With 7 awards, Nepali movie ‘Saayad‘ won the best film award in the National Film Award 2069. The film award ceremony was held on the occasion of 50-years of Nepali movies at Tribhuvan Army Club, Sundhara.
In addition to receiving ‘Hira’ Best Movie award, and ‘Kusume Rumal‘ Best Professional Movie Award, following ‘Saayad’ crew members were awarded five other National awards:
The director Suraj Subba ‘Nalbo’ received a cash prize of Rs. 101,000 and the ‘Prakash’ Best Director award and he also received Rs. 51,000 and ‘Chetan’ Best Script Writer award. Wilson Bikram Rai was awarded the ‘Nir’ Best Supporting Actor award. Cinematographer Sanjaya Lama was awarded the ‘Manju’ Best Cinematographer award. Actor Samyam Puri was awarded the ‘MaHa’ Jury National Award.
The ‘Shiva’ Best Actor Award was awarded to Jiwan Luitel for his role in "Malati Ko Bhatti’. Actress Neeta Dhungana was awarded the ‘Bhuwan’ Best Actress Award for her role in ‘Notebook’. Actress Karishma Manandhar was awarded ‘Basundhara’ Best Supporting Actress award for her role in ‘Maya’s Bar’.
Other award winners include:
- ‘Sambhujit’ Best Musician Award – Suresh Adhikari (Maya’s Bar)
- ‘Bhutani’ Best Fight Director Award – Chandra Pant (Hamesha)
- ‘Pradeep’ Sound Mixing Award – Sunayman Shrestha and Rajkrishna Shrestha (Phool)
- ‘Basanta’ Best Choreographer Award – Kabiraj Gahatraj (Ke Ma Timro Sathi Banna Sakchhu)
- ‘Puskar’ Film Journalism Award – Bidur Giri