Movies of Tulsi Ghimire :
Nepali Movie – Uma (Reecha Sharma, Saugat Malla, Dayahang Rai)
Nepali movie â€“ Darpan Chhaya 2 (Puspal, Sahara, Shraddha)
Nepali Movie – Kusume Rumal
Nepali Movie – Chino (Shiva Shrestha, Kristi Mainali)
Nepali movie – Darpan Chhaya
Nepali Movie – Anyaya
Nepali Movie – Mrigatrishna
Nepali Movie – Maya Ta Maya Ho (Update)
Nepali Movie – Sukha Dukha
Nepali Movie – Rahar
Nepali Movie – Bijaya Parajaya
Nepali Movie – Saait
Nepali Movie – Angalo Angaloma
Nepali Movie – Dui Thopa Aansu
Nepali Movie – Dui Kinara
Nepali Movie – Deuta
Nepali Movie – Lahure (1989)
One of the successful directors of the Nepali film industry, Tulsi Ghimire apart from being a good film director he is equally successful screenwriter, editor, cameraman, actor and lyricist.
Tulsi Ghimire was born in Sindeybong, Kalimpong, Darjeeling in India in 1951 (BS 2008 Ashad 31). Tulsi is the eldest son of Dhojman Ghimire and Narbada Ghimire and has two younger brothers and a sister. Tulsi Ghimire completed Bachelor of Arts from Kalingpong College. He entered film line after working in a job for some time.
He is married to Bharati Ghimire (Gazmer), a well known singer in many of his films. His brother Shrawan Ghimire is also a successful film producer. Tulsi’s children Bhawana Ghimire and Panchami Ghimire, have also acted in a Nepali movie for children “Swarg Ko Pari”.
Tusli Ghimire initially moved to Mumbai from Kalimpong in 1974 to work in the Indian film industry, Bollywood. Tulsi’s mentor and Bollywood editor Kamlakar Karkhanis had advised him to make Nepali movies at that time. Tusli debuted in Nepali movie industry by starting the Nepali movie “Bansuri” in 1981 as the director. Tulsi Ghimire made the second movie, Kusume Rumal, on his own story story and it was very successful.
Among his movies, Kusume Rumal, Lahure, Deuta, Chino, Balidaan, Dakshina and Darpan Chhaya are considered biggest hits. Darpan Chaya is considered to be one of the top grossing and the the biggest blockbusters of Nepali cinema.
Tulsi Ghimire is currently busy in an animated movie, the first in Nepali movie industry. The movie made on the story of Buddha is expected to be release in 2013 and will be dubbed in seven different languages. The moive was reported to cost over 80 million.
In a previous post, Tulsi Ghimire explains his initial struggle in his filmy career in his own words:
Move (Release Date) â€“ starring (Roles of Tulsi Ghimire -Awards if any)
- Bansuri (1981) Rajesh Panedy, Rajani Sharma (Director)
- Kusume Rumal (1985) Bhuwan KC, Tripti Nadkar, Udit Narayan Jha, Nir Shah (Director, Editor, Story writer)
- Anyaya (1988) Meera Madhuri, Biswa Basnet, Prakash Adhikari (Director)
- Lahure (1989) Shrawan Ghimire, Tripti Nadkar (Director, Actor, Editor, Story)
- Chino (1991) Shiva Shrestha, Kristi Mainali, Bhuwan KC, Sharmila Malla, Sunil ThapaÂ (Director)
- Dui Thopa Aansoo (1992) Bhuwan KC, Shrawan Ghimire, Anuradha Sawant (Director)
- Koseli (1993) Tripti Nadkar, Krishna Malla, Bharati Ghimire, Shrawan Ghimire, Bijaya Lama (Director
- Dakshina (1994) Tulsi Ghimire, Bhuwan KC, Niruta Singh (Director, Actor)
- Deuta (1996) Rajesh Hamal, Srijana Basnet, Shrawan Ghimire (Director, Editor, Story writer, Screenwriter, Lyricist)
- Balidaan (1996) Hari Bansha Acharya, Madan Krishna Shrestha, Anjana Shrestha, Nir ShahÂ (Director, Cameraman, Editor)
- Rahar (1996) Niruta Singh, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Artist)
- Darpan Chaya (2001) Dilip Rayamajhi, Niruta Singh, Uttam Pradhan, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Editor, Story writer, Actor)
- Lahana (2002) Dilip Rayamajhi, Niruta Singh, Uttam Pradhan (Director, Editor, Story writer)
- Dui Kinara (2007) Niruta Singh, Bhupen Chand (Director)
- Maya Ta Maya Ho (2009) Nikhil Upreti, Sanchita Luitel, Suraj RD, Tulsi Ghimire (Director, Actor)
- Desh (2010) Rajesh Hamal, Nikhil Upreti, Niruta Singh (Director, Lyricist)
- Swarg Ko Pari (2010) Director
- Mrigatrishna (2011) Karma Shakya, Biraj Bhatt, Nandita KC (Director, Editor, Lyricist)
- Darpan Chhaya 2 (2017 – expected) animated movie (Director)
- Gautama Buddha (uncertain release date) animated movie (Director)
9 thoughts on “Tulsi Ghimire – Nepali director”
Tulsi Ghimire jyu ko ” Darshan jindagiko” serial pani you tube ma upload hunu sakey aavari rahanechu…. yo atinai shikshya mulak cha ahileko pariveshma
plz .upload old nepali movie chino
The Swarga ko pari is nowhere in the database nor in youtube.. Guide me finding it.
The Swarga ko pari is nowhere in the database nor in youtube.. Guide me ginding it.
my name is inder chhetri from india , i want to work in nepali film as negative role if u have any role fore me than contact me 8587821640 or wats app me i will send my pic to you
hello n nemaste sar i’am aryan sharma from jhapa nepal m actore u need a job pliz … U r my goad pliz last aasha tapai mathi x nai n bhannu la pliz my facebook id is rnk kiran jhapali… Plizzzzzzz plizzzzz