Sumnima’ bagged one award each.
- Best Actor – Wilson Bikram Rai (Rhythm)
- Best Actress – Jharana Thapa (Facebook)
- Best Director – Dinesh DC (Maya’s Bar)
- Best Movie – Notebook
- Best editing award – Banish Shah (Notebook)
- Best Script - Dev Nepal (Mero Katha)
- Best Cinematography – Purushottam Pradhan (Vigilante)
- Best Make up artist – Neema Lama (Dhanda)
- Best Playback singer – Rajina Rimal (Rhythm)
- Cultural film Award – Sumnima
National Award winners Year 2070
‘Sanghuro’ became the best movie with 3 awards. ‘Nai Na Bhannu La 2’ bagged 2 awards. ‘Karkash’, ‘Shirish ko Phool’, ‘Jhola’, ‘Antaral’, and ‘Kusum’ bagged one award each.
- Best Actor – Sushanka Mainali (Sanghuro)
- Best Actress – Garima Pant (Jhola)
- Best Director – Dipa Basnet (Antaral)
- Best Movie – Sanghuro
- Best editing award – Lokesh Bajracharya (Karkash)
- Best Script - Binod Poudel (Sanghuro)
- Best Cinematography – Gauri Shankar Dhuju (Shirishko Phool)
- Best Music composer – Basanta Sapkota (Nai Na Bhannu La)
- Best Lyricist – Krishnahari Baral (Nai Na Bhannu La)
- Cultural film Award – Kusum
The award ceremony was very controversial. Unlike previous similar awards, very limited number of guests were invited in the ceremony. Out of the 323 invitations were sent a lot of invitees didn’t attend the ceremony.
It was surprising that the jury that selected the award wasn’t present at the ceremony.
2 thoughts on “The President distributed National Film Awards (winners list)”